This legal statement contains information on the following:
2. Booking terms and conditions
3. Conditions of purchase
4. Delivery and returns policy
5. Smith membership terms and conditions
6. Gift card/e-voucher/loyalty money terms and conditions
7. Gift lists
8. Spanish villas and rental properties
9. Double-loyalty promotion terms
10. Smith Wedding Gift terms
11. The World's Sexiest Bedrooms book voucher terms
12. Onda terms and conditions
13. Best-price guarantee terms
14. Horizn Studios x Mr & Mrs Smith terms and conditions
15. Membership via American Express terms and conditions
16. Smith Family offer
17. A night off for NHS and care home workers with Mr & Mrs Smith
Last updated: 4 December, 2019
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Policy.
What does Mr & Mrs Smith do?
Mr & Mrs Smith is a luxury hotel-booking website, headquartered in the United Kingdom. Our service enables adventurers to book global luxurious hotels from the comfort of your computer.
For more information about Mr & Mrs Smith, please click here.
What personal data does Mr & Mrs Smith collect and why?
The personal data that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Personal data that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our website may ask you to provide personal data voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us or to set up membership with us. We may ask you to provide your credit card information to facilitate a hotel booking and setup automatic induction to Blacksmith membership. In limited circumstances, we may also collect your health data, which are considered special categories of data under GDPR. For example, you may provide us with details of a disability so that we can arrange for appropriate access within your booking location. The personal data that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide it.
- Personal data that we collect automatically
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information, for example, data we collect for fraud prevention. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our website, where they come from, and what content on our website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our website to our visitors.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal data about you from third party sources (including Experian, Facebook, Google and Mosaic), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include profiling, address and interests data and we use the information we receive from these third parties to personalise our services, maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you.
Use of your personal data
We will use personal data for a number of purposes, including:
- Servicing your account and bookings
- completing travel bookings (this includes sharing your booking information with other parties to fulfil your booking).
- advising you of any changes to or problems with a hotel booking.
- to help us administer accounts, services and products which we offer.
- to help detect fraud.
- to send you marketing communications.
- to advise you of information about our services and products or offers from our hotels.
- to inform you if you have won any competition or prize giveaway.
- The Internet
If you communicate with us via the internet then we may occasionally use email to contact you about our services and products. When you first provide personal information to our website or app, we will normally give you the opportunity to indicate whether you would prefer us not to contact you in this way. However, you can always send us an email at any time to change your preferences.
- Investor communications
If you are an investor in Mr & Mrs Smith, we will email you with company updates, investor notices and other information relating to your investment. Opting-out of marketing communications will not prevent you from receiving these communications. These communications are part of our business as usual approach. They form part of our agreement with you as an investor and are not considered marketing communications.
Your data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct or update of your personal data, you can do so at any time by visiting your profile or writing to us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Policy under 'contact us' .
- You can delete your personal data by clicking here to request its removal.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this page.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you or you can unsubscribe or amend your preferences here.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our website or processing payments - our payments processor is Stripe), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Policy or notified to you when we collect your personal data.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Policy;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal data (EEA visitors only)
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only (i) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you or may otherwise need the personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal data).
If we collect and use your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Protection of your personal data
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect personal data. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal data and includes following certain procedures in order to ensure compliance with the GDPR: the use of encryption, password compliance, firewall and penetration testing, breach handling, employee training and security, and much more.
International data transfers
Your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our website servers are located in London, Ireland, and our group affiliate is located in the USA. We also use third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal data we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Policy.
We retain personal data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, administer your Mr & Mrs Smith or Blacksmith membership, or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you would like any more information, or if you’d like to contact us about this Policy then please write to:
London W14 0DA
Or email [email protected]
Other means of contacting us can be found here
We may amend this Policy from time to time, in which case the amended version will be published on our website. This Policy applies to personal information held about individuals. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations. You can see when this Policy was last updated by checking the “last updated” date.
