- Style 18th-century exoticism
- Setting Chic Champs-Elysées
Exotically styled by Tarfa Salam, Hôtel Daniel's lavish decor mixes beautiful Toile de Jouy, hand-painted wallpapers and Oriental carpets with a sea green palette to create a whimsical and elegant concoction of Chinoiserie. Opening each door is like flicking through the pages of a traveller’s diary. The exquisite interiors will have you dreaming of faraway places – but a quick glance outside brings you back to modern Paris, where the chic boutiques and Michelin-starred restaurants of the Champs-Elysées await.
Need to know
- Rooms 26, including seven suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $447.10 (€327), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, from €24.
- Facilities Free WiFi, PCs and mobile phones available to borrow on request. In rooms: LCD TV, CD player, minibar.
- Check–out 11am. Stretched to 6pm at a half-day rate, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
Children An extra bed can be added to suites by prior arrangement for €75 a night; children under 12 stay free. Babysitting starts at €15 for three hours.
- Hotel closed Never; but the restaurant is closed from 25 July to 25 August when a summer menu is available for guests.
- Also Smoking and non-smoking rooms available. Concierge service, to help you see and be seen in all the right places. In-room beauty and spa treatments available. Parking from €25 a day.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All the Deluxe rooms are on the sixth floor; 602 has a large bathroom with a spectacular view of the Parisian rooftops. Standard rooms 102, 202, 302 and 402 are smaller, but equally delightful and quiet. You can enjoy breakfast on your balcony in any of the suites and watch the sun set over the tip of the Eiffel Tower from the Daniel Suite.
- Packing tips Leave your hairdryer, bathrobe, slippers and toiletries at home – bathrooms are brimming with luxurious goodies.
- Also Teatime is a chic affair at Hôtel Daniel, with loose-leaf teas from Mariage Frères – try a delicate Ceylon Orange Pekoe. Leave tired Louboutins out overnight and they’ll re-appear – buffed to perfection – the next morning. Guests can enjoy discounted spa treatments, the gym and a swim at nearby L'Espace Payot.
Food and drink at Hôtel Daniel
- Hotel restaurant The bar and the lounge do small plates and snacks, including breakfast all day, and steak tartare with chips. Gourmet Restaurant Daniel offers a refined French/Med menu, Monday to Friday; lighter food is served at weekends. Ask in advance and the hotel will prepare a picnic – you can have it up on the private roof terrace overlooking all of Paris, or in a park of your choice; it’ll cost €55 a person, including drinks.
- Dress code Vintage couture; sleek cheong-sams; nifty tailoring.
- Top table Cosy up at one of the elegant recessed banquet tables, for an intimate dîner à deux.
- Last orders 1am for drinks; 10pm for food. Lunch available from noon to 2pm; dinner, 7–11pm, Mondays to Fridays only. A reduced bar-style menu is available for guests at the weekend.
- Room service It’s a 24-hour operation: hot food until the restaurant kitchen closes, then a limited menu until breakfast.
- Hotel bar Sip a Kir Royale among sumptuous satin cushions, fresh orchids, shelves of jewel-coloured glasses and de Gournay wallpaper in the hotel’s signature sea green.