Fully remote - Company based London, UK
In under two decades Mr & Mrs Smith has grown from a cult guidebook to the travel club for hotel lovers with over 1.3 million members. The role of Data Engineer is key to the next phase of Mr & Mrs Smith’s growth as we continue to curate the world’s most desirable hotel collection.
Someone who is always looking to stay ahead of the curve both technically and professionally. Has the tenacity and grit to roll up their sleeves and get stuck into problem solving and create solutions that add value.
This is a Data Engineer role in an AWS online cloud-hosted environment. Mostly remote but the ideal candidate will be able to travel to London for team working / company events, quarterly. Reporting into the Head of Data and working closely with our Data Analyst, this role will be very technical and will be key to shaping how data is used to improve member experience at Mr & Mrs Smith as we grow and scale.
• Proven experience in AWS specifically for a data / analytics teams - (e.g DWH optimisation)
• Experienced in SQL and a data language - (preferably Python)
• Experience of integrating data from multiple data sources
• Sound experience in various traditional, new and disruptive data technologies including core technical concepts - (e.g relational, NoSQL datastores, streaming)
•Excellent communication skills - (e.g business requirements gathering and improving the usability of data)
• Keen interest in automation and IaC - e.g. Terraform
• Advanced knowledge and experience in BI Tools e.g Looker - (Reporting / Administering)
• Familiar with Production ML workloads (Statistics, Data Modelling, MetaData etc )
• Designing, developing and the prototyping of datasets, algorithms and experiments.
• Experienced in Data Cataloging, Data Quality or similar tooling.
Including but not limited to:
AWS Redshift, Athena, Spectrum, MySQL, Lambda, SQS
Matillion, Airflow, Snowplow
Docker, Kubernetes and terraform
You will be working as a member of an amazing team developing our technology. It is important that you support the company's highly agile development environment by applying creative and independent thinking to complete project objectives.
As a member of the data team, you will contribute to the development effort by developing high-quality software components using the company's architectural stack.