This website and our app may contain links to other websites. Such links are provided solely for your convenience. Smith Global Ltd is not responsible for the security practices of such websites.
Please read these conditions carefully. By purchasing an item via mrandmrssmith.com, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website and app will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website or app may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
This website/app or any portion of this website/app may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
This section deals with conditions relating to the sale of products by Smith Global Ltd to you.
When you place an order to purchase a product from Smith Global Ltd, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us. When you make a booking, you are entering into a contract with the hotel via Smith Global Ltd, not with Smith Global Ltd itself.
Delivery charges, gift wrapping and other services
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is defective, we will be happy to refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and your costs in returning it to us. Where you are withdrawing from your purchase within the seven working days cooling-off period, we will also refund the normal postage charge for the delivery of that item but we cannot refund any priority, express or courier component of the postage charge. You will be responsible for those charges and the costs of any other services provided to you in connection with your purchase, for example gift wrapping.
When ordering goods from Smith Global Ltd for delivery overseas you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from Smith Global Ltd, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Your privacy is important to us and we know that you care about how information about your order is used and shared. We would like our international customers and customers dispatching products internationally to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
Please review our returns policy, which applies to products purchased from us. You are entitled to a statutory cooling-off period of seven business days. This applies to items purchased from Smith Global Ltd. Specific rules apply regarding refunds of delivery charges, gift wrapping and other services: see above.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
How to return an item
Please follow the steps below to enable us to process your refund efficiently:
• Fill out your details on the back of the delivery slip, giving the reason for the return. Please include your order number
• If you do not have the original delivery slip, please send us a note detailing the reason for return. This note MUST include your order number, which you will be able to find in the confirmation email sent to you directly after purchase.
• In the case of a faulty product, please provide a full description of the fault in the space provided on the delivery slip
• Wrap the item securely in its original packaging (if any)
• Then send the package to the address below:
Smith Global Ltd (Returns Department)
Unit 3.2 (3rd Floor)
We will notify you via email when we have processed your refund. For your protection we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service.
Agreeing to the booking terms and conditions also means you agree to these membership terms and conditions.
- ‘Booking’, ‘Booked’: a confirmed booking (via any of Mr & Mrs Smith's booking channels) that has stay dates for a point in time in the future
- ‘Stay’, ‘Stayed’: a booking whereby the stay has concluded. The status is now set to 'stay' due to the dates being past and the booking having been honoured
Membership is granted to all customers via:
- Signing up online
- Making a booking
- Making a booking enquiry
- Entering a competition
- Making a purchase from the gift shop
- By registering a gift card
- Requesting a brochure
- Participation in a gift list
You can access your loyalty account via the membership area online and this requires a log-in and password. If you do not have a password set-up you must request a new one.
There are currently three tiers of membership and each tier can either be purchased or awarded based on eligible bookings. ‘Awarded’ membership is at the sole discretion of Mr & Mrs Smith Ltd. ‘Purchased Membership’ can be purchased via Mr & Mrs Smith channels at any time.
The membership tiers are:
Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to discontinue or modify the membership tiers and/or these terms and conditions at any time.
Earning Loyalty money
Loyalty money is earned by Silversmith and Goldsmith members only.
Loyalty money can be earned on all hotel stays booked via Mr & Mrs Smith and is not applicable to partner bookings or on any bookings made directly with hotels.
The earn rate of loyalty money is determined based on the loyalty tier and the amount earned is based on membership status at the conclusion of the eligible booking. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to change the earn rate of loyalty tiers at any time.
'Eligible bookings' are all Mr & Mrs Smith collection bookings only. Loyalty money can not be earned on gift cards or membership subscriptions. Loyalty money is not earned when booking a non-Mr & Mrs Smith hotel or via a partnership booking.
Eligible bookings are all excluding local taxes and fees:
- Hotel properties
- Hotel villas
Loyalty money is not earned on the amount redeemed in a booking. When a hotel stay has been part-paid using loyalty money, further rewards will only be accrued on the portion that has been paid for in cash or by debit/credit card. For completeness: If your booking was for £100 and you redeemed £80 of loyalty money against that booking, you would only earn loyalty on the remaining £20
Loyalty money earned will appear against your membership after the stay only.
