Hotel website rate EUR425 per night
Offer rate EUR382 per night
Conversions via XE.com, using today's exchange rate. All prices given are the lowest nightly rate for a double room.
Minimum advance period 14 nights
Other terms This offer must be booked at least 14 days before the start of your stay.
Deposit policy Full, non-refundable prepayment is required when booking.
Style High-flying flamboyance
Setting Erstwhile airfield
Saint James Paris has always had lofty ambitions: in previous lives it has been an intellectual boot-camp for budding French boffins, and site of the first ever hot-air balloon airfield. In its latest guise as colourful, cultured, country estate-style hotel, it’s still flying high.
NEED TO KNOW
- Rooms 48, including 20 Junior Suites, 11 Suites and two Pavilions.
- Rates Double rooms from EUR 397, excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Breakfast is extra: €28 for Continental; €35 for the buffet.
- Facilities Spa, gym, library, private dining rooms, gardens, and free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock and Lanvin bath products.
- Poolside No pool, but the spa has two steam rooms.
- Check-out 12 noon, but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Little Smiths are welcome, too: baby cots are free, as are extra beds for under-12s; babysitting can be arranged with 24 hours’ notice (€20 an hour).
- Also Dogs are welcome (owners are charged €30). Smokers can light up in certain rooms. The mansion was originally built by the widow of French prime minister, Adolphe Thiers, to provide a learning centre for some of France’s most talented students.