Style Honeymooners' paradise
Setting Carved from the caldera basin
Carved out of the caldera's basin, with astonishing views of the volcanic islands and the Aegean sea, Sun Rocks is exclusively for couples. It provides luxurious accommodation, combining Cycladic tradition with modern-day comforts. The sunsets are spellbinding. Book well in advance to stay in high season, to avoid disappointment.
Need to know
- Rooms 17.
Double rooms from $490.71 (€369), excluding tax at 8 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€369) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include a champagne breakfast.
- Facilities Massage studio. In rooms: TV, CD player, minibar.
- Poolside There's a cliffside swimming pool overlooking the caldera (there are only five sun bed: get to the pool early to stake a claim). At the Pool Bar, you can have breakfast with a view, and cocktails throughout the day.
- Check-out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Definitely a couples-only environment.
- Also The hotel can organise sunset wine-tastings. Wedding co-ordinator available. No pets allowed.
- Hotel closed November to March inclusive.
Food and drink at Sun Rocks
- Hotel restaurant Elea Fine Dining Restaurant serves elegant Mediterranean cuisine at just four tables – two inside and two out. The Faos Poolside Restaurant serves international delicacies for lunch and dinner.
- Dress code Elegant in the evening.
- Top table Outside, for the view.
- Last orders Last orders poolside are at 11.30pm; in Elea, 10.30pm.
- Room service 24 hours.
- Hotel bar The pool bar serves cocktails all day until 11.30pm. There are regular sunset tastings of native Santorini wines.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Sun Rocks Firostefani, Santorini, Santorini, Cyclades, Greece, 84700
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Sun Rocks
A bottle of champagne on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Experience rooms are brand-new, and completely different from the rest: modern and open-plan, with wooden floors and sunken Jacuzzis by view-friendly windows. The VIP suites are more traditionally romantic, and spacious, with four-poster beds.
Gusty evenings aren't unheard off, so bring a wrap to keep off the chill.