Redeeming Loyalty money
Loyalty money is redeemable for 2 years after being awarded (awarded: a completed ‘stay’) and is available to be used on a ‘booking’ up until expiry. Once expired, loyalty money will not be reinstated.
Loyalty Money is only redeemable for stays at hotels in the Mr & Mrs Smith collection when booking via Mr & Mrs Smith.
Loyalty money can not be used to purchase gift cards or any other product in the gift shop.
Loyalty money is redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
Loyalty money is not redeemable directly with hotels or via a third party.
When using loyalty money to pay in whole or part-pay, the booking must be pre-paid in its entirety at the point of booking (except when the value of the loyalty money is less than the deposit amount).
Where a booking is cancelled or refunded the loyalty amount used will be refunded back to your loyalty account.
Loyalty money cannot be exchanged for cash under any circumstances.
Benefits offered as being part of the membership can only be utilised with a Mr & Mrs Smith eligible booking. This includes our concierge service, access to Members Clubs, Priority Pass and Smith Extras.
Exceptions to benefits used only with a Mr & Mrs Smith booking are our curated shopping offers (except Priority Pass), which can be used at any point, e.g. 20 per cent off offers found in the membership benefits area.
Smith extras are additional gifts or services provided at the hotel for members who've booking that hotel via Mr & Mrs Smith only.
They're offered once per stay, per room, unless otherwise specified.
Smith Extras may not be available in conjunction with hotel offers – details will be available on the individual offer.
Concierge services are only available to Goldsmith members.
Concierge services are available to assist with a Mr & Mrs Smith booking and the subsequent itinerary only.
A free annual Priority Pass membership is available to all Silversmith and Goldsmith members.
Members can only claim this benefit after making a Mr & Mrs Smith booking.
The membership is valid for 12 months from the date the code is issued and registered – not from the day of travelling.
Once registered to Priority Pass you must agree to their terms and conditions of membership.
All member benefits (shopping offers) are subject to the terms and conditions of the offer provider – individual details are available on the benefit page.
We offer Onda membership to all Goldsmith members. Terms and conditions can be found here.
All Smith members are eligible for exclusive offers upon signing in.
All offers are subject to availability.
Offer guidelines apply – individual details are available on the offer.
The purchase of membership is per annum, a minimum of 12 months.
All membership purchases exist on a rolling contract until the point of cancellation by the purchaser.
Monthly memberships will be debited from your debit/credit card (or other payment details provider) on the same day each month.
Annual memberships will be debited from your debit/credit card (or other payment details provider) on the same day each year.
Payment details will be held against the membership until the point of membership cancellation.
Notice of renewal of membership will be sent to the purchaser at least seven days before renewal. It will be sent to the purchaser's contact details provided.
Membership purchase prices can change by tier or by promotions at any point, at the discretion of Mr & Mrs Smith.
You can request to cancel your membership at any point after the initial 12 months membership has been completed by contacting us.
Members' data collection and use
Specifically within the membership program we use you data to communicate with you for the following purposes:
- Service your booking
- Service your membership
- To send marketing communications, including research (only when permission from the member is obtained)
You have the right to unsubscribe from marketing communications at any point via your membership preferences area.
All non-promotional vouchers/gift cards are purchased at their full face value in order to be valid.
Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to refuse redemption of vouchers if they believe that the vouchers have been obtained by fraudulent means.
Vouchers & gift cards
Gift cards/e-vouchers are redeemable for stays at hotels and villas in the Mr & Mrs Smith collection when booking via Mr & Mrs Smith
Gift cards/e-vouchers are not redeemable directly with hotels and villas or in any way with hotels and villas that are not part of the Smith collection.
Hotel and villa stays paid in whole or part with a gift card/e-voucher must be pre-paid in their entirety at the point of booking, except when the value of the gift card/e-voucher or loyalty money is less than the deposit amount.
