Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel
Style Minimalism for maximalists
Setting Cream of the Côte
Top of the class for architecture and design, Cap d’Antibes Beach Hotel has as much glitter as the surrounding sea, with its polished glass and concrete planes. Inside, things are equally dazzling, with the renowned Les Pecheurs restaurant, and bold bedrooms, decked out with a modishly marine theme.
Need to know
- Rooms 27, including five suites.
Double rooms from AU$479.88 (€364), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.30 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€364) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (from €29).
- Facilities Private beach with wellness centre, gardens, book and DVD library, free broadband. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar, bottled water, L’Occitane products.
- Poolside The black mosaic-tiled 'vitality' pool has a giant steel sculpted tap, great for watery back massages. The pool looks as though it overflows into the sea – admire the view as you recline on a lounger.
- Check-out Noon. Earliest check-in, 4pm.
- Children Little Smiths are welcome. The restaurant has a children’s menu; cots are free for babies, and babysitting with a local nanny can be organised (book a day in advance). The pool is for over-16s only.
- Also Pets can come too, for €25 a day. Secure parking costs €25 a day.
- Hotel closed From the beginning of November until mid March.
Food and drink at Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel
There are two restaurants: Les Pêcheurs, a stylish eatery with gastronomic gravitas; and the more casual beach restaurant, Le Cap. Food at Les Pêcheurs is a sensory surprise, with dishes such as veal served with celeriac, mango and vanilla-flower salt. Le Cap serves up pasta, fish and Provençal dishes.
- Dress code Don your most dazzling dinner attire for Les Pêcheurs (jackets required for men). A polo shirt or sarong will stand you in good stead at Le Cap.
- Top table Sit by the window at Les Pêcheurs, or close to the waves at Le Cap.
- Last orders Breakfast in Les Pecheurs is served between 7.30am until 11am; dinner is dished up from 7.30pm until 10.30pm.
- Room service As well as a 24-hour menu of snacks and simple meals, there's a selection of dishes from Le Cap and Les Pêcheurs available during restaurant opening hours.
In a minimalist space by the lobby, with white walls and aubergine-coloured murals, the glossy red bar is surrounded by egg-shaped tables and chairs. A wall of slanted bookshelves divides bar from restaurant.
Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel 10 Boulevard Maréchal Juin, 06160 Cap d'Antibes
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel
A flask of port and Mignardises pastries
Current offers at Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Deluxe Room 208 comes with dazzling views, but Room 210 has the best fish mural (every room has one), covering an entire wall. You can sea-gaze from Suite 201, which also has a cosy sitting area and a well-sized bathroom with a shower and free-standing tub. Suite 105 has its own private garden.
Poolside poser finery: oversized sunglasses, dapper trunks or an itsy bitsy Pistol Panties bikini, plus an air of sophisticated insouciance.
The hotel was once a beachside club for the beautiful and the glammed, counting Sophia Loren and Cary Grant among its clientele.