This legal statement contains information on the following:
3. Membership and loyalty money
4. Gift cards, e-gift cards and vouchers
5. Gift lists
7. Best-price guarantee
8. Membership via American Express
10. Smith's 20th Birthday
You can view our complete booking terms and conditions here.
Agreeing to the booking terms and conditions also means you agree to these membership terms and conditions.
- ‘Booking’, ‘Booked’: a confirmed booking (via any of Mr & Mrs Smith's booking channels) that has stay dates for a point in time in the future
- ‘Stay’, ‘Stayed’: a booking whereby the stay has concluded. The status is now set to 'stay' due to the dates being past and the booking having been honoured
Membership is granted to all customers via:
- Signing up online
- Making a booking
- Making a booking enquiry
- Entering a competition
- Making a purchase from the gift shop
- By registering a gift card
- Requesting a brochure
- Participation in a gift list
You can access your loyalty account via the membership area online and this requires a log-in and password. If you do not have a password set-up you must request a new one.
There are currently three tiers of membership and each tier can either be purchased or awarded based on eligible bookings. ‘Awarded’ membership is at the sole discretion of Mr & Mrs Smith Ltd. ‘Purchased Membership’ can be purchased via Mr & Mrs Smith channels at any time.
The membership tiers are:
Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to discontinue or modify the membership tiers and/or these terms and conditions at any time.
Earning Loyalty money
Loyalty money is earned by all members (BlackSmith, SilverSmith and GoldSmith).
Loyalty money can be earned on all hotel stays booked via Mr & Mrs Smith and is not applicable to partner bookings or on any bookings made directly with hotels.
The earn rate of loyalty money is determined based on the loyalty tier and the amount earned is based on membership status at the conclusion of the eligible booking. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to change the earn rate of loyalty tiers at any time.
'Eligible bookings' are all Mr & Mrs Smith collection bookings only. Loyalty money can not be earned on gift cards or membership subscriptions. Loyalty money is not earned when booking a non-Mr & Mrs Smith hotel or via a partnership booking.
Eligible bookings are all excluding local taxes and fees:
- Hotel properties
- Hotel villas
Loyalty money is not earned on the amount redeemed in a booking. When a hotel stay has been part-paid using loyalty money, further rewards will only be accrued on the portion that has been paid for in cash or by debit/credit card. For completeness: If your booking was for £100 and you redeemed £80 of loyalty money against that booking, you would only earn loyalty on the remaining £20
Loyalty money earned will appear against your membership after the stay only.
Redeeming Loyalty money
Loyalty money is redeemable for 2 years after being awarded (awarded: a completed ‘stay’) and is available to be used on a ‘booking’ up until expiry. Once expired, loyalty money will not be reinstated.
Loyalty Money is only redeemable for stays at hotels in the Mr & Mrs Smith collection when booking via Mr & Mrs Smith.
Loyalty money can not be used to purchase gift cards or any other product in the gift shop.
Loyalty money is redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
Loyalty money is not redeemable directly with hotels or via a third party.
When using loyalty money to pay in whole or part-pay, the booking must be pre-paid in its entirety at the point of booking (except when the value of the loyalty money is less than the deposit amount).
Where a booking is cancelled or refunded the loyalty amount used will be refunded back to your loyalty account.
Loyalty money cannot be exchanged for cash under any circumstances.
Benefits offered as being part of the membership can only be utilised with a Mr & Mrs Smith eligible booking. This includes our concierge service, car rental, access to Members Clubs, Priority Pass and Smith Extras.
Exceptions to benefits used only with a Mr & Mrs Smith booking are our curated shopping offers (except Priority Pass), which can be used at any point, e.g. 20 per cent off offers found in the membership benefits area.
Smith extras are additional gifts or services provided at the hotel for members who've booking that hotel via Mr & Mrs Smith only.
They're offered once per stay, per room, unless otherwise specified.
Smith Extras may not be available in conjunction with hotel offers – details will be available on the individual offer.
Concierge services are only available to Goldsmith members.
Concierge services are available to assist with a Mr & Mrs Smith booking and the subsequent itinerary only.
A free annual Priority Pass membership is available to all Silversmith and Goldsmith members.
Members can only claim this benefit after making a Mr & Mrs Smith booking and can be deactivated if the booking is cancelled.
The membership is valid for 12 months from the date the code is issued and registered – not from the day of travelling.