Gift cards/e-vouchers can be used multiple times until the value associated with the unique code reaches zero or it expires, whichever is first
Gift cards/e-vouchers are valid for 12 months after purchase and are not extendable
Bookings must be made within this time, but stays can be taken after the expiration date
Gift cards/e-vouchers are redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
Where a refund is applicable for cancelled bookings, the amount paid with gift cards/e-vouchers money will be refunded by the same method as purchase.
Vouchers/gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash.
Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right not to accept vouchers/gift cards where it is already redeemed, used fraudulently or is invalid for the booking being made.
Lost or misplaced vouchers/gift cards may be replaced subject to submission of proof of purchase, and the purchaser’s confirmation of the voucher’s/gift card’s intended recipient.
A promotional voucher is an entitlement to a discount (up to the amount stated) off a qualifying booking for a promotional period.
1. Promotional vouchers cannot be used for bookings made directly with our hotels or villas.
2. A promotional code can only be used once.
3. Vouchers have a cash value of £0.001 and are not transferable or assignable and cannot be sold at auction.
4. Each voucher can only be used once and may not be used for multiple bookings on consecutive nights at the same hotel.
5. Only one voucher can be used per booking.
6. Only one voucher can be redeemed per household.
7. When using a voucher, the full balance of the booking is payable at the time the order is placed unless the voucher value is lower than the deposit due.
8. Vouchers are valid for new bookings only.
9. A minimum stay or minimum spend may be applicable in order for a voucher to be valid (see individual vouchers for details).
10. Vouchers cannot be used with any other promotion or offer.
11. Vouchers are redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
12. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to refuse redemption of vouchers if they believe that they are being used by someone other than the intended recipient.
13. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to decline to accept vouchers where, in its opinion, a voucher is invalid for the booking being made.
14. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to cancel a promotion at any time.
15. Mr & Mrs Smith shall not be liable to any customer for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of a promotional voucher or any failure or inability of a customer to use a promotional voucher for any reason.
16. We have the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
1. Contributions may only be used to pay for hotel and villa accommodation or SideStory experiences, and do not cover transport, food, beverages or activities.
2. After your list has closed, the funds may be used towards an existing honeymoon booking (via a bank transfer to the value of your booking directly to your bank account). Once your hotel accommodation has been paid for, any unused funds in your list will be transferred to your Smith loyalty account to spend on future stays. This will be valid for two years.
3. If you book a hotel requiring prepayment before the list closes, the total prepaid will be refunded from your contributions once the list is closed. If your contributions are not sufficient to cover the prepayment total in full, you will receive a refund equivalent to the amount contributed to your list.
4. Bookings made before a wedding list has been closed are made under normal booking conditions and policies. Once the list has been closed, any deposits already paid will be refunded as long as there are sufficient funds available in your list.
5. If there is not a sufficient amount to cover the entire cost of your hotel accommodation, the remaining amount will be charged to you by the hotel at check-out.
6. Gift lists automatically close at midnight on the day before your wedding date. This date can be changed over the phone by contacting our in-house team of travel specialists.
7. You will be contacted by email one week before your list closes with a full breakdown of all gift list payments.
8. If you have not made a booking by the time your gift list closes, your contributions will be transferred to your Smith loyalty account to put towards future bookings. They will remain valid for two years.
9. Any contributions to gift list funds are held as loyalty money eligible to the account holder of gift list only. The contribution's cannot be reimbursed as a cash alternatives or bank transfer. The gift list is non-transferable to others. Cash payments can not be reimbursed to contributors only to the gift list registered account holder.
All Spanish villas and rental properties represented by Mr & Mrs Smith have the legally required permits and authorisations to accept bookings.
This promotion is not currently running.
1. SilverSmith and GoldSmith members must book and confirm their stay between the dates given for the promotion.
2. SilverSmith and GoldSmith members will earn double their usual loyalty credit on any bookings made within the above time frame. The usual loyalty-credit percentage for each member (three or five per cent) to be doubled is that which appears on the member's account at the time of the promotion.
