York & Albany
Style Best of British
Setting Right by Regent’s Park
If name-dropping were a crime, York & Albany would be in trouble, with its John Nash-designed building, Russell Sage interiors and Gordon Ramsay’s culinary captaincy. The Regent’s Park location, fabulous food and stash of antiques will lure you in, and the relaxed atmosphere will keep you here.
Need to know
- Rooms Nine, including one suite.
Double rooms from AU$242.36 (£156), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£156) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (full English at £12, or à la carte).
- Facilities Deli, DVD library and free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, iPod dock, free bottled water, a selection of books and magazines and bathrooms stocked with Miller Harris products.
- Check-out 11am. Check-in, from 3pm.
- Children Little Smiths are more than welcome – the hotel provides crayons and colouring paper to keep them busy. The restaurant has a menu tailored to tots.
- Also The bar and ground-floor restaurant are wheelchair-accessible, as is one of the superior rooms (Room Seven).
Food and drink at York & Albany
- Hotel restaurant The restaurant is spread across three dining areas: the bar, a ground-floor dining area with floor-to-ceiling windows and a sultry, ruby-red basement opposite the open-plan kitchen. Offerings are hearty and traditional, with dishes such as braised shoulder of beef with crushed turnip and red wine jus, and Bakewell tart with clotted cream.
- Dress code ‘Smart casual’ could have been invented for York & Albany – though the atmosphere is relaxed, the setting is stylish. Be as tactile as the surroundings and pair a silk-crepe shirt or vintage lace top with jeans.
- Top table Sit out on the courtyard if the sun is shining, or head downstairs to the red banquettes and watch the chefs at work.
- Last orders Dinner is dished up until 11pm and drinks are served in the bar until midnight.
- Room service The 24-hour room service spans the full menu during the restaurant’s opening hours, or sandwiches and snacks during the night. You can also order snacks and pizzas from the bar, or pick up supplies from Nonna’s.
- Hotel bar In the 1920s, York & Albany was a pub, and the bar still has the kind of warm, relaxed atmosphere that you can keep you in your local from noon ’til night. The soothing palette of mushroom, taupe and aubergine gets a shot of drama courtesy of splashes of black – leather chesterfields and a glittering black and glass mirrored bar. On Monday and Tuesday nights, a jazz pianist tickles the ivories in the corner.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
York & Albany York & Albany, 127-129 Parkway, Regents Park, London NW1 7PS
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at York & Albany
A glass of prosecco each on arrival
Current offers at York & Albany
Offers at York & Albany
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The two deluxe rooms on the second floor (Rooms Eight and Nine) overlook Regent’s Park’s leafy green stretch. The suite feels like a private loft apartment, with its own separate entrance accessed from a short staircase outside. Inside, it’s decked out in neutral hues, with an art deco desk carved from syrup-brown wood, heavy pieces of antique furniture, soft silk wallpaper and a vivid red rug.
Some vintage threads to match the antiques; a picnic hamper for sunny days in Regent’s Park.