V Boutique Hotel
Style Very Moorish
Setting Hilltop pueblo blanco
Situated in the beautiful hilltop village of Vejer de la Frontera, from which you can enjoy amazing views of the surrounding countryside and windswept beaches – as well as the Moroccan skyline across the water – V Boutique Hotel is a stunning, 17th-century mansion with tajine-loads of Moorish charm. With just 12 rooms, it makes the ideal intimate place to escape back to after days of sunbathing and kite-surfing on the nearby Costa de la Luz. And, as its airy rooms are decorated in a riot of colour schemes, and furnished with an idiosyncratic mix of modern and antique furniture, you’ll never siesta anywhere more captivating.
Need to know
- Rooms 12, divided into Classic Room, Superior Room and Exclusive Room categories.
Double rooms from $255.55 (€199), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€199) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- Facilities DVD library, free WiFi, laundry service, rooftop Jacuzzi, spa and beauty treatments on request. In rooms: flatscreen TVs, DVD player, minibar, underfloor heating, Kama Ayurveda toiletries, bathrobe and slippers.
- Poolside There is no pool at V – but the inviting waters of the Atlantic Ocean are only five minutes’ drive away.
- Check-out Midday. Check-in, 3pm.
- Children The hotel is not suitable for children between two and 12 years old, though cribs can be supplied for babies.
Food and drink at V Boutique Hotel
The hotel has no restaurant, and only breakfast is available (although tapas and salads are sometimes available on request).
- Dress code Light shirts and airy trousers – maybe a cashmere jumper for when it gets cooler later on.
- Top table Enjoy a light bite up on the roof terrace – where there’s also an honesty bar – and take in the views of Morocco on the other side of the water.
- Last orders The honesty bars get locked at 11pm.
- Room service Tapas is available between 7am and 11pm.
There is no bar as such, though guests often congregate on sofas in the cosy saloon, where they can get drinks from an honesty bar and relax to a soft jazz and lounge soundtrack.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
V Boutique Hotel 11–13 Calle Rosario, Vejer de la Frontera, Cadiz Province, Cadiz, 11150
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at V Boutique Hotel
A small bottle of cava in your room
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All rooms at V Boutique Hotel are beautiful – so there’s no need to worry about being stuck with the chamber that no one wants. Our absolute favourites, though, are rooms 10 and 11. The former, the only room with a terrace, has wonderful views over the hills and down to the ocean, while the latter has high ceilings and a mezzanine level that acts as the ideal sitting area. Its enormous windows and well-chosen antique furniture are real selling points, too.
Take a surfer-style hoodie to protect you from the levante winds that occasionally sweep down from the north. And make sure you pack a parasol or two – many of the beaches in the area are completely unspoilt, and devoid of sunbed hire.