Victoria's at Wategos
Style Classical Tuscan villa
Setting Coastal tropical valley
Elegant Tuscan-style boutique hotel Victoria's at Wategos is set amid lush tropical gardens beside beautiful Wategos beach, perfect for soaking up Byron Bay's laidback coastal life. Located two kilometres east of town just below the Cape Byron lighthouse, its pretty, European look and feminine charms will bring out the romantic in anyone.
Need to know
- Rooms 10, including one suite.
Double rooms from $355.88 (AU$363), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (AU$363) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Breakfast is extra, at AU$35 a person. Minimum two-night stays apply at weekends (more during special events). Check-out 10am. Check-in, 2.30pm, but both flexible subject to availability.
- Facilities CD/DVD and book library, surfboards, surf skis, binoculars for whale watching, spa treatments. In rooms: TV, DVD/CD player, free WiFi, minibar.
- Poolside There's a sleek, 16-metre-long heated lap pool, surrounded by classical colonades, outdoors.
- Check-out 10am. Check-in, 2.30pm, but both flexible subject to availability.
- Children This hotel doesn’t cater for kids – opt for a liberating adult break instead.
- Also There's a minimum stay of two nights at weekends, three on long weekends or during special events, and five at Easter, Christmas and in January. Smoking is allowed on bedroom balconies or on the hotel's public terraces.
Food and drink at Victoria's at Wategos
Victoria’s doesn’t have a restaurant, but a full breakfast is served 8.30am–9.30am on the terrace by the pool. You can also pick up gourmet picnic hampers, if you fancy seaside snacking, and freshly baked treats for tea. In the evening, canapés, a seafood platter or barbecue hamper can be made to order, or the hotel can direct you to recommended places to eat nearby.
- Dress code A vibrant kaftan and metallic flip-flops for evening (conjure Elizabeth Taylor in the sexy Seventies); stylish swimming costume or yoga kit by day.
- Top table Head for the romantic poolside terrace for drinks or snacks with a soothing mix of chill-out music.
- Room service Breakfast and light meals are available between 8.30am and 5.30pm.
There’s no bar, but minibars come fully stocked, champagne is served at breakfast and a decanter of port awaits you in your room.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Victoria's at Wategos 1 Marine Parade, Wategos Beach, Byron Bay, NSW 2481
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Victoria's at Wategos
Tropical fruit platter and a bottle of Australian sparkling wine on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The best room depends on your preferred view – request pool and gardens or vistas up towards Cape Byron Lighthouse. The Executive Spa Rooms are the most spacious, with king-size beds. All bedrooms have a floaty, feminine feel, with fairy-tale four-posters, antique French-style dressing tables and chairs, chaise longues, muted cream curtains and white walls. Bathrooms are luxe marble with spa baths set between pillars, and pale coral stone floors.
Stylish swimming costume, sneakers for walking to Cape Byron lighthouse, your yoga mat – Byron Bay is a centre for alternative therapies and all things New Age.
At Victoria’s you can play boules on the lawn or just wander the pretty tropical garden, which includes a water feature with rocks and lilypads – and a gentle, petite pet goanna.