This legal statement contains information on the following:
2. Booking terms and conditions
3. Conditions of purchase
4. Delivery and returns policy
5. Smith membership terms and conditions
6. Gift card/e-voucher/loyalty money terms and conditions
7. Gift lists
8. Spanish villas and rental properties
9. Double-loyalty promotion terms
10. Smith Wedding Gift terms
11. The World's Sexiest Bedrooms book voucher terms
Mr & Mrs Smith is committed to keeping your data safe and secure and handling it appropriately within the guidelines of the global data protection regulations. This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it in order to satisfy your booking or purchase requirements. It also outlines the security measures we take in order to protect your privacy and gives assurances on things that we will not do.
When you place an order or book a hotel, we collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and credit card information. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve our service. Our site records your IP address at the time of booking, and we collect data for fraud prevention.
Use of information
We will use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
• to advise you of any changes or problems with your hotel booking
• to help us administer accounts, services and products which we offer
• to help detect fraud
• to advise you if you have won any competition or prize giveaway
• to write to you (including electronic mail) or to telephone you (including SMS) with information about our services or products or offers from the hotels participating in the Mr & Mrs Smith guides or website.
Amendments to – or requesting the deletion of – your details
To change the personal details we hold about you, visit your profile or write to us at the address at the bottom of this page. If you do not wish to receive the members' newsletter, you can unsubscribe or amend your preferences here.
You may, at any time, ask us to delete the data we hold on you. In order to do this, please click here to request its removal.
Disclosure of information
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to other companies without your prior consent. We do not sell mailing lists to third parties.
Protection of information
We maintain strict security measures in order to protect personal information. This includes following certain procedures in order to ensure compliance with the Global Data Protection Regulation. Our security policy covers encryption, password compliance, firewall and penetration testing, breach handling, employee training and security, and much more.
If you communicate with us via the internet then we may occasionally use email to contact you about our services and products. When you first provide personal information to our website we will normally give you the opportunity to indicate whether you would prefer us not to contact you in this way. However, you can always send us an email at any time to change your preferences.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. These allow us to store your account information and provide features to make browsing and booking hotels on our website easier. Most browsers allow the cookie function to be turned off. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the help menu on your browser.
London W14 0DA
Data protection registration: Z243299X
We may amend this policy from time to time, in which case the amended version will be published on our website. This policy applies to personal information held about individuals. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations.
This website may contain links to other websites. Such links are provided solely for your convenience. Smith Global Ltd is not responsible for the security practices of such websites.
2. Booking conditions
3. Conditions of purchase
Please read these conditions carefully. By purchasing an item via mrandmrssmith.com, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
This section deals with conditions relating to the sale of products by Smith Global Ltd to you.
When you place an order to purchase a product from Smith Global Ltd, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us. When you make a booking, you are entering into a contract with the hotel via Smith Global Ltd, not with Smith Global Ltd itself.
4. Delivery and returns policy
Delivery charges, gift wrapping and other services
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is defective, we will be happy to refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and your costs in returning it to us. Where you are withdrawing from your purchase within the seven working days cooling-off period, we will also refund the normal postage charge for the delivery of that item but we cannot refund any priority, express or courier component of the postage charge. You will be responsible for those charges and the costs of any other services provided to you in connection with your purchase, for example gift wrapping.
When ordering goods from Smith Global Ltd for delivery overseas you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from Smith Global Ltd, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Your privacy is important to us and we know that you care about how information about your order is used and shared. We would like our international customers and customers dispatching products internationally to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
Please review our returns policy, which applies to products purchased from us. You are entitled to a statutory cooling-off period of seven business days. This applies to items purchased from Smith Global Ltd. Specific rules apply regarding refunds of delivery charges, gift wrapping and other services: see above.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
How to return an item
Please follow the steps below to enable us to process your refund efficiently:
• Fill out your details on the back of the delivery slip, giving the reason for the return. Please include your order number
• If you do not have the original delivery slip, please send us a note detailing the reason for return. This note MUST include your order number, which you will be able to find in the confirmation email sent to you directly after purchase.
