Looking for an opportunity to work with one of the travel industry's most stylish and well-loved brands? Here's a list of current vacancies at Mr & Mrs Smith.
Senior front-end developer
- React experience
- HTML5, CSS3 and SASS
- Webpack and NPM as a build tool
- Responsive layouts, cross-browser support
- Website/front-end performance optimisation
- Knowledge of SEO
- JIRA – Agile, Scrum experience (sprints, retrospectives)
- Single-page–app experience
- Twig templating
- API and third-party integrations (Google maps, analytics etc)
- Good understanding of Usability/UI/UX
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV (as a PDF) to [email protected]. (We can only respond to CVs with the requested experience.)
The partnerships support executive will report to the regional manager of hotel and villa partnerships and provide first-class support to a portfolio of new and existing hotel, villa and B2B partners. The successful candidate will contribute to the wider global team, ensuring the business continues to invest in the areas of largest return, and contribute beyond their day-to-day role to the commercial team and broader business, both culturally and commercially.
- Serving as the first point of contact for all hotel and villa partners, assisting and responding to queries and requests in a timely manner
- Providing B2B booking-partner support (including British Airways Holidays, DialAFlight, Vitality and Discovery)
- Handling multiple queries simultaneously by phone and email with flair and personality
- Working alongside our hotel and villa partners to ensure their properties are represented to a high standard, including loading offers, training on Smith’s systems, connecting them with third-party channel-management systems and making sure all properties on the site comply with our terms and conditions
- Overseeing the addition of new hotels and villas to our site, including systems training
- Improving and maintaining product quality, including rates, offer depth and inventory availability
- Dealing with all extranet-related queries, both externally and internally
- Working closely with our expert team of travel specialists to resolve any barriers to booking
- Contributing to the wider partnerships team, meeting and exceeding KPIs
- Fluency in Italian to business standard
- Travel-industry experience, preferably with an online travel agent or other online environment
- Ability to stay calm and positive under pressure, and to diplomatically resolve difficult situations
- Commercial acumen and an analytical mindset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team, prioritising a busy workload
- Understanding of hotel distribution, rates and inventory management
- Love of boutique travel and a keen eye for style and design
- Exceptional communication skills and an innate ability to engage people from all walks of life
- Attention to detail and exemplary follow up
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Microsoft Office (Excel proficiency is a must), and quick adoption of new databases and systems
- Legal eligibility to work in London
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV (as a PDF) to [email protected]. (We can only respond to CVs with the requested experience.)
Senior PHP Symfony developer
We’re looking for an experienced PHP/Symfony3 senior web developer to join our expanding in-house development department. As the newest addition to a growing department, you will work on our well-known travel website developing both front- and back-end systems and using several technologies, including Symfony3, PHP7, MySQL and ElasticSearch. Ultimately, we’re after a bright, analytical, reliable, self-motivated and experienced developer, keen to join an exciting luxury-travel company that prides itself on building cutting-edge creative and technical solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and approach to challenges
- Thorough knowledge of Symfony3
- A love of using and teaching best practises, such as DRY and SOLID
- Desire to live and breath unit testing
- Fondness for stand ups, sprint planning and retrospectives
- High motivation, a proactive nature and keenness to help develop the team
- Ability to be comfortable in a Project Lead position
- Experience working in the travel industry; understanding how rates and availability work would be a major plus
- Experience working with CMS or e-commerce systems
- Experience working with high-traffic websites
- Experience working with medium- to high-transaction websites
- Working knowledge of ElasticSearch
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV, as a PDF, to [email protected]. (We can only respond to applications with the requested experience.)
|Location||London and Los Angeles|
|Salary||£25,000, or local equivalent, plus bonus|
- Serve as the first point of contact for all Smith members
- Handle multiple member services queries simultaneously via phone, email, live chat and social forums with flair and personality
- Answer after-sales and membership queries and provide the highest level of customer service to members
- Provide a travel-concierge service to members before, after and during their trips
- Manage complaints for any OB bookings, ensuring Smith always puts the member first
- Maintain service-level averages by responding to all interactions with members in a timely and effective manner
- Where required, support the Smith24 sales team by assisting prospective customers with their travel queries
- Handle live chat and typeforms for all members
- Proactively sell Smith Get a Room gift vouchers and memberships
- Manage a portfolio of properties to ensure we have rate parity across our collection
- Availability to work on a full-time basis on a rotating-shift schedule, incorporating seven days a week from 7am to 5pm
- Ability to remain calm and positive under pressure
- Must be highly organised with an efficient personality
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Confidence when working in a dynamic environment
- Mature outlook, professional attitude and team-oriented approach
- Ability to analyse and resolve difficult situations diplomatically
- Passion for customer service
- Experience working in a hotel or at a travel agency
Fluency in other languages, particularly European
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV, as a PDF, to [email protected]. (We can only respond to applications with the requested experience, and applicants must be eligible to work in Singapore.)
Temp Credit Controller
Mr & Mrs Smith began life in 2003 with two adventurous hotel lovers (our real-life Mr and Mrs: James and Tamara Lohan) and has evolved into a global travel club with a million like-minded members in more than 100 countries.
Over 1.5 million members in more than 100 countries around the world currently use Mr & Mrs Smith, supported by Smith24 – a 24/7 booking and member support service run by 45 specialists based in London, New York, Singapore and Los Angeles.
