Style Off-piste chic
Setting Blue skies and snow-drifts
Chalet Blanchot is a beautiful new chalet in the Belvedere enclave of Courchevel, which combines tranquil and stylish surroundings with the largest ski area in the Alps. The spa and cinema room are ideal for unwinding after a long day, while the living and dining room are chic and cosy spaces to relax in. Sleeping up to 10 adults and two children, the chalet offers excellent services, too. An accomplished chalet chef is available on request to prepare gourmet evening meals, and a chalet manager with a wealth of resort knowledge is on hand to offer advice and assistance.
Need to know
- Rates information From €10,000 to €22,000 a week for exclusive use of the chalet.
- Ideal for Seclusion and instant access to the slopes, but with close proximity to Courchevel’s razzamatazz, too.
- Sleeps 10 guests in four ensuite bedrooms and a mezzanine, plus two children in a bunk room.
- Minimum hire One week, normally starting on Friday, although rental periods and start dates vary slightly throughout the season. Three- or four-night stays may be possible outside of high season, so it’s worth asking.
- Children Welcome. Cots can be provided on request. The mezzanine bedroom is well-suited for kids. There’s also a children’s bunk room sleeping two. In-chalet childcare can be organised and children’s ski lessons can be arranged by the chalet manager.
- Booking process Smith deposit taken when you book. A 25 per cent non-refundable deposit is required with the balance due 60 days before arrival.
- Also A Sony Vaio laptop and a Sony PlayStation 2 with a selection of games can be pre-booked. There is WiFi access throughout the chalet and the TV has a full Sky package.
- Chalet Blanchot is a perfect blend of contemporary and classic styles, and uses natural materials and muted tones to create a relaxing atmosphere. Bedrooms are small and cosy – ideal for the Alps in winter.
Bedroom 1: On the ground floor, this double/twin bedroom is pine-panelled and has an en-suite bathroom of blue-grey stone. There’s access onto the terrace outside.
Bedroom 2: Similarly, this room is a twin or double and has an en-suite bathroom.
Bedroom 3: Also with access out onto the terrace, this double bedroom has an en-suite bathroom, too.
Bunk room: Suitable for two children, the bunk room has its own en-suite shower room.
Master bedroom: This double/twin bedroom faces away from the piste. It has an en-suite shower and bath.
Mezzanine bedroom: Underneath the eaves is the mezzanine bedroom, which has a low sloping ceiling. It’s best suited to children or can be used as a separate TV room. As well as the flatscreen TV, it also has PlayStation2. This room is not en suite.
- Kitchen Fully equipped with a Gaggenau hob and fridge, marble work surfaces, an ice maker and a Krup coffee machine. You can hire Chalet Blanchot on a self-catering basis or hire a chef for as many evenings as you like.
- Living room A rustic-style space that uses natural, soft fabrics to create a perfect sense of warmth and comfort. There’s a large flatscreen TV next to the leather armchairs and a library of DVDs is provided. The living room opens up onto the balcony.
- Dining room The dining table, between the fireplace and the balcony, seats 10. It offers views over the slopes.
- Private parking There’s an indoor parking space and an outdoor covered space, too.
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Chalet Blanchot
An upgrade to vintage champagne with canapés on arrival and a 10 per cent discount on any meals at the nearby Le Portetta hotel.
In the know
Eating and drinking
The dining table comfortably seats 10 – and there’s a further table on the balcony which means you can dine outside if you wish. Fresh bread and croissants are delivered every morning and the price also includes afternoon tea. Guests are welcomed with a Champagne and canapé reception. A private chef or a shopping service can be arranged, depending whether you choose the catered or self-catering option, and there is a chargeable chalet bar and wine cellar. Breakfast and afternoon tea are provided each day at Chalet Blanchot. It’s worth taking the opportunity to splash out on a chef to expertly prepare French cuisine for you.
Supermarket: The Casino supermarket is 100 metres downhill from the main Forum Centre in 1850 and has the widest choice of food and wine in Courchevel. The smaller Sherpa supermarket is in the Forum Centre itself. Deli: Chez le Gaulois at Le Forum in Courchevel has a extensive selection of regional specialities, including hams and cheeses, and a superb range of Cognac. Off-licence: For first-rate French wine and Champagne, head to Le Baricou on rue des Verdons (+33 (0)4 79 00 77 72).
There’s a stereo in the main living and dining room, and also in the cinema room on the lower ground floor. The chalet manager can arrange a wide range of in-chalet services, including massage and beauty therapies.
Chalet staff, including two drivers, a chef and a chalet manager. Egyptian bed linen, towels and luxury toiletries are also included, as well as fresh flowers, newspapers and firewood delivered daily.
If you want to look the part in Courchevel bring this season’s fashions – not last year’s.