Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa
- Style Tropical contemporary
- Setting Seductive Si Kao seaside
Nature envelops boutique retreat Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa, 90 minutes' drive south of Krabi. Cascading water, fragrant gardens and a rustic elegance reflect the tropical jungle and vibrantly blue sea that surround it. Add in a buzzy beach club on Koh Kradan, an Ayurvedic spa and local adventures to stimulate even the most jaded of travellers, and you have the essence of a pinch-yourself-to-believe-it beach escape.
Need to know
- Rooms 139, including 11 suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $186.16 (THB6,000), excluding tax at 18.7 per cent.
- More details Rates include buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Spa and wellness centre, PADI dive centre, tennis court, two pools, restaurants, bar, kids’ club, beach club, activity centre, gym, library of books and DVDs, concierge, free WiFi in public areas (THB350 net a day in rooms). In rooms: flatscreen satellite TV, DVD player, iPod dock, minibar, own-label Anantara toiletries.
- Poolside Relax by the large oval outdoor pool, set amid lush tropical gardens with a Jacuzzi overlooking the ocean; there's a good-sized kids' pool alongside.
- Check–out 12 noon, but flexible, subject to availability until 2pm (to guarantee a late check-out until 6pm a half-day fee is charged; after 6pm, a full extra night’s charge applies). Check-in, 2pm.
Children They'll love it here. Free baby cots and extra beds for children under 12 are available (excluding breakfast at THB350++ each); extra beds for older children cost THB1,550 a night, including breakfast.
- Eco‐friendly The hotel recycles and composts, sources food locally, and supports mangrove replanting.
- Also All rooms are non-smoking; smoking is only allowed in specified areas.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Go for one of the spacious Deluxe Terrace suites, which have the same polished elegance as the other rooms but with the added blessing of a patch of lawn for private sunbathing. If you're got kids in tow, the Anantara Family Pool Terraces are a better bet, with garden access and refreshing plunge pools.
- Packing tips You'll be spending a lot of time in the water, so an array of costumes, plus plenty of sunscreen are essential. It's fairly remote here, too, with few opportunities for nearby shopping, so bring all the books, magazines and kids' games needed.
- Also Spa devotees will be thrilled with the offerings at the Anantara Spa and Wellness 360°. From half-hour aromatic floral baths to multi-day detox and rejuvenation packages, there's something to suit everyone. For the ultimate pedicure, book the Dr Fish spa treatment, where you plunge your feet into a pool of tiny fish who then proceed to nibble away any rough skin.
Food and drink at Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa
- Hotel restaurant The resort has two main restaurants. The first, Leelawadee, a casual, open-air venue, serves a lavish buffet breakfast, light lunches and southern Thai dishes in the evening. Acqua is Anantara's star evening restaurant offering fine Italian cuisine and seafood, either in the elegant white dining room or on the balcony, which is particularly beautiful as the sun sets. Elsewhere light meals and snacks are served throughout the day at the Beach House bar, Pool Bar and at the beach club on Koh Kradan.
- Dress code Very relaxed in most of the venues, although Acqua calls for a slightly smarter approach.
- Top table Anantara prides itself on its Dining By Design, where a personal chef creates a magical meal for two in a unique setting, whether that's on the beach, by the forest's edge or on your balcony.
- Last orders 10.30pm for food or drinks at Leelawadee, Acqua and Beach House. Leelawadee and Beach House close at 11pm; Acqua at 10.30pm.
- Room service Available 24 hours, with a choice of the full restaurant menus during opening hours, and a range of refreshing drinks.
- Hotel bar With its airy, white-washed surrounds, scatter cushions and beanbags, the Beach House exudes an easy-going vibe. Try a Thaiprinhia – a Siamese take on the Brazilian classic – as you roll out the backgammon. There is also a Pool Bar, which serves drinks, pizzas and snacks during the day, and a beach club at Koh Kradan.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details