- Style Slick warehouse conversion
- Setting Off-centre Clerkenwell
The Zetter is a hotel that’s all about cutting-edge design, with the clever and ironic contrasts and clashes of modern styles that you’d expect from an establishment embodying London’s eastside renaissance. The flamboyant pink chandelier that greets you in the lobby is a statement of intent, and the bold thinking continues throughout.
Need to know
- Rooms 59, including seven rooftop studios.
- Rates Double rooms from $171.48 (£105), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (£12.50).
- Facilities CD/DVD players, Zetter Radio, vending machines, high-speed Internet access, airport transfers and limo service; massages can be arranged.
- Check–out Midday.
Children Are welcome; childminding service available.
- Also Hot-water bottles available (with hand-knitted covers). Pets are not allowed.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms A rooftop studio: two are extra-spacious, with large private terraces and views of Sir Norman Foster’s skyscraper, the ‘Gherkin’, and St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Packing tips Your dancing shoes – superclub Fabric is a stumble away. No need to pack sleeping pills, as there is a special Insomnia Menu on room service.
Food and drink at The Zetter
- Hotel restaurant Bruno Loubet is the eponymous, Raymond-Blanc-trained chef behind the Zetter’s new eatery, Bistrot Bruno Loubet. Expect bold and beautiful bistro flavours – upside down emmental soufflé, beef daube Provençale – and some cheeky English-French fusion food (rice pudding pannacotta with marmalade and a full-English-style breakfast).
- Dress code The area is a magnet for architects and graphic designers: opt for clean, structural lines or bold prints and dark denim.
- Top table Ask for a table by the sweeping window – there's no shortage of those.
- Last orders Food and drinks: 11pm.
- Room service 24 hours, with restaurant menu until 11pm, when a snack menu starts.
- Hotel bar Part of the Zetter restaurant, with modern decor, it serves cocktails until 11pm. There are various other nooks and crannies with brightly coloured walls, low chairs and bold artwork – perfect for a relaxed cocktail or three.