Oazia Spa Villas
- Style Bali meets Ibiza
- Setting Canggu riverside sanctuary
Tropical-modern oasis Oazia Spa Villas boutique hotel in Canggu will pamper you with three super-stylish, exclusive-hire villas, inspired dining and Bali's only Watsu pool at its holistic spa. Chilled-out abodes embrace the outdoors, with inviting pools and light white-and-wood interiors, smartly curated by Russian owner Veronika Blomgren. The vodka bar picks up on the Russian theme, but the creative activities are all about Indonesia.
Need to know
- Rooms Seven suites, divided between three exclusive-villas (one-bedroom Villa Orchid, two-bed Villa Aqua and four-bed Villa White).
- Rates Double rooms from $350.00, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast, airport transfers and free local phone calls.
- Facilities Spa, concierge, DVD library, boutique. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, preloaded iPod, free WiFi, minibar, kitchenette, private pool and space for spa treatments.
- Poolside Each of the three private villas has its own dreamy saltwater pool, flanked by generous decking topped with white-upholstered sunloungers, day-beds, potted plants and frangipani trees. Living and dining areas open onto the poolside terrace, so you're only a hop away from a cool drink or snack.
- Check–out Check-out, 12 noon. Subject to availability and prior notification, late check-outs until 6pm will be charged 50 per cent of the room rate; after 6pm, a full extra night's charge applies. Check-in, 2pm.
Children Welcome: there are free baby cots and extra beds for children aged 11 or under; for older kids it's US$70 a child a night (maximum one child in each villa). Babysitting is available after 5pm for US$5 an hour, and kids are welcome in the restaurant.
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day (Day of Silence), although stays are still possible. Bali’s airport also closes for the day.
- Eco‐friendly Oazia's spa and dining have a holistic focus, with healthy, seasonal food on offer. The hotel is also committed to recycling, composting and green cleaning products, using solar batteries for some power needs and recycled timber as a design feature. The team are active in keeping the local river clean.
- Also Pets are permitted.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All three villas are seductively stylish, but honeymooners (or die-hard romantics) will love intimate one-bedroom Oazia Orchid, set in an old heritage joglo house, with a four-poster bed and a roof-terrace gazebo with rice-paddy views. Like the other pool villas, it's secluded in its own tropical garden, with fragrant orchids enticing you to wine and dine outdoors. If you're travelling with a troupe, opt for two-bedroom Oazia Aqua or four-bed Oazia White.
- Packing tips Sybarites should bring the three Ss: sunglasses, swimwear and suncream. If you're pooled out, the beaches of Canggu and Seminyak are a short drive away. If you want to get active, pack kit for yoga, cycling or walking; shoppers should stow away extra totes.
- Also Oazia Spa is a health-boosting, holistic affair, with Bali's only Watsu pool for water-based therapies as well as treatments timed around the lunar cycles. Go for a Balinese Herbal or Four-hands Massage, or a centring Balinese Shamanic Healing massage. Yoga, meditation, lifestyle consultations, reiki and couples' and men's spa experiences are also sure to chill you out.
Food and drink at Oazia Spa Villas
- Hotel restaurant Though its tempting to dine in the privacy of your villa or out by your serene pool, main restaurant Oazia Spavodka Bar and Kitchen is worth wandering to. Choose between comfy sofas or chairs for outdoor dining, backdropped by original decor touches including old Fedora hats and crystal glasses suspended from the ceiling, and graffiti-esque quotes on the walls about life and love.
- Dress code Glam up for dinner or drinks at Spavodka: floaty dresses and strappy heels for girls; white linen with minimal leather sandals for guys. For in-villa dining, anything goes.
- Top table Your villa garden. Tables at the back of the restaurant are quiet for romantic dates, or sit near the bar for conversations over cocktails. Groups should bag the sociable large tables near the stage, ideal for enjoying the live music.
- Last orders The restaurant opens from Wednesday to Sunday, 7pm until midnight, as does the bar, with last orders at 11pm. On other days, in-villa dining is the go.
- Room service Available from 7am to 10pm, offering the full restaurant menu when it's open, and a dedicated villa menu at other times. Breakfast is served in your villa.
- Hotel bar True to the hotel's Russian roots, vodka is the house speciality of Spavodka Bar, with a jaw-dropping selection and innovative infusions whipped up by the too-cool staff (there's wine and other liquors as well). Smith loved the antique Russian glassware, which belonged to the owner's grandmother. Expect entertainment, too, with live flamenco guitar on Wednesdays, a jazz, soul and blues band on Fridays and a vocalist accompanying Saturday dinners, followed by a moody DJ set. The usual bar soundtrack blends lounge music, hip-hop and house to happy effect.