Once registered to Priority Pass you must agree to their terms and conditions of membership.
All member benefits (shopping offers) are subject to the terms and conditions of the offer provider – individual details are available on the benefit page.
We offer Onda membership to all Goldsmith members. Terms and conditions can be found here.
All Smith members are eligible for exclusive offers upon signing in.
All offers are subject to availability.
Offer guidelines apply – individual details are available on the offer.
The purchase of membership is per annum, a minimum of 12 months.
All membership purchases exist on a rolling contract until the point of cancellation by the purchaser.
Monthly memberships will be debited from your debit/credit card (or other payment details provider) on the same day each month.
Annual memberships will be debited from your debit/credit card (or other payment details provider) on the same day each year.
Payment details will be held against the membership until the point of membership cancellation.
Notice of renewal of membership will be sent to the purchaser at least seven days before renewal. It will be sent to the purchaser's contact details provided.
Membership purchase prices can change by tier or by promotions at any point, at the discretion of Mr & Mrs Smith.
You can request to cancel your membership at any point after the initial 12 months membership has been completed by contacting us.
Members' data collection and use
Specifically within the membership program we use you data to communicate with you for the following purposes:
- Service your booking
- Service your membership
Please read these conditions carefully. By purchasing an item via mrandmrssmith.com, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website and app will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website or app may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
This website/app or any portion of this website/app may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
This section deals with conditions relating to the sale of products by Smith Global Ltd to you.
When you place an order to purchase a product from Smith Global Ltd, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us. When you make a booking, you are entering into a contract with the hotel via Smith Global Ltd, not with Smith Global Ltd itself.
All non-promotional vouchers/gift cards are purchased at their full face value in order to be valid.
Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to refuse redemption of vouchers if they believe that the vouchers have been obtained by fraudulent means.
Bookings using gift cards, e-gift cards and vouchers
- Gift cards, e-gift cards and vouchers are redeemable for stays at hotels and villas in the Mr & Mrs Smith collection when booking via Mr & Mrs Smith.
- Gift cards, e-gift cards and vouchers are not redeemable directly with hotels and villas or in any way with hotels and villas that are not part of the Smith collection.
- Hotel and villa stays paid in whole or part with a gift card, e-gift card or voucher must be pre-paid in their entirety at the point of booking, except when the value of the card, voucher or loyalty money is less than the deposit amount.
- Gift cards, e-gift cards and vouchers can be used multiple times until the value associated with the unique code reaches zero or it expires, whichever is first.
- Gift cards, e-gift cards and vouchers are valid for bookings made 24 months after purchase and are not extendable.
- Bookings must be made within this time, but stays can be taken after the expiration date.
- Gift cards, e-gift cards and vouchers are redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
- Where a refund is applicable for cancelled bookings, the amount paid with gift card or voucher money will be refunded by the same method as purchase.
- Gift cards, e-gift cards and vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Gift cards, e-gift cards and vouchers are non-refundable.
- Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right not to accept Gift cards, e-gift cards and vouchers where it is already redeemed, used fraudulently or is invalid for the booking being made.
- Lost or misplaced cards or vouchers may be replaced subject to submission of proof of purchase, and the purchaser’s confirmation of the card's/voucher's intended recipient.
A promotional voucher is an entitlement to a discount (up to the amount stated) off a qualifying booking for a promotional period.
1. Promotional vouchers cannot be used for bookings made directly with our hotels or villas.
2. A promotional code can only be used once.
3. Vouchers have a cash value of £0.001 and are not transferable or assignable and cannot be sold at auction.
4. Each voucher can only be used once and may not be used for multiple bookings on consecutive nights at the same hotel.
5. Only one voucher can be used per booking.
6. Only one voucher can be redeemed per household.
7. When using a voucher, the full balance of the booking is payable at the time the order is placed unless the voucher value is lower than the deposit due.
8. Vouchers are valid for new bookings only.
9. A minimum stay or minimum spend may be applicable in order for a voucher to be valid (see individual vouchers for details).
10. Vouchers cannot be used with any other promotion or offer.
11. Vouchers are redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
12. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to refuse redemption of vouchers if they believe that they are being used by someone other than the intended recipient.
13. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to decline to accept vouchers where, in its opinion, a voucher is invalid for the booking being made.
14. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to cancel a promotion at any time.
15. Mr & Mrs Smith shall not be liable to any customer for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of a promotional voucher or any failure or inability of a customer to use a promotional voucher for any reason.
