Looking for an opportunity to work with one of the travel industry's most stylish and well-loved brands? Here's a list of current vacancies at Mr & Mrs Smith...
Senior digital designer
Responsible for all interaction design, art direction and visual design development of digital products & communications. This is a hands-on creative role where you will be required to make design decisions, liaise with other stakeholders and consult on new innovation in front end best practice.
- Working across the journey of conceptualisation all the way through to execution and delivery of projects
- Ability to articulate to stakeholders why you’ve made certain creative decisions and how they benefit the brand
- Taking creative/design responsibility of allocated projects under the guidance of the Digital Product Director to create new and innovative features
- Ensure all designs deliver a commercial benefit with a user centric focus
- Ability to translate wireframes and prototypes into visual & interaction designs
- Prototype key features with UX/IA
- Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI re-factorings for a more intuitive user-experience
- Manage your time effectively to ensure the timely delivery of projects
- Responsible for detailing all visual and interaction design into specifications for developers
- Understanding of high level front end code
- Proven ability to generate assets for build phases
Skills & Experience
- Advanced skills in the entire Adobe creative suite, with specific focus on Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and Photoshop
- Ability to adapt to a workflow that will involve Sketch, Principle (or similar) and Invision
- Ability to work with developers to create and maintain a living, front-end style guide and UI pattern library
- An understanding of print design
- Experience developing digital design concepts and bringing these to life with stunning visual designs
- At least 3 years e-commerce experience with proven skills of work on mobile product interfaces as well
- A portfolio that includes high quality pixel work as well as wireframes and interaction designs
- Capable of taking design and performance feedback extremely well
- Naturally entrepreneurial with great attention to detail
To apply please send a cover letter, CV and link to your portfolio to [email protected] as soon as possible. (We can only respond to CVs with the requested experience.)
Digital marketing manager
We are looking for a full-time digital marketing manager to join our growing, London-based global marketing team, to start as soon as possible.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing digital-acquisition-driven marketing campaigns
- Managing media agencies to implement PPC, metasearch, paid social, programmatic and affiliate marketing
- Working with the brand marketing team to create digital campaigns and raise brand awareness
- Planning of all digital marketing and controlling associated budgets
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital-marketing campaigns, and assessing how effective they are in achieving the team goals, in terms of ROI and KPIs
- Identifying trends and using these insights to optimise the company’s ongoing performance and expenditure
- Working closely with internal teams: social media, CRM, e-commerce, tech and brand marketing
- Collaborating with any other vendors or third-party suppliers, as required
- Reviewing new technologies to ensure the company is at the forefront of developments in digital marketing
- The successful candidate will have a university-level education (or an international equivalent) and is based in London
- At least three years’ experience in a similar digital marketing role
- Experience in overseeing and managing PPC (Google and Bing), paid social and programmatic marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of requisite digital marketing components: email, SEO, PPC, content, programmatic, social and affiliates
- A thorough understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice, e.g. attribution
- A proven ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple digital marketing projects simultaneously
- Strong organisational and management skills
- The ability to be highly creative, with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that both engage and inform
- A solid knowledge of website-analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- A working knowledge of ad-serving tools (e.g. DoubleClick)
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Previous experience of working on global campaigns
- Experience of working in the travel/luxury sector
- Experience in A/B and multivariate testing
- Experience in running campaigns with metasearch suppliers eg. Trivago or Kayak
- Experience in affiliate marketing
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV and details of your current salary to [email protected] as soon as possible. (We can only respond to CVs with the requested experience.) Information about further benefits is available on request.
|Location||LOS ANGELES AND LONDON|
Here at Mr & Mrs Smith we aim to inspire each member to book with us again. We want to achieve this by offering:
- The best possible service and support for customers before, during and after their trip
- An unrivalled collection of hotels and travel packages
- A personalised selection of exclusive offers and travel packages
- A ‘best in class’ membership scheme with a range of special rewards
- A series of events and extras that genuinely surprise and delight our members
Mr & Mrs Smith is seeking two full-time CRM managers to join our growing global marketing team: a temporary position to cover maternity leave in our London office and a permanent position in our Los Angeles office, both available to start immediately.
- Organising exclusive members events with a range of partners
- Delivering personalised print campaigns
- Preparing outbound marketing messages (including emails, direct mail, push notifications and event invites) and analysing client engagement for marketing purposes
- Understanding what motivates different customer demographics to book through Mr & Mrs Smith and using that knowledge to design targeted messages and incentives
- Working with different teams. On occasion the candidate may be required to present to senior management
- Occasionally covering for the team manager during holiday periods
- A proactive approach and the ability to work autonomously; limited administrative support (covering content, imagery and business-intelligence analysis) is provided for this role
- The successful candidate must be university educated
- They must be eligible to work in the country where the role is based
- Demonstrable marketing expertise for destinations outside the US and UK
- Previous experience of working in the travel industry and a passion for travel
- An understanding of marketing a luxury brand
- Fluency in another language
- Familiarity with the CRM tools we use
- Candidates with no previous experience in a CRM role will still be considered, as they may be able to bring unique marketing talents and experience to the table and complement the team
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] as soon as possible. (We can only respond to CVs with the requested experience.) Details of further benefits are available on request.