• In the case of a faulty product, please provide a full description of the fault in the space provided on the delivery slip
• Wrap the item securely in its original packaging (if any)
• Then send the package to the address below:
Smith Global Ltd (Returns Department)
Unit 3.2 (3rd Floor)
We will notify you via email when we have processed your refund. For your protection we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service.
5. Smith membership terms and conditions
Membership can be obtained by signing up online, by booking through Smith, entering a competition, making a purchase from the gift shop, or by registering the card that comes with every Smith guidebook purchased.
Smith members are eligible for several types of offers. Smith extras are additional gifts or services provided by the hotel for anyone booking that hotel through the Mr & Mrs Smith website or Smith24 team. Hotel offers, such as free nights, reduced rates, or other special deals are available for limited periods and may be booked online or through the Smith24 team ([email protected]; 0330 100 3180 or +44 20 8987 4312). Please note that the Smith extra may not be available in conjunction with hotel offers – see the individual offer for details. Shopping offers are subject to the terms and conditions of the offer provider – see individual offers for details. Smith members may receive hotel vouchers during promotional periods; the use of these is restricted to one voucher per member and one voucher per booking. All offers are subject to availability.
Any hotel participating in an offer to Smith members must agree to honour the offer (subject to availability).
Smith members receive a monthly newsletter, Room Service, which includes updated offers and competitions. Your email address is not sold to or shared with third parties for marketing purposes but we may invite other companies to participate in our newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe, you can do so here.
If you lose your personalised SilverSmith or GoldSmith card or if it is destroyed, we are happy to provide you with a replacement card. Replacement cards are charged at £10. To request a new card, please email [email protected]
Alteration of service or amendments to the conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these conditions of purchase at any time. You will be subject to the policies and conditions of conditions of purchase in force at the time that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Events beyond our reasonable control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
6. Gift card/e-voucher/loyalty money terms and conditions
All non-promotional vouchers/gift cards are purchased at their full face value in order to be valid.
Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to refuse redemption of vouchers if they believe that the vouchers have been obtained by fraudulent means.
Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money
From 23 February 2015, BlackSmith members will no longer earn loyalty money on bookings. Existing loyalty money held by BlackSmith members will remain valid for 24 month from completion of the qualifying stay. Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money are redeemable for stays at hotels in the Mr & Mrs Smith collection when booking via the Mr & Mrs Smith website or the Smith24 team. Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money are not redeemable directly with hotels or in any way with hotels that are not part of the Smith collection.
Loyalty money is given on all hotel stays booked by SilverSmiths or GoldSmiths through mrandmrssmith.com or through our Smith24 team. Loyalty money is not given on any bookings made directly with hotels.
The amount earned is based on membership status at the conclusion of the stay.
When a hotel stay has been part-paid using loyalty money, further rewards will only be accrued on the portion that has been paid for in cash or by debit/credit card.
Hotel stays paid in whole or part with a gift card/e-voucher or loyalty money must be pre-paid in their entirety at the point of booking (except when the value of the gift card/e-voucher or loyalty money is less than the deposit amount). Though we understand that this can sometimes be a slight inconvenience, this is the best way of ensuring there is no confusion over payment when you check out at the end of your stay.
Vouchers/gift cards can be used multiple times until the value associated with the unique gift card code reaches zero or the gift card money expires.
Vouchers/gift cards are valid for 12 months after purchase. Loyalty money is valid for 24 months from completion of the qualifying stay after which it will automatically expire. Bookings must be made within this time, but stays can be taken outside of the validity period.
Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money are redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
Any outstanding unused credit will be held against the unique gift card/e-voucher code until used or the gift card/e-voucher/loyalty money expires.
Where a refund is applicable for cancelled bookings, the amount paid with vouchers/loyalty money will be refunded by the same method.
Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money cannot be exchanged for cash.
Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to decline to accept vouchers/gift cards where, in its opinion, a gift card/e-voucher is invalid for the booking being made.
Lost or misplaced vouchers/gift cards may be replaced subject to submission of proof of purchase, and the purchaser’s confirmation of the voucher’s/gift card’s intended recipient.