16. We have the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
1. Contributions may only be used to pay for hotel and villa accommodation and do not cover transport, food, beverages or activities.
2. After your list has closed, the funds may be used towards an existing honeymoon booking (via a bank transfer to the value of your booking directly to your bank account). Once your hotel accommodation has been paid for, any unused funds in your list will be transferred to your Smith loyalty account to spend on future stays. This will be valid for two years.
3. If you book a hotel requiring prepayment before the list closes, the total prepaid will be refunded from your contributions once the list is closed. If your contributions are not sufficient to cover the prepayment total in full, you will receive a refund equivalent to the amount contributed to your list.
4. Bookings made before a wedding list has been closed are made under normal booking conditions and policies. Once the list has been closed, any deposits already paid will be refunded as long as there are sufficient funds available in your list.
5. If there is not a sufficient amount to cover the entire cost of your hotel accommodation, the remaining amount will be charged to you by the hotel at check-out.
6. Gift lists automatically close at midnight on the day before your wedding date. This date can be changed over the phone by contacting our in-house team of travel specialists.
7. You will be contacted by email one week before your list closes with a full breakdown of all gift list payments.
8. If you have not made a booking by the time your gift list closes, your contributions will be transferred to your Smith loyalty account to put towards future bookings. They will remain valid for two years.
9. Any contributions to gift list funds are held as loyalty money eligible to the account holder of gift list only. The contributions cannot be reimbursed as a cash alternatives or bank transfer. The gift list is non-transferable to others. Cash payments can not be reimbursed to contributors only to the gift list registered account holder.
1. Onda aims to provide MMS GoldSmith members with access to its growing selection of unique members' clubs, health clubs and work spaces.
2. GoldSmith members are granted six visits a year for each members-only club; three visits a year for each workspace; and three visits a year for each health club (subject to availability).
3. GoldSmith members are allowed to invite up to three guests on any single visit to a members club or workspace (subject to availability). No guests are allowed access to health clubs.
4. If you cancel your Smith hotel or villa booking, the accompanying member-club visit will also be cancelled
5. Bookings must be made 24 hours in advance through MMS Concierge travel team.
6. A booking is only confirmed once the MMS Concierge team has emailed a booking confirmation. We endeavour to do this within 24 hours.
7. All cancellations must be made four hours prior to the booking time. If you do not inform MMS Concierge team of a cancellation, your allocated access will be deducted and you will be charged the full $40 (£35) per guest cancellation fee.
8. For all restaurant bookings, GoldSmith members can bring up to three guests. Guests must be accompanied by a GoldSmith member.
9. In case of a table no-show, one allocated access will be deducted from your GoldSmith membership account and you will incur one $40 (£35) cancellation fee per guest.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
10. A three-month suspension is imposed on your Onda membership for any offense deemed harmful.
11. A full expulsion of your Onda membership is enforced after a second offense.
12. A full expulsion will be extended if the first offense is deemed serious enough by the committee.
13. Onda reserves the right to change or replace our list of partner clubs at any time (roster of clubs may change and the most up to date list may not be reflected on the website.)
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
14. MMS or Onda shall not be liable to the GoldSmith member, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods; or, loss of contract, or loss of use or, loss of corruption of data or information whether direct or indirect or, any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising under or in connection with their membership; and under or in connection with their membership, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise.
15. GoldSmith members acknowledge that any contract entered into with any Supplier is an independent contract. Onda hereby disclaims any and all liability for any act or omission of any Supplier or any loss incurred as a result of any act or omission of a Supplier whether or not arranged through Onda.
16. MMS or Onda shall have no liability to a GoldSmith member for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising from Requests or any instructions supplied which are incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate or arising from their late arrival or non-arrival, or any Default.
