Hotel Fazenda da Lagoa
Style Eco cabañas
Setting Amazing Amazon lagoon
Separated from civilization by a sweep of meandering lagoon, this Bahia coast beach hotel is all about hammock snoozes, rainforest wanders and shore-side shenanigans. Its 14 spacious cabanas are surrounded by lush jungle, and are adorned with a smart mix of bright white and bold colours by the style-sensitive owner. Hotel Fazenda de Lagoa is practically the definition of beach-shack chic.
Need to know
- Rooms 14 cabañas.
Double rooms from $539.80 (BRL1,100), excluding tax at 12 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (BRL1,100) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast and airport transfers.
- Facilities Spa, sauna, library, DVD selection, Free WiFi in the main building. In cabanas: flatscreen TV, DVD player, minibar, hammock, indoor and outdoor showers, biodegradable Casa Granado toiletries.
- Poolside Fazenda de Lagoa’s saltwater pool consists of two slim 25-metre strips forming a L-shape lined with wooden loungers and a thatch-roofed cabana bar.
- Check-out Midday, although later check-out may be available on request. Check-in, 2pm.
- Children Over-eights are welcome; under-eights by arrangement. Baby cots can be provided, and one extra bed ($50 a night) can be fitted in each room with notice. There’s a lifeguard on duty by the pool from 8am until 3pm.
- Also The area behind Fazenda de Lagoa used to be cattle-grazing ground, but the owners have replanted the land and restored it to its jungly Amazonian glory.
Food and drink at Hotel Fazenda da Lagoa
- Hotel restaurant Local produce is used to create a combination of Brazilian classics and international dishes, served in the main canopied restaurant for dinner and at the poolside snack shack for lunch. Feijoada (meat and black bean stew) and Moquecas (fish in coconut milk) are highlights.
- Dress code Floaty, footloose and fancy-free.
- Top table For an intimate dinner à deux, have food brought to the deck outside your room, otherwise, pick a spot on the restaurant terrace and have staff set you up a table.
- Last orders Meal times are late and leisurely with lunch lingering on till 4pm and dinner served between 8pm and midnight. Drinks are available until the last guest leaves.
- Room service The hotel’s staff are happy to bring meals and snacks to your cabaña at any time. You can show you’d like breakfast brought to you by hoisting a flag.
- Hotel bar Drinks are served either by the pool or at the main house, but you can sup cocktails anywhere you like on the Fazenda, whether lounging by the beach or sinking into a sofa.
Hotel Fazenda da Lagoa Interstate BA001 - Una - Ilhéus, Km 18 - P.O. Box 24, Bahia
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hotel Fazenda da Lagoa
A massage treatment each
Current offers at Hotel Fazenda da Lagoa
Offers at Hotel Fazenda da Lagoa
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The hotels’ wooden bungalows are almost identical in size and decor, the only difference is in proximity to the sea and the level of privacy offered. Each is brightly decorated, with reed mats and tall, white American-style shutters, and most rooms boast huge muslin-draped beds. The four Cabana 1s are closer to the beach (although you can’t see the sea too well owing to the curtain of wild foliage outside), and set a little further apart, so if you’re prepared to pay a little extra for added rainforest seclusion, these are the ones to plump for. The Cabana 3s at the rear of the resort are adjoining, and thus ideal for friends and families, less so for bed-bound lovers.
A torch will come in handy for navigating the resort after nightfall; shady hats and natty shades will help fight off the midday glare.
The hotel organises eco-tours of the neighbouring rainforest, including canopy walks, lakeside treks and horse riding. Fazenda de Lagoa’s spa offers massages, steam baths, rainforest mud masks, and waxing.