A promotional voucher is an entitlement to a discount (up to the amount stated) off a qualifying booking for a promotional period.
1. Promotional vouchers cannot be used for bookings made directly with our hotels.
2. A promotional code can only be used once.
3. Vouchers have a cash value of £0.001 and are not transferable or assignable and cannot be sold at auction.
4. Each voucher can only be used once and may not be used for multiple bookings on consecutive nights at the same hotel.
5. Only one voucher can be used per booking.
6. Only one voucher can be redeemed per household.
7. When using a voucher, the full balance of the booking is payable at the time the order is placed unless the voucher value is lower than the deposit due.
8. Vouchers are valid for new bookings only.
9. A minimum stay or minimum spend may be applicable in order for a voucher to be valid (see individual vouchers for details).
10. Vouchers cannot be used with any other promotion or offer.
11. Vouchers are redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
12. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to refuse redemption of vouchers if they believe that they are being used by someone other than the intended recipient.
13. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to decline to accept vouchers where, in its opinion, a voucher is invalid for the booking being made.
14. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to cancel a promotion at any time.
15. Mr & Mrs Smith shall not be liable to any customer for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of a promotional voucher or any failure or inability of a customer to use a promotional voucher for any reason.
16. We have the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
7. Gift lists
1. Gift lists will be closed on the last working day before the given day.
2. Contributions may only be used to pay for hotel accommodation, and do not include transport, food, beverages or activities.
3. Payment for hotel accommodation can only be made using the gift list once it has been closed. If you book a hotel requiring prepayment before the list closes, the prepayment amount will be refunded once the list is closed.
4. Bookings made before a gift list is closed are made under normal booking conditions and policies. Gift list contributions cannot be used to cover any deposits required before the gift list is closed.
5. A Smith voucher will be created for any unused amount in your gift list once hotel accommodation has been paid. This will be valid for one year (see voucher terms and conditions above)
6. If there is not a sufficient amount to cover the entire cost of your hotel accommodation, the remaining amount will be charged on check-out.
7. You will be contacted by email one week before your list closes with a breakdown of gift list payments.
8. If you have not made a booking by the time your gift list closes you will be sent an e-voucher within 24 business hours for the total amount of contributions made. This will be valid for one year (see voucher terms and conditions above).
8. Spanish villas and rental properties
All Spanish villas and rental properties represented by Mr & Mrs Smith have the legally required permits and authorisations to accept bookings.
9. Double-loyalty promotion terms and conditions
1. All members must book and confirm their stay between 8am GMT on Tuesday, 26 June and 12am GMT on Thursday, 28 June.
2. BlackSmith members can earn £25 in loyalty credit for any bookings made within that time frame. There are non-GBP currency equivalents that will be specified via email or push notification to the member and are determined by the country in which that the member has registered their account with Mr & Mrs Smith. Equivalent amounts are limited to those advertised by Mr & Mrs Smith and a full list is available on request. Other country values will be added in GBP.
3. SilverSmith and GoldSmith members will earn double their usual loyalty credit on any bookings made within the above time frame. The usual loyalty-credit percentage for each member (three or five per cent) to be doubled is that which appears on the member's account at 8am GMT on Tuesday, 26 June.
4. Loyalty credit will not be valid until after the stay, but will show as pending in the member's Mr & Mr Smith account from Wednesday, 4 July.
5. If a booking is cancelled at any time, this offer will no longer be valid and the loyalty credit will be removed.
6. If a member makes an amendment to their booking after the above time frame, BlackSmith members will still receive they £25 loyalty credit and Silversmith and Goldsmith members will earn double loyalty credit based on the final cost of their booking, after the stay is completed.
7. This offer will not be valid outside of above time frames, with absolutely no exception.
8. This offer is subject to availability. If the property a member wishes to book does not have availability, this offer will not be available. If more availability is added after 12am on Thursday, 28 June, this offer will not be valid.
9. During the above time frame, you may make multiple bookings. In that case, you will receive the incentive for each booking.
