La Belle Juliette
Style La vie en rose
Setting Central Saint-Germain
La Belle Juliette leaves a sweet taste in your mouth, thanks to its confectionery-coloured interiors (rose-pink furniture, parma violet paints, humbug-striped sofas), tiered cake-stands, and soufflé-loving chef.
Need to know
- Rooms 34, including two suites.
Double rooms from $308.14 (€240), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€240) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Continental breakfast is an additional €20 each. (Alternatively, stroll to one of the nearby patisseries.)
- Facilities Spa, petite courtyard attached to the restaurant, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, iMac. Deluxe rooms and above have Nespresso machines.
- Poolside One of the hotel’s secret weapons is the unexpected little basement spa and mini swimming pool.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Also Be warned, there will be some round-the-clock disruption for guests on weekdays while the Lazarist monks next door build a new residential home for older members of the order.
Food and drink at La Belle Juliette
Le Talma isn’t your average restaurant – you’ll dine beside a baby grand and a gold harp, with plenty to distract you from your plate: ruby-red chairs, antique globes and books, and tiered cake stands. (There’s also a scattering of hot-pink chairs and tables on the little courtyard.) Breakfast is true to its roots: Le Boulanger de Monge bread, La Ferme d’Alexandre cheeses; lunch looks to Italy – expect burrata, ossobuco, radicchio salad and the ilk.
- Dress code Dip into the hotel’s pretty palette of pinks, parma violet, purple and blue. Nothing’s too frivolous here – model gold lace, berry-bright velvets and a witty little hat.
- Top table Outside on the courtyard if it’s warm. Inside, we like the cosy spot by the open fire: order chocolat chaud and snuggle up.
- Last orders Breakfast is served between 7am and 11am; lunch is 12pm–2pm; the bar dispenses drinks from 7am ’til 11pm (or midnight, on Fridays and Saturdays).
- Room service Have small plates (salads and snacks) brought to your room between 7am and 11pm.
Sample cocktails and cicchetti at Le Talma Bar, a typically colourful and cosy corner of the hotel.
La Belle Juliette 92, rue du Cherche Midi, 75006
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at La Belle Juliette
A glass of champagne at the bar
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Room 107 is a romantic junior suite on the first floor with a dusky-pink complexion and a stately roll-top bath (a perfect setting for a Parisian proposal scene). Room 306 is the smallest and cutest Classic room. The dark shades – deep royal blue and sea-green – give it a more masculine feel, and it’s tucked away on the third floor: peaceful and private.
Candy-pink beach shorts/bikini for the spa; something dramatic for descending the ornate spiral staircase in style (silk or satin for Mrs; crisp tailoring for Mr). Leave plenty of space in your suitcase – Rue du Cherche-Midi is dotted with discerning boutiques.
Save room for teatime, when the cake stands all but groan under the weight of gorgeous gateaux. Twice a month, the hotel hosts a musical mélange in the restaurant-cum-salon. The spa menu takes its cues from ancient Chinese medicine. Pick your pampering ritual according to which bits need TLC. Sore feet? Have the Peking at Your Feet soak, scrub and massage. Tired paws? Go for Happy Hands.