Style Fanciful fashion house
Setting Cosmopolitan Corso Como
Maison Moschino hotel is as fashionable as it’s historic, housed in Milan’s first rail station, with haute-couture allure and deliciously avant-garde decor. Coming from mega-brand Moschino, style and surrealism are to be expected: rooms inspired by fairy tales and abstract concepts, and a restaurant manned by a dazzlingly creative chef. Nocturnal types will love this hotel's lively locale – expect weekends here to be buzzy.
Need to know
- Rooms 65, including two junior suites.
Double rooms from AU$190.74 (€145), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €4.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€145) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€16–€24).
- Facilities Spa with Jacuzzis and Turkish bath, gym, secure parking (€30 a day) and WiFi throughout (€1 an hour). In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar and Euroitalia bath products. The following room types have free WiFi: Gallery Dream, Prestige Dream and Junior Suite.
- Poolside The Turkish bath has a petite spa pool.
- Check-out 12 noon, but flexible, subject to availability (a small charge will apply to late check-outs). Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Smith Junior is welcome, with extra beds (€60) and babysitting available.
- Also Maison Moschino has dedicated disabled-access rooms and bathrooms, and communal areas are wheelchair accessible.
- Hotel closed 30 July–2 September
Food and drink at Maison Moschino
Maison Moschino’s kookily irreverent philosophy continues in the starkly sleek restaurant (closed on Mondays), where the masterful chef whips up colourful ‘susci’ (Italian sushi) creations, alongside pasta and meat mains. Expect the unexpected.
- Dress code Catwalk-courting signore and signorina: crisp tailoring and designer tie for Mr Smith, body-hugging dresses for the Mrs. Alternatively: Moschino of course.
- Top table Nab a corner table and people-watch – you’re guaranteed drama.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 7am–10.30am; lunch is 12.30pm–2.30pm and dinner is 7.30pm–10.30pm. The last Love Love cocktail is mixed at midnight in the bar.
- Room service A selection of dishes from the restaurant menu is available until midnight.
A sleek-chic space by reception, the bar continues the hotel’s modern minimalism, accessorised with typically quirky touches (lights crafted from stiletto boots and the like). The marble floor, metal and white stools and shark-grey bar add up to a fashionably understated setting for campari and cocktails.
Maison Moschino Viale Monte Grappa, 12, Milan, 20124
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Maison Moschino
A sweet treat from the chef in your room on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
What’s your favourite fairy tale? If Little Red Riding Hood gave you goosebumps, book the room named after this story and giggle at ‘grandma’ sitting boldly in your bed. A fan of Lewis Carroll? Book Alice’s Room, and sit at a teacup-table, under the glow of a surreal light-bulb dangling from the ceiling. A wannabe Cinderella? Book Sleeping in a Ballgown, which has a princess-worthy dress hanging behind the bed. Those seeking a calmer setting should opt for Gold – a caramel-coloured expanse with soft furnishings and gold-lacquered furniture.
Anything with even the faintest whiff of casual-comfy should be left at home: bring couture threads, superstar sunglasses, quality leather and some seductive scent.
Alessandro Agrati, a famous fashion and interior designer, is the creative talent behind Maison Moschino’s elegant Culti Spa. Set in the basement, the spa boasts high ceilings, grey leather day-beds, wooden floors and rosily lit corridors. There are 18 treatments – all based around the beauty-aiding Brittany sea waters – to choose from: 12 massages, five facials and a classic manicure.