Witt Istanbul Suites
Style Haute-design hotel
Setting Cihangir's hipster hubbub
Conceived in 2008, Witt Istanbul Suites is a genuine design haven. Once the Turkish headquarters of Ogilvy and Mather, it’s been nipped, tucked and stylishly reshaped into one of the city’s most smart and spacious stays, thanks to Wallpaper*-endorsed designer darlings, Autoban. Huge rooms, marble kitchenettes, Ross Lovegrove bathrooms and sassy modern furniture all make for the perfect pied-à-terre.
Need to know
- Rooms 17, and three penthouse suites. Three rooms have sea views.
Double rooms from $309.94 (€240), excluding tax at 8 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€240) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Library, DVD/CD selection, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, iPod dock, kitchenette with microwave, kettle and Nespresso machine, minibar. All beds are king-size.
- Check-out Midday, but later may be possible, depending on availability.
- Children The hotel's not ideal for children, and extra beds aren't a possibility, although cots are available for babies.
Food and drink at Witt Istanbul Suites
- Hotel restaurant The hotel serves a Turkish breakfast buffet every morning, but you’ll have to take advantage of the numerous excellent eateries in the nearby area for lunch and dinner.
- Dress code Relaxing diplomat – slinky suits and cocktail dresses.
- Top table Grab a steaming mug of the hotel’s divine hot chocolate and curl up on a sofa in the lobby beside the bookshelves.
- Last orders Breakfast is served between 7.30am and 11am, but drinks (tea, coffee, wine and spirits) are available from the lobby 24 hours a day.
- Room service You can order breakfast in your room, and the drinks menu is available at any time.
- Hotel bar A soft jazz soundtrack permeates the lobby area, a relaxing, informal space decorated with wood laser-cut into floral patterns, low lime-green armchairs and cosy sofas.
Witt Istanbul Suites Defterdar Yokusu No:26, Cihangir, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey, 34433
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Witt Istanbul Suites
A welcome drink and basket of fresh fruit on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
With sweeping views of Istanbul, the Bosphorus and the Black Sea, Sea View Suite 52 is the pick of the bunch, but 53 and 42 are also top spots, looking out over the river and the Topkapi palace. All the hotel’s suites cultivate a luxury-apartment feel, thanks to superbly equipped kitchens, hi-tech Marmara marble bathrooms created by design wizard Ross Lovegrove, each boasting an indulgent five shower heads (but no bath), and oodles of space.
Bring your swimsuit – although the Witt Suites doesn’t have a pool, you can soak up the sun in secrecy on your balcony, if you have one.
Thai massage and reflexology treatments are also available.