Minimum stay 3 nights
Style Groovy retro spy HQ
Setting High-rise downtown playground
What do you get if you cross James Bond bachelor chic, mid-century metropolitan architecture and acid-bright pop-culture wit? The Standard Downtown LA. This fun and funky downtown boutique hotel in Los Angeles bears all the outré hallmarks of dynamic hotelier André Balazs: one of the coolest bars in LA, baths big enough for basketball players, and on-the-money decor that cries out to be a Sixties-era film set.
NEED TO KNOW
- Rooms 207; two penthouse suites.
- Rates Double rooms from USD 165, excluding tax at 15.5 per cent..
- Facilities Outdoor lounge with fireplace, lobby with pool table, 24-hour fitness centre, barber, gift shop, photobooth, valet parking; rooms have free internet connection, CD/DVD players, video games, mini-bars and laptop safes.
- Poolside The Standard's heated rooftop pool has scarlet Perspex seating pods and matching astroturf, sun loungers and waterbed cabanas on its sundeck.
- Check-out Midday, but if you want to check out later, there are half-day rates (subject to room availability).
- Children Welcome. Extra beds can be provided, US$50 a night. Babysitters available.
- Also Pets allowed (US$100 flat fee). There are smoking and non-smoking rooms; smoking is not permitted in the indoor public areas.