St Martin, Saint Martin
Style Neutral and natural
Setting Breezy Baie Longue beach
La Samanna hotel in St Martin is a tropical paradise of sandy beaches, breezy suites and walkways line with banana plants, hibiscus and bougainvillea. Set on a cliff above Baie Longue, the hotel nears perfection with top restaurants, a renowned wine cellar and a hilltop spa with Caribbean Sea views.
Need to know
- Rooms 83, including 57 suites.
Double rooms from $445.00, excluding tax at 15 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($445) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (from $35), but include non-motorised watersports.
- Facilities Spa with eight treatment cabins; gardens; DVD library; tennis court; gym. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, iPod dock, mini fridge, WiFi.
- Poolside There are two. The main pool, set by Interlude restaurant, has wrought-iron deck furniture, drinks service and lit fountains at night. The infinity pool by the Beach Bar is set against a backdrop of rocks and agave plants, with drinks service.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible, subject to availability and a half-day rate. Earliest check-in, 4pm.
- Children Welcome. Teenagers will best be able to appreciate the snorkelling and water sports. The hotel has free baby cots and rollaway beds. Babysitting is available for $25 per hour, with a three-hour minimum, and there is a kids’ programme. More...
- Also Dogs under 25 pounds are welcome for a $150 fee. Smoking is permitted only in designated public areas.
- Hotel closed September 1 through November 1.
Food and drink at La Samanna
There are three. The more formal Trellis has a terrace, as well as a chic dining room with dark-wood tables and mirrors set to reflect the sea and sunset. The restaurant serves what it calls ‘contemporary island dining’ with French influences that show up in dishes like steak tartare, escargots and baked heirloom tomatoes. The more casual Interlude serves al fresco breakfast and dinner on a patio overlooking the sea and the swimming pool. The menu features local seafood, including snapper and grilled lobster. The casual Beach Bar serves lunch salads and light fare a few steps from the water.
- Dress code Billowing maxi dresses, linen pants and sandals will work well at both dinner spots. By day, beachware is fine.
- Top table Nab a spot on the terrace, which overlooks the lit beach. Tables by the pool will get a glimpse of the elegant fountains that spout at night.
- Last orders Trellis and Interlude serve dinner from 6.30pm until 9.45pm. Interlude serves breakfast from 7.30am until 10.30am. Beach Bar serves lunch from noon to 4pm, but is open with snacks and drinks until 9pm.
- Room service A room service menu is available 24 hours a day with options including sandwiches, pastas, burgers and sushi.
Baie Longue Bar, opposite the reception desk, is an intimate space with an extensive cocktail menu – including special rum drinks – served all day. By the water, Beach Bar serves tropical daiquiris and rum punches, including the national cocktail of rum and guava. La Cave is a dimly lit European-style wine bar that is ideal for hosting a cocktail reception or hiding from hot sun.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
La Samanna PO Box 4077, Saint Martin, French West Indies, 97064
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at La Samanna
A bottle of wine and a chef's basket
In the know
Our favourite rooms
One Bedroom Beachfront Suites, set beyond the Beach Bar, have the most direct access to the sea, with coral and ink-blue fabrics that mirror the shore views. Beach Rooms in the main building are particularly spacious, with excellent views. If you book there, be sure to request a room that has been renovated.
The hotel boutique stocks swimsuits, cover-ups and sunblock galore, so feel free to pack light. Apart from dinner attire for Trellis, you’ll need little more than your swimsuit.
La Samanna Spa, set up on the hill is an immaculately tranquil space with treatment cabins surrounding a manicured courtyard. There are eight cabins, including five with outdoor space. Treatments ¬– which use luxurious European brands like Sisley and Ferme de Marie – include massages, facials and the cooling Sunburn Rescue. The hotel offers free yoga classes by the Beach Bar two days a week, with private classes or Pilates sessions available by appointment.