Thompson Beverly Hills
Style Big Apple in LA
Setting Upmarket design district
A dash of East Coast sophistication in the heart of Los Angeles, the Thompson Beverly Hills is like the backdrop to a Helmut Newton photograph – all dark-toned 1970s-style and black-leather accessories. With a prime location close to Rodeo Drive, as well as a rooftop bar that screams – well, drawls – laid-back cool, it’s fast becoming a scene in its own right.
Need to know
- Rooms 107, including 12 suites.
Double rooms from $209.00, excluding tax at 15.2 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional room tax of 14% per room per night on check-out and an additional local city tax of 1.2% per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($209) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- Facilities Pool, gym, spa and beauty treatments on request, valet parking, laundry service, WiFi (US$15 for 24 hours). In rooms: king-size beds, Sferra bedlinen, minibar, flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod and iPod dock, air-conditioning, Ren toiletries, Sferra bathrobes.
- Poolside Part of a two-level rooftop area, the heated outdoor pool, surrounded by sunloungers beneath citrus and olive trees, lies next to a cocktail bar that offers views of the whole city.
- Check-out 12 noon, though a later check-out can be arranged (subject to availability). Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children There are no facilities for children at the hotel: leave them at home, and treat yourself to a weekend à deux.
- Also Pets are not allowed at the Thompson Beverly Hills.
Food and drink at Thompson Beverly Hills
With art deco overtones and ivory, toirtoiseshell and ebony accents, Caulfield's serves up a modern medley of classic Americana, bistro-style. Named after JD Salinger's rebellious idealist Holden, the restaurant has a comfort-food focus on market-fresh produce, artisan wines and home-made desserts. Our favourite dishes include the whole grilled branzino, thick-cut steaks and toad-in-the-hole.
- Dress code Think smart and black; the scene is far more NY than LA.
- Top table Ask for one of the banquettes at the back of the restaurant – they’re the most conducive to people-watching and snuggling.
- Last orders The last steak is grilled at 11pm; but drinks are poured til 2am in the bars.
- Room service Guests can order from a snack menu 24 hours a day.
Buzzing most nights, and particularly between Wednesday and Saturday, both the Lounge and the rooftop ABH serve up cocktails till 2am to a well-heeled hipster crowd of members and hotel guests. DJs create a laid-back, loungey atmosphere with a creative selection of jazz, funk and hip-hop tunes.
Thompson Beverly Hills 9360 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California 90212
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Thompson Beverly Hills
A bottle of wine in your room on arrival
Offers at Thompson Beverly Hills
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For an absolute blowout, we love the huge Penthouse suite, which comes with a smoky-tinged glass eight-seater table, an infinity pool-style Jacuzzi and 1970s black leather Danish chairs. We also adore the rooms on the east side of the hotel, which offer great views of the Hollywood sign and the mountains beyond.
Bring some dark and sophisticated underwear to recreate your favourite Helmut Newton poses against the sultry backdrop of the rooms.
Staff are nattily turned out in bespoke uniforms by Jenni Kayne in collaboration with super-stylist Rachel Zoe. Try to steal one.