Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
Style State-of-the-art comfort zone
Setting Charming Chipping Campden
Your dream designer pad with all the mod cons, in a breathtaking rural village setting. Chipping Campden is the stuff that tourist-board dreams are made of – ancient, higgledy-piggledy low-lying buildings of beautiful yellow Cotswold stone. Each room at Cotswold House Hotel & Spa has its own USP, and comes equipped with a massive television, Bang & Olufsen entertainment centre, and one of the biggest and comfiest beds you will ever have the joy of sleeping in. It's child-friendly, too.
Need to know
- Rooms 28, including three suites.
Double rooms from $131.54 (£88), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£88) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa with hammam and hydrotherapy pool, gardens, croquet lawn, DVD/CD library. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, fridge, tea/coffee, free broadband internet access.
- Check-out 11.00am. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Cotswold House is family-friendly (although the spa is adults-only): there is a children’s menu, and cots and high chairs are free to borrow. Foldaway beds can be added to some rooms for £35 a night. More...
- Also Dogs can be accommodated – enquire when booking.
Food and drink at Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
The Cotswold Grill is open every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and – as you'd expect – has perfected the humble grill; mouthwatering meat feasts such as rabbit loin, haunch of venison and Tamworth pork chops complement fish dishes and wholesome salads. The restaurant champions local ingredients with the occasional Continental influence (bream with saffron and mussel bouillon, for example). The hotel's fine-dining restaurant, the refined Dining Room, is open for dinner from 7pm, Tuesdays–Saturdays and Sunday Lunch between 12 noon and 3pm every week.
- Dress code Things are nicely relaxed in the Cotswold Grill, but you may want to snazz up a little for dinner in the Dining Room.
- Top table Dine outside, weather permitting; inside, near the French windows.
- Last orders Food: 9.30pm (10pm at weekends). Bar: as late as residents like. Refuel in the morning between 8am and 11.30am.
- Room service There’s a full menu until the kitchens close at 9.30pm (10pm at weekends) and cold snacks thereafter.
The Pavilion Bar serves drinks and light meals on the terrace in good summer weather. Juliana’s Bar is open as long as residents are cosied up on its inviting sofas. Delicious champagne cocktails are served in the Cotswold Grill bar.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa The Square, Chipping Campden, Cotswolds, GL55 6AN
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
A bottle of champagne on arrival
Current offers at Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
Offers at Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All the cottage rooms are lovely; ask for one with its own fireplace. Hidcote Cottage and Longborough Suite have private gardens with outdoor hot tubs. Rooms in the Montrose House wing are all-singing and all-dancing, with in-shower mood lighting and bath tubs built for two: room 11, a suite, has a steam bath; the Sezincote suite has a stone bath.
Something more comfortable to slip into. Swimmers for the spa. A blanket to sit on if you plan to picnic alfresco.
The Cotswold Spa uses La Saltane de Saba products; be sure to book a treatment in advance to avoid disappointment.