Western Limpopo, South Africa
Style Canvas masterpiece
Setting Boho Limpopo
Marataba is set at the foot of the Waterberg mountains and seamlessly blends contemporary design with natural materials in an area that abounds with wildlife. The romantic open-plan and luxurious suites allow the sights, sounds and smells of the magnificent Marakele National Park to flood in. Each suite has its own viewing deck from which you can survey the plains and the meandering river below.
Need to know
- Rooms 12 suites.
Double rooms from AU$737.78 (ZAR7,009), excluding tax at 14 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (ZAR7,009) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include all meals, drinks and game drives.
- Facilities Rooms have air-con, under-floor heating, roll-top baths, outdoor showers and private decks. The main lodge has a library.
- Poolside The pool is surrounded by sunloungers and lush gardens.
- Check-out Midday.
- Children Children over six are welcome.
- Also Limpopo's Marakele National Park is malaria free.
Food and drink at Marataba
- Hotel restaurant Lunch is normally served on the verandah 12.30pm–2pm. Dinner is served at 7.30pm in the elegant dining room, on the verandah, or in the boma under the stars. The menu is dominated by African flavours.
- Dress code Savannah style.
- Top table On the verandah or in the boma.
- Last orders The bar closes when the last guest leaves.
- Room service A room service menu is available at all times.
- Hotel bar The bar has a relaxed atmosphere. All drinks are included in the cost of the room.
Marataba Marataba Private Reserve, Greater Marakele National Park, Western Limpopo, Hoopdal, 0380
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Marataba
A bottle of wine and romantic evening turn-down service
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The suites nearest the river are best for wildlife.
Malaria pills are unnecessary, but insect repellent is still a good idea. A zoom lens is essential for the best wildlife photos.