Style Idiosyncratic rural retreat
Setting Wild woodland, perfect pastures
If it’s peace, quiet and rustic style you’re after, then Winvian, a beautiful, 113-acre boutique resort in Connecticut, ticks all boxes. And there’s not a hint of tweeness in sight. The 18 cottages that surround an antique-filled, colonial-style farmhouse all have their own individual design scheme – from fairytale woodland to whimsical helicopter interior.
Need to know
- Rooms 19 cottages.
Double rooms from $650.00, excluding tax at 14.44 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 11.56% per booking on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($650) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include daily breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, gym, beauty treatments, CD/DVD library, free WiFi, laundry service, valet parking. In rooms: king-size bed, flatscreen TV, CD player, DVD player, iPod and iPod dock, free WiFi, open fireplace, underfloor heating, Nespresso coffee system.
- Check-out 11am. Check-in, 3pm.
- Children Under-fives stay free. There’s a charge of US$250 a night for under-12s and US$550 a night for under-18s. Extra beds and baby cots are available, and babysitting can be arranged for US$20 an hour. The restaurant offers a children’s menu.
- Also Pets are allowed at the resort. Winvian has three pet-friendly cottages: 'Greenhouse', 'Connecticut Yankee' and 'Stone'.
Food and drink at Winvian
- Hotel restaurant The Winvian Restaurant serves up delicious Italian- and French-inspired cuisine against a traditional fine-dining backdrop of white tablecloths and fresh flowers. Chef Chris Eddy learnt his trade under Alain Ducasse.
- Dress code Smart country casual.
- Top table Ask for a table by the window, so you can soak up the gorgeous views while you wait for your starter.
- Last orders 9pm in the restaurant; the honesty bar stays open all night.
- Room service 9am till late. Sandwiches, charcuterie, cheeses and afternoon tea are available once the kitchen closes.
- Hotel bar The casual Vivian’s Pantry Bar and the Games Room Bar only really get busy just before dinner.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Winvian 155 Alain White Road, Morris, Litchfield Hills, Connecticut 06763
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Winvian
A US$50 credit at Winvian's spa.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
As all of the cottages at Winvian are individually designed, your favourite will no doubt come down to personal taste. We loved ‘Helicopter’, based on a Connecticut Coastguard chopper, which is unbelievably bold and outrageous.
Bring plenty of warm and waterproof clothes – you’ll want to get out and explore the 113 acres of surrounding woodland. Leave wellies, snowshoes, and cross-country skis at home, though. All are provided free of charge at Winvian.
The ‘Charter Oak’ cottage has an oak tree growing up through the middle of it.
From the Guestbook…
Our time at the Winvian was a wonderful post-holiday escape. We had a gluttonous dinner at the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed testing our shuffleboard skills in the Games Room ...more