10. The offer will be available on villas, hotels, boats and packages, but not items purchased from the shop.
11. The normal Mr & Mrs Smith terms and conditions, above, apply.
12. Loyalty credit will be awarded based on the price you pay for your booking.
13. Members can use existing loyalty credit toward a booking and still earn a loyalty credit as part of this promotion, but this offer will be valid for only the remaining balance not paid for with existing loyalty credit.
14. All loyalty credit is valid for two years, starting from the day after the end of the booking for which it was earned.
10. Wedding Gift offer terms
1. This offer is valid for new honeymoon bookings made from 23 July 2018 and is valid until 23 July 2019. Stay dates can be any time.
2. Applicable only to new honeymoon bookings totalling five nights or more. This offer cannot be applied to existing bookings that have already been confirmed.
3. This offer is only bookable over the phone and is not valid for online booking. Call our travel specialists, Smith24, on +1 212 600 2037.
4. Members will be asked to provide their wedding date in order to qualify for the offer.
5. This offer can only be claimed once per household and can only be booked on one member account i.e a couple cannot book different components under different accounts
6. The five nights can be broken down in multiple nights stays at different hotels and must be booked within the same booking reference
7. Offer is also available in your local currency. Values are set as per the exchange rate at time of offer launch date (23 July 2018) and will not fluctuate with exchange rates (GBP 150 / USD 200 / EUR 170 / AUD 270 / CAD 260 / HKD 1,540 / SGD 270.)
8. Other local currencies available. Please contact Smith24, on +1 212 600 2037, for more information.
9. Please note: GoldSmiths and SilverSmiths will not earn loyalty credit on their booking when using this offer
10. This offer is valid for bookings on villas, hotels and packages. This offer is not valid against items purchased from the Smith Shop
11. Members can use existing loyalty credit toward a booking and still qualify for the ‘wedding gift’ discount
12. Members can use any existing Smith Gift List funds towards their honeymoon booking and still qualify for the ‘wedding gift’ discount
13. If a property that a member wishes to book does not have availability, this offer will not be available
14. For any cancelled bookings, the Smith Wedding Gift amount will be removed from the booking and a refund will be processed as per our Mr & Mrs Smith booking terms and conditions
15. Smith Global Ltd. reserves the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these conditions of offer at any time
11. The World's Sexiest Bedrooms Book voucher terms
1. Each copy of The World’s Sexiest Bedrooms purchased contains a unique voucher code worth £30. Additionally, five such codes worth £1,000 are contained in randomly selected copies of the globally distributed book.
2. To be in with a chance of receiving a ‘golden ticket’ voucher worth £1,000 you’ll need to purchase – or be gifted – a copy of The World’s Sexiest Bedrooms, containing a unique promotional code which will need to be activated at mrandmrssmith.com/wsb.
3. Once you have activated your code, you’ll receive either £30 or be told instantly if its a lucky one and, in which case, you’ll receive £1,000 to spend with Mr & Mrs Smith.
4. The value of both the £30 and the £1,000 vouchers will be converted to regional equivalents at the time of booking and is subject to currency fluctuations.
5. Both the £30 and the £1,000 vouchers will be valid for 12 months from the date you activate the code online.
6. Both the £30 and the £1,000 voucher values are non-transferable and non-refundable and cannot be swapped for a cash alternative. The money can be spent on any hotel, villa or SideStory experience in the Mr & Mrs Smith collection.
7. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to cancel or amend these terms and conditions or change the ‘prize’ to one of equivalent value as required by the circumstances, which includes being unable to operate the website due to technical issues or issues caused by a partner. There is no cash alternative.
8. Mr & Mrs Smith gives no warranty or guarantee in relation to this promotion and accepts no responsibility or liability for any amendments. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Mr & Mrs Smith excludes liability for all loss, damage or claim arising as a result of the participant’s entry into the promotion.
Our company details
Smith Global Ltd is the company behind Mr & Mrs Smith.
This website is owned and operated by Smith Global Ltd.
Smith Global Ltd
Registered address: White Hart Associates (London) Limited
2nd Floor Nucleus House
2 Lower Mortlake Road
Company registration: 443 8845
Registered in the UK
VAT registration: 802 5618 50
For more information, visit our contact page.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.