Style Colourful, cordial guesthouse
Setting Mountain-view Oranjezicht
‘Bold use of colour’ is usually synonymous with ‘eye-sickening clashes’, but not at hotel 22. Each of this boutique bed and breakfast’s four rooms have been uniquely styled with a colour palette that could be dangerous in the wrong hands, but here works a harmonious modern magic.
Need to know
- Rooms Four.
Double rooms from $192.99 (ZAR1,842), excluding tax at 14 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (ZAR1,842) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout; visiting masseuse. In rooms: TV, DVD player, iPod – compatible Tivoli Audio sound system, La Companie de Provence Marseille toiletries.
- Poolside Like 22 itself, the pool is small (14 metres) but stylishly formed, with cosy loungers set up on the lawns beside it, and sofas and coffee tables at one end – perfect for card games, leafing through the papers or just dozing in the sunshine.
- Check-out Midday, although both early check-in and late check-out can be arranged, subject to availability.
- Children 22 is very much a couples’ hideaway.
- Also There’s no smoking throughout, although three rooms have balconies or terraces you can smoke on. Pets are not allowed – Monty the cat gets jealous.
- Hotel closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Food and drink at Twentytwo
- Hotel restaurant No restaurant; breakfast is usually served in the beautiful gardens, weather permitting.
- Dress code Whatever you like, from starched and stylish to fun and floaty.
- Room service 24-hour staff can bring you tea and coffee, etc, whenever and wherever you want.
- Hotel bar There’s an honesty bar and fridge in the extra-comfortable lounge area, where you can grab wine, beer or spirits, and sup or sip to your heart’s (or liver’s) content. The hotel’s even got it’s own 22-branded mineral water.
Twentytwo 22 Montrose Avenue, Oranjezicht, Cape Town, Western Cape, 8001
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Twentytwo
Cable car tickets to the top of Table mountain
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Although rooms 2 and 3 are the largest and most honeymoon-friendly, we got very excited about room 1, with its clever colour palette of pastel blue, accented with orange and umber. It also has a fabulous little sun deck – complete with comical plastic dog sculpture. Room 4 is the smallest, but, thanks to its corner window, has the biggest view: the mountains to one side, the Waterfront to the other.
Walking boots or decent trainers are always useful for traipsing Cape Town and exploring the environs – especially if you take advantage of owners Allan and Dominic’s personal trainer friend, who can take you on fitness-building mountain hikes.
22 can arrange temporary membership at a nearby gym, or spa treatments at a hotel in the vicinity. Allan and Dominic live on site and are generally on hand to help make your stay as pleasant as possible.
From the Guestbook…
What a great place to stay. The team could not be more friendly and helpful. Quite funky and huge choice of breakfast. Stayed in a clean and big room.more