Les Deux Tours
- Style Serene, sedate and spacious
- Setting Pools and palm groves
Situated in the city’s lush Palmeraie, Les Deux Tours in Marrakech is a stylish boutique resort of traditional-style, tartari-ceilinged villas, sitting in some of the loveliest gardens in Morocco. With a hammam, some incredibly chic bars and two top-class restaurants, it’s the sort of place you could lose days in.
Need to know
- Rooms The hotel has 37 rooms, including seven Pool Suites, one Jacuzzi Suite, four Premium Suites and 12 Junior Suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $184.41 (€135), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €2.60 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Heated outdoor pool, spa and hammam, library and free WiFi, in-room spa treatments on request. In rooms: flatscreen TV, air-conditioning, minibar with free bottled water, 100% natural Nectarome bath products.
- Poolside The odd-shaped heated pool is surrounded by lush lawns and a terrace, upon which attentive staff serve drinks, snacks and meals throughout the day. There are two other plunge pools located in different parts of the property.
- Check–out Midday, though this is flexible according to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
Children Kids of any age are welcome at Les Deux Tours, and babysitting and children’s menus are both available. Cots and extra beds can be provided at no cost for the under fives, €37 for six to eleven year olds and €55 for older children.
- Also You can lose hours in the hotel’s neverending gardens – they’re a bit like having your own park right on the doorstep. There are even a few iron four-poster beds dotted around, upon which you can recline.
- Please note There’s a minimum stay of four nights from 24–27 December and a compulsory dinner (€44 each; €32 for under-12s) on Christmas Eve. There’s a four -night minimum stay over New Year, with no departures permitted on 31 December or 1 January, and a compulsory dinner (€214 each) on New Year's Eve.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All rooms have an original feature, whether it’s a tartari ceiling, bejmat tiles, a stone fireplace or a carved ceiling, or restored antique Moroccan furnishing. We love them all but, if pushed, we’d go for the suites, which come with hand-carved wooden frescoes at the head of the bed.
- Packing tips Bring a sketchbook. There are so many beautiful patterns and Arabic designs competing for your attention that you’ll want to record them somehow.
- Also Les Deux Tours is proud of its eco credentials. It has been built with local building materials, all vegetables served in the restaurant are grown on site (with absolutely no chemical assistance) and it provides only 100 per cent natural bath and body products in its villas. Airport transfers with the hotel are €20 each way (daytime); €30 in the evening.
Food and drink at Les Deux Tours
- Hotel restaurant The hotel's chef has a way with seafood, and a commitment to locally sourced produce: highlights of the Moroccan- and Mediterranean-influenced menu include produce grown in the hotel's own garden. The hotel also has a relaxed open-air eatery by the pool serving a seasonal barbecue buffet and a light healthy lunch menu.
- Dress code Summer evening chic: floaty dresses and linen shirts.
- Top table Any diner sitting on one of the terrace tables, gazing out over the park-like gardens, will be more than happy with their position.
- Last orders Dinner can be ordered until 10.30pm, while drinks are poured in the bars right up to the point when the last guest decides to go to bed.
- Room service A full menu of food and drinks is available from 12.30pm till 11.30pm.
- Hotel bar The hotel bar is an intimate space with an open terrace overlooking the gardens.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details