Room Mate Grace Hotel
- Style No-frills fashion spread
- Setting Tip of Times Square
The wood panelling and cubic modern furniture at cheap-chic Room Mate Grace Hotel have a whisper of chalet about them, but you can still sense that you’re inches from Times Square, in the middle of Manhattan. Though the bedrooms aren't huge (after all, this is New York City), the bed is at least queen-size. In fact, half the room is sleepable on. There may not be a bath tub to wallow in, but the fact that there’s a pool in the lobby is good compensation.
Need to know
- Rooms 139, including 68 Deluxe rooms and four Premium suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $139.00, excluding tax at 14.75 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of $3.50 per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (US$10 plus tax).
- Facilities Small work-out room, free local calls, free WiFi, DVD players, mini-fridges for self-stocking, snacks and mags on sale at reception.
- Poolside The mezzanine-level pool has an under-water sound system and occupies centre-stage behind a glass wall in Reception. There is also a sauna and steam room.
- Check–out 12 noon, with late check-out according to availability.
Children No cots, but the bunk beds are ideal if you’re bringing older children. Under-12s stay free.
- Also Hotel Grace has a DJ every Friday and Saturday night.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Premium suites have views of Times Square and lots of natural light. Deluxe for 3 rooms feature king-size beds and twin bunks. Deluxe rooms are as roomy, but without bunks. Petite and Standard rooms have queen-size beds.
- Packing tips Exhibitionist swimsuits.
Food and drink at Room Mate Grace Hotel
- Hotel restaurant No restaurant.
- Dress code Youthful, quirky.
- Last orders 3am in Grace's bar.
- Room service None, but you'll find menus in your room for local restaurants that deliver.
- Hotel bar The swim-up bar is as cheekily designed as the rest of Room Mate Grace Hotel.