The Purist Villas & Spa
Style Remixed treasures, modern pleasures
Setting Verdant village edge
Soaring bamboo stalks and leafy serenity surround the Purist Villas & Spa – a luxury spa resort of seven modern villas (some with pools), which seamlessly blend indoor and outdoor living. Admire the Indonesian cultural treasures that fill these neutral-hued home-from-homes, then explore the verdant jungle surroundings.
Need to know
- Rooms Seven villas, of which two pairs can be adjoined to form larger residences.
Double rooms from AU$303.86 ($290), excluding tax at 21 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($290) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast and afternoon tea with Balinese sweets, 24-hour butler service and twice-daily shuttle service to the centre of Ubud.
- Facilities Spa, yoga pavilion, library, bicycles, gardens, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, minibar, free tea, bottled water, fresh fruit.
- Poolside The Garden, Hill and Bamboo Villas each have private pools. The remaining villas have direct access to the jungle-fringed main infinity pool.
- Check-out Noon, but flexible subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Little Smiths are welcome at the Purist and free baby cots are provided.
- Also The ethos here is home from home – so you can dine or enjoy spa treatments at your villa. Butler service is available 24 hours.
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day (Day of Silence), although stays are still possible. Bali’s airport also closes for the day.
Food and drink at The Purist Villas & Spa
- Hotel restaurant An open air Javanese joglo house has been recycled here as the hotel’s dining area, although most guests enjoy dinner at their villa or by the pool. Breakfast brings fresh fruits, pancakes or native nasi goreng (a rice and chicken dish). By night, go Balinese with a salad, grilled fish or curry under the stars.
- Dress code The high degree of privacy here means no one needs to dress up. Jungle nights can be cold, so pack accordingly.
- Top table For in-villa dining, the jungle-facing outdoor living area of the River Residence is hard to beat. For other guests, the Purist’s bijou bar doubles as an excellent spot to dine in, accompanied by the river and countless crickets.
- Last orders As it’s usual for guests to dine in villa or at the pool bar, dinner is served anytime with room service available around the clock. Place your meal order two to three hours ahead, so that the freshest ingredients can be sourced to order.
- Room service A selection of pan-Asian snacks and Western comfort food is available around the clock, with breakfast served between 7am and 11am.
- Hotel bar Staff can be called upon at any time to mix drinks in this covered open-air nook, flanked by the infinity pool on one side, jungle on the other.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
The Purist Villas & Spa Jalan Tirta Tawar, Banjar Kutuh Kaja, Ubud, Bali, indonesia
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Purist Villas & Spa
An Anti-Jetlag package for two, including a 30-minute neck and shoulder massage on arrival, healthy mocktail and Balinese offering box.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The decor in all villas teams Balinese trinkets and soft furnishings with sleek, contemporary furniture and design. We like Timor Villa for its hand-carved rough wood exterior and thick, antique floorboards. Garden Villa comes with the largest private pool. Hill Villa stands out as a quirkily decorated duplex with two bedrooms. For larger groups, the River Villas combine into one large residence, as do the Timor and Garden Villas.
Anti-mozzie spray is a must in Ubud’s rice-terraced jungle. Take sturdy footwear for trekking through the exquisite terrain.
Plan to spend serious time in the intimate, minimalist spa here.