We are looking for a full-time credit controller to be based in our Shepherd’s Bush office initially on a three-month contract. Interviewing as soon as possible with an immediate start, paying £11-£12 p/h.
Our ideal candidate will have some form of experience in credit control and have a good working knowledge of excel.
- Following up on outstanding payments by email and telephone
- Monitoring and handling all invoice-related queries
- Maximising cash flow through expedient query resolution and written and verbal communication
- Ensuring debts are paid within terms
- Allocating cash receipts in Google Docs and Sage
- Managing customer ledgers
- Ensuring highly accurate records are maintained
- Performing ad hoc tasks as required
If you feel you could fulfil these duties, are available immediately and the idea of joining a prestigious travel brand appeals to you then please apply today.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] as soon as possible.-------
The boutique hotel experts at Mr & Mrs Smith are on the hunt for a creative and detail-oriented assistant to join the tight-knit editorial team in our Shepherd’s Bush office.
It’s a great opportunity for an ambitious and organised would-be editor to start their career in the travel industry and continue gaining experience as an excellent editorial all-rounder. Travel opportunities will initially be limited, but with time and experience this may become an essential facet of the role.
- Using our in-house CMS extensively to update the Smith site
- Conducting editorial research
- Ensuring all content is consistent and meets house-style guidelines
- Proof-reading and fact-checking boutique hotel overviews and insider guides to global destinations
- Some writing opportunities
- Wit, enthusiasm and obsessively accurate attention to detail
- A proven interest in and gift for language, with a fastidious approach to grammar, syntax and spelling
- The capacity to work autonomously, and an independent attitude to problem-solving
- An understanding of what makes a great boutique hotel
- Familiarity with Google Drive would be great
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] as soon as possible.
Hotel and villa partnerships intern
|Salary||Lunch and travel allowance|
Mr & Mrs Smith is looking for an intern to assist the hotel partnerships team for three months. The role is based in our London office.
- Checking competitor sites, as well as hotels’ own sites, to maintain and improve our rates and offers
- Assisting the partnerships team in cross-referencing images for new hotels, ensuring all files meet our requirements
- Sourcing and logging new pictures for existing hotels, working with the art department to make sure changes are made on time
- Monitoring and logging marketing initiatives for our collection of hotels across all markets
- Checking new hotel launches to optimise location, images and key selling points after checks by staff
- Following up with hotels for missing reviewer vouchers
- Contacting hotels who haven’t completed necessary forms, making sure there are no obstacles to completion
- Updating hotel contact information in Salesforce
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team and prioritise a busy workload
- Attention to detail, promptness and accuracy
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Microsoft Office (Excel proficiency is a must), and quick adoption of new systems
- A keen eye for style and design
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV, as a PDF, to Jenny Mouyon as soon as possible. (We can only respond to applications with the requested experience.)
Internships at Mr & Mrs Smith
Mr & Mrs Smith has ongoing internship programmes for UK residents in a number of departments at our London office, and we’re always interested in hearing from bright, motivated and travel-savvy students and graduates eager to dip their toes in the boutique-hotel world.
Placements are available in the following departments:
Our small but versatile design department has a 2–3-month internship available for a bright, organised and visually orientated intern interested in gaining experience of working with large-scale image libraries. The role may involve assisting our picture editor in requesting, selecting and uploading images of the world's most spectacular hotels for Smith's assorted websites. If you've a great eye, good written and communication skills, an organised approach and some experience of Photoshop, please get in touch.
We are on the hunt for a motivated applicant to join Smith's commercial department for a two-month full-time placement. The role would best suit someone who is detail-focused, tech-confident and interested in gaining insight into the travel industry
The succesful applicant will help contribute to the smooth operation of the commercial team, with particular focus on maintaining Mr & Mrs Smith's competitiveness in price and availability online. For this, excellent communication by email and phone and strong interpersonal skills are required. Other tasks may include assistance in research of curation trips, which entails mapping prospective hotels as well as gaining information on their suitability for the collection.
Our busy online marketing department is looking for interns who can commit to a minimum of two months, either full-time or part-time. Working at the vangard of marketing technology, you'll be assisting with our global paid-search accounts, as well as undertaking research and competitor analysis. This internship will give you a broad understanding of key online marketing channels and insight into how successful campaigns are built. We need someone who isn't afraid of spreadsheets and working with data, and the internship would be perfect for someone looking to forge a career in this exciting and rapidly growing area.
This internship, lasting two to three months, gives you the chance to work alongside our boutique hotel experts, at the frontline of Mr & Mrs Smith. You will be representing our brand to our members, assisting with taking calls, be actively involved with our online booking service, delivering our highly regarded after-sales service, and making sure every detail is taken care of so that our members are guaranteed the perfect Smith stay.
We’re on the prowl for someone who’s enthusiastic, friendly and looking for all-round office experience. Duties will include helping with picture editing, answering and redirecting calls, arranging meetings and general office administration: updating databases, keeping track of stock and ensuring the day-to-day maintenance of the Smith office. There’ll also be plenty of opportunities to meaningfully assist other departments.
If you’re interested in any of the interning opportunities above, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and availability to [email protected], specifying which role you are applying for in the subject line.