Style Slick warehouse conversion
Setting Off-centre Clerkenwell
The Zetter is a hotel that’s all about cutting-edge design, with the clever and ironic contrasts and clashes of modern styles that you’d expect from an establishment embodying London’s eastside renaissance. The flamboyant pink chandelier that greets you in the lobby is a statement of intent, and the bold thinking continues throughout.
Need to know
- Rooms 59, including seven rooftop studios.
Double rooms from $259.31 (£165), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£165) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (£12.50).
- Facilities CD/DVD players, Zetter Radio, vending machines, high-speed Internet access, airport transfers and limo service; massages can be arranged.
- Check-out Midday.
- Children Are welcome; childminding service available.
- Also Hot-water bottles available (with hand-knitted covers). Pets are not allowed.
Food and drink at The Zetter
- Hotel restaurant Bruno Loubet is the eponymous, Raymond-Blanc-trained chef behind the Zetter’s new eatery, Bistrot Bruno Loubet. Expect bold and beautiful bistro flavours – upside down emmental soufflé, beef daube Provençale – and some cheeky English-French fusion food (rice pudding pannacotta with marmalade and a full-English-style breakfast).
- Dress code The area is a magnet for architects and graphic designers: opt for clean, structural lines or bold prints and dark denim.
- Top table Ask for a table by the sweeping window – there's no shortage of those.
- Last orders Food and drinks: 11pm.
- Room service 24 hours, with restaurant menu until 11pm, when a snack menu starts.
- Hotel bar Part of the Zetter restaurant, with modern decor, it serves cocktails until 11pm. There are various other nooks and crannies with brightly coloured walls, low chairs and bold artwork – perfect for a relaxed cocktail or three.
The Zetter 86-88 Clerkenwell Road, London, EC1M 5RJ
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Zetter
Home-made chocolate truffles and the Zetter's 'Conti' breakfast, including a basket of artisan breads, pastries, butter, jam, a granola bar, tea or coffee and juice
In the know
Our favourite rooms
A rooftop studio: two are extra-spacious, with large private terraces and views of Sir Norman Foster’s skyscraper, the ‘Gherkin’, and St Paul’s Cathedral.
Your dancing shoes – superclub Fabric is a stumble away. No need to pack sleeping pills, as there is a special Insomnia Menu on room service.