Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
Style Perfect pueblo
Setting Fragrant lavender fields
A postcard for Albuquerque’s scenic side, Los Poblanos hotel is a fantasy farmstay set on 25 acres of lavender fields, cottonwood trees and gardens, just off the Rio Grande and below the Sandia Mountains. Designed by one of New Mexico’s most gifted architects, the 1930s-era lodges have pitched tin roofs, fireplaces and patios – perfect for gazing out over the purple-flecked ranchlands.
Need to know
- Rooms 22, including seven suites.
Double rooms from $165.00, excluding tax at 7.06 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($165) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include full farm breakfast.
- Facilities Gardens, gym; free WiFi throughout. Bikes are free to borrow. In rooms: flatscreen TV, Tivoli alarm clock, minibar, the farm’s own lavender bath products.
- Poolside The heated outdoor saltwater pool is surrounded by loungers, and gated to keep little ones safe.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 4pm, though guests arriving earlier are welcome to use the bikes, pool and gym.
- Children All ages are welcome, and most will enjoy visiting the farm, milking goats and roaming the ranch. Children under 12 can stay for free; over-12s are charged $25 a night. The hotel offers free pack ’n’ plays, and many rooms have a sleeper sofa.
- Also Farm 4 Guestroom is a wheelchair-accessible room with a roll-in shower and courtyard patio. Smoking is only allowed by the willow tree near the pond.
Food and drink at Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
La Merienda looks and tastes the part of a New Mexican farmhouse. Open only to inn guests (exceptions are made by arrangement), the restaurant serves farm-fresh breakfasts and dinners featuring home-grown produce. At breakfast, eggs benedict uses local ham and sautéed farm vegetables. At dinner, ‘Hen & Egg’ is a specialty, topping chilli-chicken patty with a poached egg. There are also plenty of good options for veggies.
- Dress code Ladies should don their chunkiest turquoise and a sundress for alfresco dinner. Gentlemen are fine in plaid shirts. Nearly anything goes at breakfast, and many diners are dressed for outdoor adventures.
- Top table Nab a seat on the patio to enjoy the lavender-scented air and occasional glimpses of the peacock perched in his tree.
- Last orders The restaurant is open Wednesday to Saturday. Breakfast is served from 8 to 10am, and dinner is available from 5 to 9pm.
- Room service None.
There is no separate bar, but the restaurant pours New Mexican wine and mixes interesting seasonal cocktails.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm 4803 Rio Grande Boulevard NW, Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico 87107
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
Half a bottle of wine and chocolates on arrival
Current offers at Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
Offers at Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The rooms have beamed ceilings, authentic New Mexican art and wood-burning fireplaces for those cold desert nights. Greely 2 Suite has the prettiest tiled bathroom, an especially secluded private patio and views of the garden, designed by landscape architect Rose Greely.
Since things start quite early on a farm, the hotel thoughtfully provides earplugs, lest strutting peacock calls rouse light sleepers. Bring wellingtons if you want to explore – farmyard terrain makes short work of ruining heels.
Pick up new skills at cooking classes or assorted weekly workshops, including aromatherapy lessons using the home-grown lavender, classes on raising barnyard animals, and gardening tips. The Farm Shop stocks an impressive selection of soaps, oils and salves, all made on the premises.