Vomo Island Resort
Style Mod Pacificiana
Setting Peak-topped Vomo Island
Set on a dinky, crocodile-shaped island in the easy-to-reach Mamanucas, jaw-dropping Vomo Island Resort in Fiji offers pure shores, a crystal-clear sea and a second mini isle for romantic picnics. Sleekly designed with stylish local touches, it's also that rare thing: a sophisticated Fijian escape that seamlessly integrates children into its seductive setting. Dive, snorkel, hike up the hill or ogle Hawksbill turtles in the hotel's marine nursery.
Need to know
- Rooms 30, including two multi-room villas.
Double rooms from $842.45 (FJD1,542), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (FJD1,542) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include à la carte breakfast, all meals, non-alcoholic drinks and minibar, fruit and a bottle of wine on arrival, laundry service, non-motorised watersports, sunset canapés in the bar, weekly meke performance and hosted cocktail party.
- Facilities Senikai Spa, nine-hole golf course, tennis, volleyball and badminton courts, croquet, gym, watersports, gardens, Chiefly Bure with computer, TV, DVD and book library, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: CD player, iPod dock, minibar, L'Occitane toiletries, outdoor deck and dining area. The larger three-bedroom Royal Villa and four-bed Residence both have cable TV, a DVD player, kitchen and a private pool.
- Poolside The sleek, spacious outdoor pool is flanked by Vomo's Reef Restaurant and Vuda Bar with inviting contemporary loungers for soaking up sun and sea views, and chic white parasols if you need shade.
- Check-out 11am; check-in, 2pm, both flexible subject to availability.
- Children Welcome: Vomo provides free baby cots and extra beds for older children are covered by their food charge. Babysitting costs FJ$11 an hour, with an hour's notice required, and there's a crèche during Australasian school holidays. More...
- Also A minimum five-night stay applies from 20 December 2012 to 5 January 2013. Smoking is allowed at the hotel; pets are not. Transfer costs from main island Viti Levu to Vomo Island are not included in rates.
Food and drink at Vomo Island Resort
Stylish Reef Restaurant is set around the hotel's sleek, linear pool with soothing sea views and a choice of covered or open-air dining. South African-born head chef Geoffrey Crabbe whips up a daily-changing, modern à la carte menu, with impressive local and international dishes such as Denarau mud crab and delicious chocolate fondant. Sip on complimentary soft drinks and juices during meal times, or order a tipple off the global wine list. Vomo's fusion take on Fijian cuisine is featured on some nights, and a local band supplies the sounds.
- Dress code Go glam. There's a hip Sydney feel to this dining pad, especially when it's illuminated by candles at night. Elegant labels and heels won't feel out of place.
- Top table Bag a table poolside or nearest the sea for the best views. For serious people-watching, perch near the bar. Private dining options around the island are only limited by your imagination, so don't be afraid to ask.
- Last orders Dinner is served at Reef from 7pm to 9.30pm; Vuda Bar keeps pouring all day until the same cut-off.
- Room service Available during restaurant hours, with a FJ$10 service fee for all deliveries.
Vomo spoils you with not one, but two sexy bars. We love the Rocks Sunset Bar, which offers what it says on the tin – a stylish ringside seat for quaffing cocktails (or 'Rocktails') at sunset with dreamy views over nearby Vomo Lailai island. An airy, laid-back lounging den, it's perched in a secluded, beachside spot at the western end of the island and opens from 5pm to 7pm nightly. After that, repair to main watering-hole Vuda Bar, beside Reef Restaurant and the pool. Pose on a stool by the colour-changing bar, or relax in come-hither seating on the deck. Lounge tunes keep the mood chilled.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Vomo Island Resort Vomo Island, Fiji, Nadi, Fiji
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Vomo Island Resort
A private beachside dinner for two
Offers at Vomo Island Resort
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All Vomo's digs are dreamy, with simple mod-Fijian styling, ensuite showers and spa baths. If views are your bag, aim for the lofty, more private Hillside Villas. We like the ocean-hugging Beachfront Villas best though, with outdoor dining decks and sunloungers just a sashay from the sea. Families or friends can take their pick from the luxe three-bedroom Royal Villa or four-bedroom Residence, which both boast kitches and private pools.
Snorkellers should bring a rash shirt to avoid sub-aqua sun-burn or scrapes. Landlubbers, pack trainers for island walks or hitting the tennis court.
To rev up the romance, book a private picnic on the button-cute beach of secluded sister island Vomo Lailai, just two minutes away by boat. Staff will drop you off for a few hours with a gourmet picnic, chilled drinks and a two-way radio. Just call when you want to come 'home' or swim back.