Style Club tropicana
Setting Sultry Station 8
This Starck-styled boutique hotel sits on the sexiest stretch of Rio de Janeiro. Fasano Rio is brought to you by a hospitality family who’ve been in the restaurant and hotel game for more than 100 years. With a glass exterior, a white marble pool on the roof, and a section of private beach, it’s all about the glitz and glam of the supermodel's seafront.
Need to know
- Rooms 89, including 10 suites.
Double rooms from $770.00, excluding tax at 5 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of $6.00 per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($770) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include a 15-minute welcome massage, personal trainer and use of the rooftop pool, but exclude breakfast (R$58 each).
- Facilities Spa, gardens, gym and WiFi (R$50 a day). In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock, free bottled water and Affinity bath products.
- Poolside There’s a heated marble infinity pool on the roof overlooking Ipanema Beach.
- Check-out 12pm. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Extra beds and cots can be added to Deluxe rooms, Suites and Deluxe Suites, free. There’s a lifeguard at the pool from 9am until 8pm. Babysitting can be arranged with 24 hours’ notice. Toys and DVDs can be borrowed, and cookies and milk are provided
- Also Small pets are allowed, as is smoking (in bedrooms only). Two bedrooms have wheelchair access.
Food and drink at Fasano Rio
- Hotel restaurant Al Mare restaurant is named after the sea; look out for Italian-inspired seafood suppers, such as seared tuna with baked endive and a fish-based lasagne. Expect great things from this restaurant superpower (Vittorio Fasano opened the first outpost in São Paulo in 1902).
- Dress code Skimpy supermodel chic – this is the land of Alessandra Ambrosios and Giseles (don’t let that put you off your three courses).
- Top table For privacy, one of the spread-out tables with deep wooden seats and big white cushions on the terrace. For people-watching, ask for a table inside, close to the window for a full view of the restaurant.
- Last orders Breakfast starts at 6.30am and is available until 10.30am; lunch is 12pm–3.30pm; dinner is from 7pm until the last guest is ready to leave.
- Room service Breakfast and an abridged version of the menu is on offer 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar Baretto Londra is named after the owner’s favourite city (London, if you’re still guessing). It’s small and intimate, with leather chairs, aged Argentine red brick, low-lighting and Union Flags. The cocktails aren’t bad, either – try the yellow-fruits caipirinha.
Fasano Rio Av. Viera Souto 80, Rio De Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, 22420 000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Fasano Rio
Bottle of champagne, early check-in and late check-out if there's availability
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For lots of space and a view, opt for a Deluxe, where ocean visions and Sergio Rodrigues wooden chairs are offered out on the prime balcony spots. The street can be noisy, so for peace and quiet, ask for a room higher up. And if a leather-upholstered day-bed strikes your fancy, you’ll need a Suite.
A bikini for every day of your stay, but don’t bother with flip flops – the hotel will give you a pair for free.
There’s a spa specialising in jet-lag-relieving treatments, as well as a Vichy shower room up on the roof.