1. This offer is valid for new honeymoon bookings made from 23 July 2018 and is valid until 23 July 2020 (subject to availability). Stay dates can be any time.
2. Applicable only to new honeymoon bookings totalling five nights or more. This offer cannot be applied to existing bookings that have already been confirmed.
3. This offer is only bookable over the phone and is not valid for online booking. Call our travel specialists.
4. Members will be asked to provide their wedding date in order to qualify for the offer.
5. This offer can only be claimed once per household and can only be booked on one member account i.e a couple cannot book different components under different accounts.
6. The five nights can be broken down in multiple nights stays at different hotels and must be booked within the same booking reference.
7. Offer is also available in your local currency. Values are set as per the exchange rate at time of offer launch date (23 July 2018) and will not fluctuate with exchange rates (GBP 150 / USD 200 / EUR 170 / AUD 270 / CAD 260 / HKD 1,540 / SGD 270.)
8. Other local currencies available. Please contact our travel specialists for more information.
9. Please note: GoldSmiths and SilverSmiths will earn loyalty credit on their booking when using this offer.
10. This offer is valid for bookings on villas, hotels and packages. This offer is not valid against items purchased from the Smith Shop.
11. Members can use existing loyalty credit toward a booking and still qualify for the ‘wedding gift’ discount.
12. Members can use any existing Smith Gift List funds towards their honeymoon booking and still qualify for the ‘wedding gift’ discount.
13. If a property that a member wishes to book does not have availability, this offer will not be available.
14. For any cancelled bookings, the Smith Wedding Gift amount will be removed from the booking and a refund will be processed as per our Mr & Mrs Smith booking terms and conditions.
15. Smith Global Ltd. reserves the right to make changes to our website/app, policies, and these conditions of offer at any time.
16. These terms also apply for our Condé Nast Traveller x Mr & Mrs Smith promotion where you'll receive £150 towards your honeymoon when you book five nights or more with us from 2 April to 23 July 2020. Call our travel specialists on 0330 100 3180 and quote CNTHONEYMOON to book.
1. Each copy of The World’s Sexiest Bedrooms purchased contains a unique voucher code worth £30. Additionally, five such codes worth £1,000 are contained in randomly selected copies of the globally distributed book.
2. To be in with a chance of receiving a ‘golden ticket’ voucher worth £1,000 you’ll need to purchase – or be given – a copy of The World’s Sexiest Bedrooms, containing a unique promotional code which will need to be activated at mrandmrssmith.com/wsb.
3. Once you have activated your code, you’ll receive either £30 or be told instantly if its a lucky one and, in which case, you’ll receive £1,000 to spend with Mr & Mrs Smith.
4. The value of both the £30 and the £1,000 vouchers will be converted to regional equivalents at the time of booking and is subject to currency fluctuations.
5. Both the £30 and the £1,000 vouchers will be valid for 12 months from the date you activate the code online.
6. Both the £30 and the £1,000 voucher values are non-transferable and non-refundable and cannot be swapped for a cash alternative. The money can be spent on any hotel, villa or SideStory experience in the Mr & Mrs Smith collection.
7. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to cancel or amend these terms and conditions or change the ‘prize’ to one of equivalent value as required by the circumstances, which includes being unable to operate the website due to technical issues or issues caused by a partner. There is no cash alternative.
8. Mr & Mrs Smith gives no warranty or guarantee in relation to this promotion and accepts no responsibility or liability for any amendments. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Mr & Mrs Smith excludes liability for all loss, damage or claim arising as a result of the participant’s entry into the promotion.
1. Onda aims to provide MMS GoldSmith members with access to its growing selection of unique members' clubs, health clubs and work spaces.
2. GoldSmith members are granted six visits a year for each members-only club; three visits a year for each workspace; and three visits a year for each health club (subject to availability).
