Style Minimalist bayside beauty
Setting Palm-shaded strip of Islamorada
A calming, minimalist antidote to the kitsch of the Keys, bayside boutique hotel Casa Morada sits serene in a pocket of lush tropicalia: poolside palms hung with hammocks, a kaleidoscope of Floridian fauna, and the balmy waters of the Gulf of Mexico just a saunter from your suite.
Need to know
- Rooms 16 suites.
Double rooms from $199.00, excluding tax at 12.5 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($199) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast, minibar snacks, water, yoga classes and use of bikes, kayaks and paddle boards.
- Facilities CD/DVD library, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, Malin & Goetz toiletries.
- Poolside Set apart from the hotel by a footbridge, the heated freshwater pool is carved into a small sandy island in the bay, alongside a snack cabana, gazebo and hammocks.
- Check-out 11am, but can by pushed to 1pm with advance notice. Earliest check- in, 3pm, though guests are welcome to arrive early and use the pool.
- Children Leave them at home: Casa Morada only accepts young adults 16 and older.
- Also Dogs are welcome, with a non-refundable $35 deposit is required. The hotel can provide dog beds, bowls, treats and a list of pet-friendly restaurants.
Food and drink at Casa Morada
There is no dedicated restaurant, so guests should make plans to explore Islamorada each night for dinner. By day, the open-air café is simply decorated, with native flowers and orchids on some tables. Breakfast, which is served at the Seaview Terrace, includes fruit, cereal, granola, pastries and egg sandwiches; lunch at the Gazebo is salad, cheese plates, soup and panini.
- Dress code You’re dining poolside, so anything goes. Cover up the swimsuits with a kaftan to shield your skin from the high noon sun.
- Top table There are no bad views here, but the tables nearest to the water get the best breezes.
- Last orders Snacks are generally available at the Gazebo until sunset.
- Room service Continental breakfast can be delivered from 7am until 11am daily. After that, panini, salads and light bites can be brought to you until 9pm.
The hotel has a small bar that serves wine, beer, sake and champagne; drinks are also served poolside.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Casa Morada 136 Madeira Road, Islamorada, Florida 33036
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Casa Morada
Cocktails or glasses of champagne upon arrival.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Every suite is simply decorated with Mexican antiques, but only Sea View Suites have picture-perfect views of the bay, and a private terrace that is perfect for watching the spectacular sunsets. Opt for the Iguana, the largest suite, which overlooks the bay and includes a private outdoor deck and a Jacuzzi. The Manatee also overlooks the Florida Bay, and has an especially large tub with a rain showerhead in the bathroom.
Bring a waterproof camera to snap the manatees as they float by. And fret not about forgetting sunscreen and bug spray: the hotel has a small supply for sale by reception.
Get the ball rolling with a game of bocce on the hotel’s court. There is also free yoga offered weekend mornings at 8:30am on the island.