- Style Discreet, sexy, arty
- Setting Seine-set tranquillity
Artful lodgings in the 16th arrondissement, where a spectacular classical façade conceals incroyable contemporary cool, with Christophe Pillet-designed furniture. The colour palette is bold and sexy, making the Hotel Sezz the perfect romantic bolthole in the heart of Paris. The hotel spa and hammam is a great place to unwind.
Need to know
- Rooms 26, including 14 suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $361.25 (€264), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Spa Sezz by Payot with a Jacuzzi, hammam and treatment room (most types of massage can be arranged with two hours’ notice); free DVD library; free WiFi throughout; concierge. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, iPod dock, Nespresso machine, minibar, Acqua di Parma bath products, slippers and robes.
- Check–out 12 noon, but flexible.
Children Cots and interconnecting rooms are available, but Sezz’s glass-and-stone design means it’s not a hugely child-friendly hotel.
- Also Private parking is available on request – ask at the time of booking.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Rooms 22, 32, 42 and 52 are Junior Suites with deep Japanese-style slate baths. The Loft Eiffel suite (room 69) is very spacious, with an open-plan bathroom, double bath and sexy shower, plus Eiffel Tower views. The larger Eiffel Suite (room 75) looks out over the rooftops and the eponymous Tower, and comes with a huge living area containing a PS3, Nespresso machine and Christopher Pillet-designed sofa-bed. The glass-walled bathroom has a double tub.
Food and drink at Hotel Sezz
- Hotel restaurant There's no restaurant on-site, but all the gastronomic delights of Paris await: Sezz staff will happily make you a reservation or point you in the right direction. A buffet breakfast is served in La Grande Dame from 7am–11am; after this, a menu of bar snacks is available until midnight.
- Dress code Comme tu veux (but err on the classic side of contemporary).
- Last orders Drinks are poured until midnight at the bar.
- Room service 24 hours – the snack menu is available all night.
- Hotel bar La Grande Dame is the city's first Veuve Clicquot champagne bar: snuggle up in the hot pink pod and sample fizz paired with Pimm's or Amaretto.