3. GoldSmith members are allowed to invite up to three guests on any single visit to a members club or workspace (subject to availability). No guests are allowed access to health clubs.
4. If you cancel your Smith hotel or villa booking, the accompanying member-club visit will also be cancelled
5. Bookings must be made 24 hours in advance through MMS Concierge travel team.
6. A booking is only confirmed once the MMS Concierge team has emailed a booking confirmation. We endeavour to do this within 24 hours.
7. All cancellations must be made four hours prior to the booking time. If you do not inform MMS Concierge team of a cancellation, your allocated access will be deducted and you will be charged the full $40 (£35) per guest cancellation fee.
8. For all restaurant bookings, GoldSmith members can bring up to three guests. Guests must be accompanied by a GoldSmith member.
9. In case of a table no-show, one allocated access will be deducted from your GoldSmith membership account and you will incur one $40 (£35) cancellation fee per guest.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
10. A three-month suspension is imposed on your Onda membership for any offense deemed harmful.
11. A full expulsion of your Onda membership is enforced after a second offense.
12. A full expulsion will be extended if the first offense is deemed serious enough by the committee.
13. Onda reserves the right to change or replace our list of partner clubs at any time (roster of clubs may change and the most up to date list may not be reflected on the website.)
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
14. MMS or Onda shall not be liable to the GoldSmith member, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods; or, loss of contract, or loss of use or, loss of corruption of data or information whether direct or indirect or, any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising under or in connection with their membership; and under or in connection with their membership, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise.
15. GoldSmith members acknowledge that any contract entered into with any Supplier is an independent contract. Onda hereby disclaims any and all liability for any act or omission of any Supplier or any loss incurred as a result of any act or omission of a Supplier whether or not arranged through Onda.
16. MMS or Onda shall have no liability to a GoldSmith member for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising from Requests or any instructions supplied which are incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate or arising from their late arrival or non-arrival, or any Default.
17. Onda does not operate as a concierge service for any tickets and bookings outside what we and our partners offer.
Our best-price guarantee is available per booking. To qualify for our best-price guarantee and the resulting Get a Room! gift card, the competitor’s rate must:
1. apply to the same hotel, dates, room type (including the same number and size of beds), number of guests and inclusions
2. be more than a three per cent difference (a three per cent fluctuation of the total cost on the Mr & Mrs Smith site is applicable due to potential exchange rate fluctuations)
3. be subject to the same booking and cancellation policies
4. exclude any card fees
The following do not qualify for our best-price guarantee and resulting Get a Room! gift card:
1. Rooms booked through unauthorised travel agents or bought through a resale site (for example, ‘Auction sites’ or ‘Mystery Hotel sites’, where the hotel is revealed after booking), or promotional rates offered through a third party
2. Specially negotiated rates such as travel agents, staff or corporate rates
3. If the lower price is obtained via a limited-time promotion, promo code, cash back, coupon, voucher or member’s discount
4. Cancelled bookings
5. Special rates as part of a package
6. Rates quoted on websites that don’t process bookings or accept payments (for example, websites that link to a third party's website)
7. Lower rates resulting from a hotel error
8. Rates that Mr & Mrs Smith is unable to verify using reasonable means
Our best-price guarantee is based on a per-booking basis (not per night). This includes bookings within a consecutive date range. Subsequently booked nights in addition to the original booking will not result in vouchers being issued. We will only honour up to 10 Get a Room! vouchers per year for each member.
Get a Room! gift voucher amount for all currencies:
1. For this promotion, eligible Mr & Mrs Smith members in the UK (including Northern Ireland), the Republic of Ireland, the USA, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, China and Europe, will receive one Horizn Studios M5 Cabin bag (usually £320) in the colour black or navy.
2. This offer is only valid for stays of seven nights or more, booked from 26 December 2019 to 29 February 2020. Please note, we have a total of 350 cases, so they will be sent on a first come, first served basis. Stays can be taken any time before 31 January 2021.
3. To be eligible for the gift, you can book several separate hotel stays, as long as the total bookings add up to seven nights or more.