17. Onda does not operate as a concierge service for any tickets and bookings outside what we and our partners offer.
Our best-price guarantee is available per booking. To qualify for our best-price guarantee and the resulting Loyalty Money, the competitor’s rate must:
1. apply to the same hotel, dates, room type (including the same number and size of beds), number of guests and inclusions
2. be subject to the same booking and cancellation policies
3. exclude any card fees
The following do not qualify for our best-price guarantee and resulting Loyalty Money:
1. Rooms booked through unauthorised travel agents or bought through a resale site (for example, ‘Auction sites’ or ‘Mystery Hotel sites’, where the hotel is revealed after booking), or promotional rates offered through a third party
2. Specially negotiated rates such as travel agents, staff or corporate rates
3. If the lower price is obtained via a limited-time promotion, promo code, cash back, coupon, voucher or member’s discount
4. Cancelled bookings
5. Special rates as part of a package
6. Rates quoted on websites that don’t process bookings or accept payments (for example, websites that link to a third party's website)
7. Lower rates resulting from a hotel error
8. Rates that Mr & Mrs Smith is unable to verify using reasonable means
9. If the difference is less than 3% or £10 (or equivalent currency)
10.Where the rate is on Hyatt.com or Hyatt property sites
Our best-price guarantee is based on a per-booking basis (not per night). This includes bookings within a consecutive date range. Subsequently booked nights in addition to the original booking will not result in loyalty money being issued. We will only honour up to 4 Loyalty Money issued per year for each member.
We reserve the right to have 48 hours to adjust and update any hotel rates where the price is shown lower and therefore additional price matches can not be submitted within this timeframe by the same member.
We reserve the right to decline price matches if we believe they have not be submitted in good faith. (i.e the intention to book with Mr & Mrs Smith)
Loyalty amount for all currencies:
Loyalty issued for your guarantee will be awarded to use for a future booking only.
Membership is granted by signing up online via the affiliate link provided to American Express and entering the American Express card number for verification. Membership can take up to 48 hours to process.
Expiration of membership
Membership will only expire after 12 months after sign-up if no bookings have been made within the last 12 month period.
Cancellation of membership
Membership can be cancelled at any time if Mr & Mrs Smith feel that the membership is being misused or taken advantage of in any way through financial gain and not in good faith.
A digital membership card and number will be issued to each member upon registration and will be delivered via email.
1. Booking of sale offers must be from 1 November 2023 GMT to 6 November 2023 GMT.
2. Each sale offer has its own offer terms and conditions which must be accepted at time of booking.
3. Stays can be booked for any dates so long as they are within the offer terms.
4. Cancellations can be made within the cancellation period specified by the offer.
5. Amendments to the stay will forfeit offer pricing, as such, additional charges may apply.
6. Standard booking terms and conditions apply to all sale offers and must be accepted at the time of booking. They can be found here.
7. All membership tiers earn loyalty money on sale bookings.
8. Gift cards and loyalty money can be used to purchase a sale offer as per the standard redemption terms and conditions. They can be found here.
9. Offers advertised in the sale are up to 40% off, specific discounts apply to each offer.
10. Smith Global Ltd. reserves the right to make changes to our website/app, policies, and these conditions of offer at any time.
1.This code is valid for bookings of two consecutive nights or more, made between 26th October to 27th November 23:59 GMT. (subject to availability). Stay dates can be any time.
2. The code is only applicable to new bookings. This offer cannot be applied to existing bookings that have already been confirmed.
3. This code can only be booked on one member account (e.g. a couple cannot book different components under different accounts).
4. The code can only be used for non-consecutive night bookings and up to 3 times during the period
5. The code is also available in local currency. Values are set as per the exchange rate at the time of the code launch date (27 October, 2023) and will not fluctuate with exchange rates (GBP 50 / USD 65 / EUR 50 / AUD 100 / SGD 80)
6. Other local currencies available but will fluctuate based on the exchange of the day
7. Please note: All tiers will earn loyalty credit on their booking when using this code, but only on the values above and beyond the code amount
8. This code is valid for bookings on hotels, villas and packages. This offer is not valid against items purchased from the Mr & Mrs Smith gift shop.
9. If a hotel, villa or package that a member wishes to book does not have availability, this code will not be available.
10. For any cancelled bookings, the Smith Birthday Gift amount will be removed from the booking and a refund will be processed as per our Mr & Mrs Smith booking terms and conditions.
11. When using a voucher, the full balance of the booking is payable at the time the order is placed unless the voucher value is lower than the deposit due.
13. Smith Global Ltd. reserves the right to make changes to our website/app, policies, and these conditions of offer at any time.
Our company details
Smith Global Ltd is the company behind Mr & Mrs Smith.
This website is owned and operated by Smith Global Ltd.
Smith Global Ltd
Registered address: White Hart Associates (London) Limited
2nd Floor Nucleus House
2 Lower Mortlake Road
Company registration: 443 8845
Registered in the UK
VAT registration: 802 5618 50
For more information, visit our contact page.