- Style Honeymooners' paradise
- Setting Carved from the caldera basin
Carved out of the caldera's basin, with astonishing views of the volcanic islands and the Aegean sea, Sun Rocks is exclusively for couples. It provides luxurious accommodation, combining Cycladic tradition with modern-day comforts. The sunsets are spellbinding. Book well in advance to stay in high season, to avoid disappointment.
Need to know
- Rooms 17.
- Rates Double rooms from $176.39 (€129), excluding tax at 8 per cent.
- More details Rates include a champagne breakfast.
- Facilities Massage studio. In rooms: TV, CD player, minibar.
- Poolside There's a cliffside swimming pool overlooking the caldera (there are only five sun bed: get to the pool early to stake a claim). At the Pool Bar, you can have breakfast with a view, and cocktails throughout the day.
- Check–out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
Children Definitely a couples-only environment.
- Hotel closed November to March inclusive.
- Also The hotel can organise sunset wine-tastings. Wedding co-ordinator available. No pets allowed.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Experience rooms are brand-new, and completely different from the rest: modern and open-plan, with wooden floors and sunken Jacuzzis by view-friendly windows. The VIP suites are more traditionally romantic, and spacious, with four-poster beds.
- Packing tips Gusty evenings aren't unheard off, so bring a wrap to keep off the chill.
Food and drink at Sun Rocks
- Hotel restaurant Elea Fine Dining Restaurant serves elegant Mediterranean cuisine at just four tables – two inside and two out. The Faos Poolside Restaurant serves international delicacies for lunch and dinner.
- Dress code Elegant in the evening.
- Top table Outside, for the view.
- Last orders Last orders poolside are at 11.30pm; in Elea, 10.30pm.
- Room service 24 hours.
- Hotel bar The pool bar serves cocktails all day until 11.30pm. There are regular sunset tastings of native Santorini wines.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details