4. All seven nights needed to qualify must be booked using the same Smith membership account. Smith gift vouchers and loyalty money can also be used to redeem nights in conjunction with this promotion; however, the promotion only applies to hotel and villa bookings, including nights at non-Smith hotels booked by Smith as part of an itinerary. Purchases of transfers, experiences, tours, flights or Get a Room! gift cards cannot be redeemed for the gift. This promotion does not apply to bookings made through third parties.
5. To get your free case, you must provide your email and delivery information via this form. Please note, claims can only be processed once the information on this form has been received, and, due to a limited supply, cases will be sent out on a first-come-first-served basis. Your hotel bookings must be made by 11.59pm on 29 February 2020 and forms must be submitted by 11.59pm on 3 March 2020 at the latest.
6. Only one gift can be claimed for each household, unless the member has booked 12 nights or more in total, as this will make them eligible to claim for two free Horizn Studios cases. Gifts will not be dispatched if any of the eligible bookings are subsequently cancelled. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to withhold the cost of the gift (£320/€350/US$370) and delivery should any bookings be cancelled after the gift has been dispatched, or if guests do not show up for their booked getaway. Bookings made directly with our hotels will not be honoured as part of this promotion.
7. Mr & Mrs Smith shall not be held liable to any customers for financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of the gift. Mr & Mrs Smith have the right to change the terms and conditions and to cancel the promotion at any time. For full terms and conditions of booking, visit mrandmrssmith.com/booking-terms.
8. Gifts will be dispatched by Horizn Studios between 5 March and 31 March 2020; tracking information will be sent a short time before arrival. Any custom/import duties incurred are the responsibility of the recipient. Smith cannot be held responsible for deliveries that are lost, stolen or damaged upon being redirected, or loss resulting from a change to the delivery location after tracking has been sent.
9. In case of defects on the product(s) or malfunction, the user is required to contact Horizn Studios within the warranty period as set forth here https://horizn-studios.com/en/warranty. Mr & Mrs Smith cannot be held responsible for any faults with the gift(s).
10. Before raising a request for warranty handling, the user must read and follow the instructions that can be found here: https://horizn-studios.com/en/warranty. Please note that only Horizn Studios can screen the product and decide if it is eligible for repair or replacement.
11. Mr & Mrs Smith are unable to offer a cash refund for the gift, should it need to be returned.
Membership is granted by signing up online via the affiliate link provided to American Express and entering the American Express card number for verification. Membership can take up to 48 hours to process.
Expiration of membership
Membership will only expire after 12 months after sign-up if no bookings have been made within the last 12 month period.
A digital membership card and number will be issued to each member upon registration and will be delivered via email.
1. This offer is valid for family bookings (at least one adult and one child) made between 17 January 2020 until 31 March 2020 (subject to availability). Stay dates can be any time.
2. The offer is only applicable to new family bookings totalling four nights or more. This offer cannot be applied to existing bookings that have already been confirmed.
3. This offer can only be claimed once per household and can only be booked on one member account (e.g. a couple cannot book different components under different accounts).
4. The booking must contain at least one adult and one child (under 18 years old).
5. The four nights can be broken down into multiple-night stays at different hotels, as long as they are all confirmed as one booking (meaning they share the same booking reference).
6. The offer is also available in your local currency. Values are set as per the exchange rate at the time of the offer launch date (17 January, 2020) and will not fluctuate with exchange rates (GBP 100 / USD 150 / EUR 120 / AUD 185 / NZD 200 / CAD 170 / HKD 1,000 / SGD 180)
7. Other local currencies available. Please contact our in-house travel specialists for more information.
8. Please note: GoldSmiths and SilverSmiths will earn loyalty credit on their booking when using this offer.
9. This offer is valid for bookings on hotels, villas and packages. This offer is not valid against items purchased from the Mr & Mrs Smith gift shop or on SideStory experiences.
10. If a hotel, villa or package that a member wishes to book does not have availability, this offer will not be available.
