How does the gift list work?
It’s simple: you can use your gift list to raise contributions to put towards Smith hotel stays for a honeymoon, a birthday trip, and anniversary getaway, or whatever you like. It takes just a few minutes to create your gift list page; after that, you can share your unique gift list code with your friends and family, allowing them to view your page and contribute however much they like.
Is there a charge for this service?
No – it’s completely free.
How do I register?
It’s easy and takes less than a minute, just enter your details here. If you’re not a Smith member already, you’ll be asked to sign up first (don’t worry, that’s free too).
When should I start setting up my list?
That’s up to you, but it’s a good idea to have it in place by the time you send your wedding invitations out (that way you can pop one of our free Smith gift list info cards in the same envelope).
How long will it take to set up a list?
Ten minutes, max.
How long before people will be able to contribute to our gift list?
Your list goes live on the Mr & Mrs Smith site as soon as you’ve finished setting it up.
How do I inform my guests that I have a gift list with Mr & Mrs Smith?
You’ll be given a unique code that you can send to your guests, and if your gift list is for your wedding, we’ll send you printed gift list cards which you can include with your invitations.
How can my friends and family access my gift list?
They simply need to visit www.mrandmrssmith.com/gift-list/wedding-registry and enter your gift-list code. If your guests don’t have access to the internet or have any problems making a contribution, they can call our in-house travel team on the number above and one of our consultants will help them make their contribution over the phone.
Can we leave a personal message for guests using our gift list?
Yes, you can create a personal welcome message for your gift list page, as well as your own thank-you message to appear once they’ve contributed.
Can guests leave a message for us when they make a contribution?
Yes, they get an option to leave a personal message when they contribute.
Will guests contributing be able to see what others have said and contributed to my list?
No, the list is private. Only you can see who has contributed and what they’ve said.
How do we know when someone has made a contribution?
You’ll get an email each time someone contributes.
How do I access my gift list online?
Just go to the Mr & Mrs Smith site and sign into your account. You can access your wedding list account at www.mrandmrssmith.com/gift-list/wedding-list
How do I change my gift list details?
If you need to change, add or delete anything from your gift list page, please contact [email protected] and Grace will be happy to help.
Can I have more than one gift list?
Yes, you can.
How do I delete or cancel my gift list?
Please get in touch with [email protected] if you want to remove your gift list page.
Can I track the contributions to my gift list so far?
Yes, you’ll see the total contributions received whenever you sign in.
What happens with our gift list contributions?
They will be put towards hotel stays booked with Mr & Mrs Smith (ie your honeymoon, if your gift list is for a wedding). See the terms and conditions for more precise info on how this works.
How and when does our gift list close?
You can specify on which date you’d like your gift list to close, but if you don’t, it will be at 12 noon on the last working day before the event.
When will we receive our gift list funds?
If you’ve booked a Smith stay, your gift list funds will be transferred to your bank account when the list closes for you to put towards your trip. If your funds exceed the booking total, any excess will be transferred to a Smith loyalty account, which you can put towards future stays. If you haven’t booked a stay before the list closes, all your contributions will be transferred to your loyalty account, where they will be valid for two years.
What if our trip has to be prepaid before the list closes?
If you book a hotel requiring prepayment before the list closes, the total prepaid will be refunded to you from your contributions once the list is closed (if your contributions are not sufficient to cover the prepayment total, you will receive a refund equivalent to the amount contributed to your list). Any unused funds will go directly into your loyalty account to put towards future bookings. This will be valid for two years.
Terms and conditions:
1. Unless you agree a date (before your hotel stay commences) with your wedding specialist, your wedding lists will be closed on the last working day before your wedding day.
2. Contributions may only be used to pay for hotel accommodation, and do not cover transport, food, beverages or activities.
3. After your list has closed, the funds may be used towards an existing honeymoon booking, via a bank transfer to the value of your booking directly to your bank account. Once your hotel accommodation has been paid for, any unused funds in your list will be transferred to your Smith loyalty account to spend on future stays. This will be valid for two years.
4. If you book a hotel requiring prepayment before the list closes, the total prepaid will be refunded from your contributions once the list is closed. If your contributions are not sufficient to cover the prepayment total in full, you will receive a refund equivalent to the amount contributed to your list.
5. Bookings made before a wedding list is closed are made under normal booking conditions and policies. Once the list has closed, any deposits already paid will be refunded as long as there are sufficient funds available in your list.
6. If there is not a sufficient amount to cover the entire cost of your hotel accommodation, the remaining amount will be charged to you by the hotel on check-out.
7. You will be contacted by email one week before your list closes with a full breakdown of all wedding list payments.
8. If you have not made a booking by the time your wedding list closes, your contributions will be transferred to your Smith loyalty account to put towards future bookings. They will remain valid for two years. Cash alternatives are not available.