Mr & Mrs Smith is seeking travel specialists to report directly to sales managers and provide first-class customer service to all Smith clients.
- Meeting a variety of sales targets
- Provide a high level of customer service to all clients
- Providing feedback and proactively contributing to team performance
- Building and expanding a client list
- Promote all Smith products, particularly gift vouchers
- Making pre- and post-stay calls
- Keeping up to date with all available promotions to encourage sales
- Taking on ad hoc duties as required
- At least three years of travel-industry experience with a premium travel agent or tour operator
- Extensive travel experience, with market expertise on more than one holiday destination outside the UK
- A passion for boutique and luxury travel
- A strong network of travel bookers or a proven history of generating bookings
- Fluency in at least one other European language (not essential)
- Availability to work full time on a rotating shift, including weekends
- Flexibility to travel both locally and internationally
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] as soon as possible. (We can only respond to CVs with the requested experience.)
Mr & Mrs Smith is seeking a support specialist to report directly to the operations-team manager and provide first-class customer service to all Smith clients.
- Serving as the first point of contact for all customers, hoteliers and external parties
- Handling multiple queries simultaneously via phone, email, live chat and social forums with flair and personality
- Answering after-sales and membership queries
- Working alongside hoteliers to present their properties to the highest possible standard, including; training them on Smith systems, connecting them with third-party systems (such as channel managers) and ensuring all properties on-site are in compliance with the Smith terms and conditions
- Working closely with our expert team of travel specialists to resolve any barriers to booking
- Managing the complaints process, ensuring Smith always puts the customer first
- Maintaining service levels by responding to all interactions with both clients and hotels in a timely and effective manner
- Where required, filling the sales role and assisting prospective customers with their travel queries
- Proactively selling Smith gift vouchers
- Flexibility to travel locally and internationally
- Availability to work on a full-time basis on a rotating shift schedule, incorporating seven days a week from 7am to midnight
- Ability to remain calm and positive under pressure
- Highly organised, efficient personality
- A high level of technical competency, including administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong written- and spoken-communication skills
- Capability to work comfortably within a dynamic environment
- A mature outlook, professional attitude and team-oriented approach
- Ability to analyse and resolve difficult situations diplomatically
- Experience working in a hotel or at a travel agency (highly beneficial, but not essential)
- Fluency in other languages, particularly European (not essential)
- Unlimited eligibility to work in the US
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] as soon as possible. (We can only respond to CVs with the requested experience.)
Internships at Mr & Mrs Smith
Mr & Mrs Smith has ongoing internship programmes for UK residents in a number of departments at our London office, and we’re always interested in hearing from bright, motivated and travel-savvy students and graduates eager to dip their toes in the boutique-hotel world.
Placements are available in the following departments:
Our small but versatile design department has a 2–3-month internship available for a bright, organised and visually orientated intern interested in gaining experience of working with large-scale image libraries. The role may involve assisting our picture editor requesting, selecting and uploading images of the world's most spectacular hotels for Smith's assorted websites. If you've a great eye, good written and communication skills, an organised approach and some experience of Photoshop, please get in touch.
We are on the hunt for a motivated applicant to join Smith's commercial department for a two-month full-time placement. The role would best suit someone who is detail-focused, tech-confident and interested in gaining insight into the travel industry
The succesful applicant will help contribute to the smooth operation of the commercial team, with particular focus on maintaining Mr & Mrs Smith's competitiveness in price and availability online. For this, excellent communication by email and phone and strong interpersonal skills are required. Other tasks may include assistance in research of curation trips, which entails mapping prospective hotels as well as gaining information on their suitability for the collection.
PR and marketing
We’re looking for a proactive and motivated intern to work with us on a full-time placement for up to two months. This exciting role will support our PR and marketing teams and would best suit someone with stellar written and spoken communication skills and first-class attention to detail. Tasks will include updating press contacts, compiling press clippings, sourcing images for the web and print features, and general travel industry research. You will also assist with ongoing marketing projects involving our brand partnerships, including our prestigious events, creation of marketing collateral, high-profile promotions and membership schemes.
Our busy online marketing department is looking for interns who can commit to a minimum of two months, either full-time or part-time. Working at the vangard of marketing technology, you'll be assisting with our global paid-search accounts, as well as undertaking research and competitor analysis. This internship will give you a broad understanding of key online marketing channels and insight into how successful campaigns are built. We need someone who isn't afraid of spreadsheets and working with data, and the internship would be perfect for someone looking to forge a career in this exciting and rapidly growing area.
This internship, lasting two to three months, gives you the chance to work alongside our boutique hotel experts, at the frontline of Mr & Mrs Smith. You will be representing our brand to our members, assisting with taking calls, be actively involved with our online booking service, delivering our highly regarded after-sales service, and making sure every detail is taken care of so that our members are guaranteed the perfect Smith stay.
We’re on the prowl for someone who’s enthusiastic, friendly and looking for all-round office experience. Duties will include helping with picture editing, answering and redirecting calls, arranging meetings and general office administration: updating databases, keeping track of stock and ensuring the day-to-day maintenance of the Smith office. There’ll also be plenty of opportunities to meaningfully assist other departments.
If you’re interested in any of the interning opportunities above, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and availability to [email protected], specifying which role you are applying for in the subject line.