11. For any cancelled bookings, the Smith Family Gift amount will be removed from the booking and a refund will be processed as per our Mr & Mrs Smith booking terms and conditions.
12. Smith Global Ltd. reserves the right to make changes to our website/app, policies, and these conditions of offer at any time.
1. By entering into the ‘night-off’ draw, participants agree to these terms and conditions and acknowledge that failure to comply with them may result in disqualification. All national and local laws and regulations shall apply. These terms and conditions include all instructions of how to take part in ‘A night off for NHS and care home workers’.
2. Entry is open to current employees of the NHS and current employees of care homes only. Participants must be over 18 years of age and live in the United Kingdom.
3. To enter to receive a night away, simply enter your details via the form linked at www.mrandmrssmith.com/nightoff, using your work email address to help us validate your entry. Only one entry a person is permitted. Multiple or incomplete entries will be deemed to be invalid.
3a. No purchase is necessary, the competition is free to enter.
4. The ‘prize’ is a night away for two* (in one double or twin room), including breakfast for two, in a participating UK hotel, for stays until 31 December 2021, and bookings must be made from 17 August and no later than 30 September 2020. Dates for accommodation are first-come first-serve, subject to availability, capacity control, black-out dates and other restrictions. There will be no payment taken for the stay. *The only exception is The Curtain, London, where the prize applies to single-occupancy bookings only.
5. Travel to and from the hotel is not included in the giveaway and must be organised and paid for by each NHS or care home employee. Unless otherwise confirmed by Mr & Mrs Smith, any other additional taxes, transfers, connections and other local transportation, meals, drinks, minibar items, travel insurance, upgrades, expenses, gratuities, extra and incidental costs associated with the stay are not included and must be paid for by the NHS or care home employee.
6. Successful applicants will need to provide credit card details to secure the hotel booking; the credit card will not be charged, except in the case of any incidental costs incurred.
7. Successful candidates may be asked to confirm their name and place of work.
8. NHS or care home employees who receive nights away will be eligible entries drawn at random. Entries will be drawn using a random number generator and independently witnessed. The winner will be drawn by Mr & Mrs Smith by 8 July 2020.
9. Mr & Mrs Smith shall notify the winner no later than 10 July 2020 to provide details of how to claim the night away. If the night away is declined or unclaimed by the winner, or if the winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied on their entry form within seven business days of attempted notification by Mr & Mrs Smith, a replacement name shall be drawn at Mr & Mrs Smith’s discretion and shall be notified by Mr & Mrs Smith.
10. The names of the successful NHS or care home employees will be available from 3 August 2020. Should you wish to enquire about the outcome of the prize draw, please send an email to: [email protected]
11. The results of the random draw are final and no correspondence will be entered into. The night away is non-changeable, non-transferable, non-refundable and has no cash value if not used.
12. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to cancel or amend these terms and conditions as required by the circumstances. There is no cash alternative.
13. Mr & Mrs Smith cannot accept responsibility for or liability arising from participants taking part in the draw or for taking up the night away. Mr & Mrs Smith gives no warranty or guarantee in relation to the night away and accepts no responsibility or liability for the prize being amended. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Mr & Mrs Smith excludes liability for all loss, damage or claim arising as a result of the participant’s entry into the draw or redeeming of the night away.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this giveaway shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. The promoter is:
Smith Global Ltd, The Shepherds Building, Rockley Road, London W14 0DA
All enquiries about ‘A night off for NHS and care home workers’ should be directed to Mr & Mrs Smith at: [email protected]
Smith Global Ltd is the company behind Mr & Mrs Smith.
This website is owned and operated by Smith Global Ltd.
Smith Global Ltd
Registered address: White Hart Associates (London) Limited
2nd Floor Nucleus House
2 Lower Mortlake Road
Company registration: 443 8845
Registered in the UK
VAT registration: 802 5618 50
For more information, visit our contact page.
Download our iPhone app from the App Store.
>Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.