Style Modern Italian Gothic
Setting Beyond the Bridge of Sighs
This intimate Venetian boutique hotel offers plush and private living in the heart of the island city. Little sister to DD724, its individually designed rooms blend comfort with impeccably executed contemporary tastes. Sprinkled with modern art, photography and sculpture, and flavoured with architectural hints of its Gothic past, I Qs does ‘urban hideaway’ with style-savvy panache.
Need to know
- Rooms Four apartment-style rooms (one double studio, and three suites).
Double rooms from $472.52 (€354), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€354) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Private pier; library of books, music and films to borrow; free WiFi throughout; laundry. In rooms: fully equipped kitchen, computer, flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, Nespresso machine, La Bottega dell’Albergo fig essence toiletries.
- Check-out 11am, although this may be flexible; earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children If you’d like to bring the nippers, cots and extra beds are available for €80 and the suites have sofa beds. Babysitting with staff can be arranged in advance, at €20 an hour.
- Also Small pets are welcome. I Qs can arrange helicopter trips over Venice and water taxis to take you around the city from the hotel’s private pier. In-room massages can also be arranged on request.
Food and drink at I Qs
This is more like staying in a serviced apartment than a hotel: every room is equipped with a kitchen containing an oven and all the pots, pans and plates needed to whip up a meal. If you don’t ‘do’ cooking on holiday, the area around the hotel is blessed with plenty of eating-out options
- Dress code Clean-cut Armani with a touch of Venetian exoticism.
- Top table There are no communal areas – stick to your apartment’s dining table and listen to the water lapping outside.
- Room service Staff bring milk, croissants and bread to your room every morning, and you can have groceries delivered.
There’s isn’t one in the hotel, but you can stash drinks in the fridge in your room, and staff will bring ice if you ask. Ask the concierge to point you towards the nicest nearest watering holes.
I Qs Campiello Querini Stampalia, Castello 4425, Venice, 30122
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at I Qs
Tickets for two to a local exhibition or gallery, such as the Palazzo Grassi
Offers at I Qs
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Each apartment has been designed in a different modern style, but all preserve a twinkle of their Gothic architecture. Larger suites Q3 and Q4 overlook the canal: Q4’s seven windows and fireplace make it the lighter of the two, but we like the tatami flooring in Q3 – a thoughtful Oriental touch that dovetails nicely with the bright white hues and high-gloss Corian bathroom. Q1, the studio, can be annexed to Q2 to form a bigger two-bedroom suite.
A map of Venice’s quirky, labyrinthine streets, otherwise you may never make it back to the hotel. (Make sure you leave behind all memories of Don’t Look Now.)
I Qs can arrange breathtaking helicopter trips over Venice and water taxis to take you around the city from its private pier.