- Style Sir Richard's splendid retreat
- Setting Tamed mountainside
A magical walled complex near Asni, in the High Atlas, Kasbah Tamadot is all peaceful courtyards, intriguing staircases, landscaped gardens and breathtaking views. The master suite is a miniature replica of the Kasbah, with 360-degree views of the mountain scenery.
Need to know
- Rooms 28, including eight suites (one with private pool), a three-bedroomed master suite, and ten tented suites, six with private plunge pools.
- Rates Double rooms from $522.67 (MAD4,318), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast. Full-board is available for an extra €70 each a day (€35 for children).
- Facilities Spa, gym, landscaped gardens, heated mountain-view infinity pool, heated indoor pool, sauna, hammam, floodlit tennis courts, book-filled salon with internet access, log fire, TV/DVD, gift shop, many excursions, including trekking and horse riding.
- Check–out Midday.
Children Little Smiths aged 11 and under are welcome, and stay free when sharing a room with their parents. Babysitting is available, but remember to book ahead. Cots and high chairs should also be requested in advance.
- Also No pets; no smoking.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Aman room (deluxe suite with pool) is a wonderful place to have breakfast outside. The Tazart Room has a carved wood ceiling and stunning green bathroom. The Jacaranda room also has a ceiling worth ogling and beautiful terrace. The Master Suite is the ‘mini Kasbah’, occupying two floors.
- Packing tips Layers in autumn and winter; walking boots.
- Also If you can't find availability online, give the Smith Travel Team a call – we may still be able to find you a room.
Food and drink at Kasbah Tamadot
- Hotel restaurant Kanoun restaurant has two terraces to choose from, one by the pool and one on the rooftop. Food is a mix of sophisticated Moroccan, African and international offerings, and there’s an impressive wine list.
- Dress code Dressed-down glam.
- Top table Have lunch by the infinity pool, and ask the hotel to book you one of the hotel’s secluded spots for a romantic dinner.
- Last orders Breakfast is from 7.30am until 10.30am; lunch is between noon and 2.30pm; dinner is from 7.30pm until 10.30pm. The bar shuts at midnight.
- Room service Breakfast from 6am to 12pm; snacks from 11am to 11pm; the dinner menu is available on request. Snacks can be summoned poolside between 11am and 6pm.
- Hotel bar There is a pool bar and a rooftop bar, plus a fireside bar in the Kanoun restaurant.