Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa
Style Tropical contemporary
Setting Seductive Si Kao seaside
Nature envelops boutique retreat Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa, 90 minutes' drive south of Krabi. Cascading water, fragrant gardens and a rustic elegance reflect the tropical jungle and vibrantly blue sea that surround it. Add in a buzzy beach club on Koh Kradan, an Ayurvedic spa and local adventures to stimulate even the most jaded of travellers, and you have the essence of a pinch-yourself-to-believe-it beach escape.
Need to know
- Rooms 139, including 11 suites.
Double rooms from AU$175.49 (THB5,100), excluding tax at 18.7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB5,100) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi in lobby, Beach House and Lounge Café, spa and wellness centre, kids club, activity centre, gym, book and DVD library. In rooms: satellite TV, DVD player, pre-loaded iPod, minibar.
- Poolside Relax by the large oval outdoor pool with Jacuzzi overlooking the ocean; there's a good-sized kids' pool alongside.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible (a fee may be charged for later check-outs). Check-in, 2pm.
- Children They'll love it here. Free baby cots are available and extra beds for older children cost THB1,550 an night, including breakfast. More...
- Also Smoking is only allowed in specified areas.
Food and drink at Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa
- Hotel restaurant The resort has two main restaurants. The first, Leelawadee, a casual, open-air venue, serves a lavish buffet breakfast, light lunches and southern Thai dishes in the evening. Acqua is Anantara's star evening restaurant offering fine Italian cuisine and seafood, either in the elegant white dining room or on the balcony, which is particularly beautiful as the sun sets. Elsewhere light meals and snacks are served throughout the day at the Beach House, the Lounge Café and at the beach club on Koh Kradan.
- Dress code Very relaxed in most of the venues, although Acqua calls for a slightly smarter approach.
- Top table Anantara prides itself on its Dining By Design, where a personal chef creates a magical meal for two in a unique setting, whether that's on the beach, by the forest's edge or on your balcony.
- Last orders 10.30pm.
- Room service Available 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar With its airy, white-washed surrounds, scatter cushions and beanbags, the Beach House exudes an easy-going vibe. Try a Thaiprinhia – a Siamese take on the Brazilian classic – as you roll out the backgammon. There is also a pool bar, which serves drinks, pizzas and snacks during the day, and a beach club at Koh Kradan.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa 198 - 1999 Moo 5, Had Pakmeng – Changlang Road, Maifad, Si Kao, Trang, Thailand, 92150
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa
THB500 voucher for food and drink (excluding alcohol) and THB500 voucher for a massage treatment at Anantara Spa Si Kao
Current offers at Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa
Offers at Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Go for one of the spacious Deluxe Terrace suites, which have the same polished elegance as the other rooms but with the added blessing of a patch of lawn for private sunbathing. If you're got kids in tow, the Anantara Family Pool Terraces are a better bet, with garden access and refreshing plunge pools.
You'll be spending a lot of time in the water, so an array of costumes, plus plenty of sunscreen are essential. It's fairly remote here, too, with few opportunities for nearby shopping, so bring all the books, magazines and kids' games needed.
Spa devotees will be thrilled with the offerings at the Anantara Spa and Wellness 360°. From half-hour aromatic floral baths to multi-day detox and rejuvenation packages, there's something to suit everyone. For the ultimate pedicure, book the Dr Fish spa treatment, where you plunge your feet into a pool of tiny fish who then proceed to nibble away any rough skin.