Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza
Style White-washed terracotta-tiled townhouse
Setting Cobbled courts of old-town Andalucía
A bright and beautiful boutique hotel tucked away in the narrow streets of Seville’s old town, Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza centres on rustic cobblestone courtyards, where you’ll find trailing greenery and help-yourself baskets of Seville’s famous oranges. Built in the 18th-century, its terracotta, white and ochre exterior is classic Andalucía, but, inside, it’s a cool and contemporary world of sleek stone floors, crisp white sheets and marble-tile bathrooms.
Need to know
- Rooms 41, including five suites.
Double rooms from AU$133.40 (€95), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€95) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€17).
- Facilities Rooftop spa and massage area, library, DVD/CD selection, free WiFi throughout, valet parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, iPod dock, under-floor heating.
- Poolside The little rooftop pool is lined with potted cactuses and blue-cushioned loungers. You can help yourself to fresh oranges left in baskets around the terrace.
- Check-out Midday, although later check-out can be arranged, depending on availability.
- Children Extra beds can be provided for €50 a night and babysitting can be arranged for around €10 an hour. The restaurant offers a children’s menu and has a supply of high chairs for babies.
- Also Pets are welcome. Non-smoking rooms available.
Food and drink at Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza
- Hotel restaurant Hospes Las Casas del Rey’s warm and rustic Senzone restaurant is located in a 13th-century building and serves innovative, but staunchly Andalucían dishes.
- Dress code Summery city chic.
- Top table Sit by the window inside the restaurant, but prime position is to be had in the warmth of the courtyard at breakfast time, before the sun gets too scorchy.
- Last orders Lunch is served between 1.30pm and 3.30pm; dinner from 8.30pm until 11pm.
- Room service There’s a 24-hour menu of food and drinks.
- Hotel bar You can enjoy tapas, salads and a wide variety of drinks at the rooftop pool bar, which offers beautiful views over the surrounding Alfalfa district.
Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza Calle Santiago, Plaza Jesús de la Redención, Seville Province, 41003
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza
Free dessert with every dinner booked at Senzone restaurant; guests staying in a Dreamers Room will receive a glass of manzanilla and a plate of jamon iberico, whereas those booking a Superior Room or Suite will get a bottle of cava and a fruit basket
Current offers at Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza
Offers at Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Las Casas’ rooms are all cat-swingingly spacious, so there’s no need to go for a Suite unless size really does matter. We like the front-facing Double Superiors, which have wide French doors. All rooms look out over the main courtyard, and are decorated with elegant simplicity – whitewashed walls, slate floors, cast-iron beds – colourfully spiced with contemporary art pieces and Indian carvings.
Your dancing shoes – Seville is flamenco’s motherland and there’s no better place to try your hand (or rather, foot) at the sultry skirt-swishing steps.
Las Casas del Rey also has a small spa area and a solarium beside the pool. Ayurvedic, Thai, shiatsu and aromatherapy massages are on offer.