The House Hotel Nisantasi
- Style Decadent design den
- Setting Sisli’s shopping district
Istanbul’s The House Hotel Nisantasi is a Bosphorous-facing design dream, with Autoban interiors, spacious suites and statement style pieces, such as chairs that look more like birdcages. This seven-storey city terrace has been remastered to match the slick district it inhabits – the smart black entrance sets the tone, and inside it just gets better.
Need to know
- Rooms 45, including nine suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $202.64 (€147), excluding tax at 8 per cent.
- More details Rates include buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, gym and book/CD/DVD library. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock, minibar, free bottled water and L’Occitane bath products.
- Check–out 12pm, but flexible (free until 2pm, 50 per cent of an extra night thereafter). Earliest check-in, 3pm.
Children Cots for babies are free, and extra beds can be added at no cost for children under six (€60 a night if they're older). Babysitting with a local nanny costs €50 an hour.
- Also Pets that weigh under 5kg (designer dogs, etc) can stay for an extra €20. Some smoking rooms are available. In-room beauty treatments can be arranged.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms We love Suites 51 and 61 for their breathtaking Bosphorus views; their white marble bathrooms, cocoa colours and Autoban accoutrement aren’t bad, either. For the same view but shedloads more space, and a private balcony, head up to the seventh floor and try out the Terrace Deluxe Rooms.
- Packing tips Back catalogues of Wallpaper* and I.D. to get plotting your own redesign; leave space in your suitcase for the new clothes picked up in the hotel’s neighbourhood.
- Also Aspiring mixologists can practise in-room: there’s a shaker, cocktail glasses and plenty of liquor at your disposal.
Food and drink at The House Hotel Nisantasi
- Hotel restaurant The restaurant, bar and lobby all merge into one relaxed, refined, open-plan space, dominated by big Sezer Arici prints and an edgy Autoban bookcase. It’s quality over quantity, menu-wise: there are just four finely tuned dishes to pick from. Expect burgers, steaks and herb-crusted salmon.
- Dress code City-slicker smart.
- Top table Sidle up to the bar and settle in for a cocktail-making show.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 7am until 11am; lunch is between midday and 4pm; dinner runs from 6pm until 10.30pm.
- Room service Anything from the restaurant can be ordered in-room between 7am and 10.30pm.
- Hotel bar The bar is in the same room as the restaurant, with a mirrored back wall, marble counter and elegant Autoban stools. The French management have ensured there’s plenty of fine wines in stock, but the more adventurous should go for a white chocolate martini and a Raki cocktail. The delicious House Lemonade has a closely guarded recipe.