Style Multi-cultural colonial mansion
Setting Jimbaran coconut grove
Snuggled into the beachside mangroves of Jimbaran in southern Bali, The Shaba has boldly chosen to put all its eggs in one gorgeously designed colonial-mansion hotel. With only three rooms, you're guaranteed fabulous service – from the hands of your own butler. Weathered teak patina flooring gives way to Indian tile around the pillared courtyard, where a stone fountain shaped like an upturned bell bubbles away soothingly and hanging lanterns sway romantically from the sloped terracotta roof. It's a magical and, more importantly, utterly private place.
Need to know
- Rooms Three: two en suite deluxe rooms and a master suite. If you want you can rent the whole villa (as a three-suite piece, so to speak).
Double rooms from $250.00, excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($250) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast, afternoon tea and one-way airport transfer.
- Facilities Full butler service, spa, library, DVD/CD selection, free WiFi throughout, billiard table. In rooms: plasma TV, DVD player, Bose sound system, pre-loaded iPod, bespoke Banyu Spa toiletries.
- Poolside Decked with chunky teak and adorned with vast double sun beds, the area beside the 18-metre lap pool is made for lounging over cocktails, or even dinner – there's a full dining table too.
- Check-out Midday. Later check-out can be arranged, subject to availability.
- Children Under-12s stay free; extra beds can be provided for older children at US$75 a night. Children's menus, packed lunches and high chairs are available from the restaurant and babysitting can be organised for US$3 an hour.
- Also The Shaba has a fleet of bicycles available for exploring the village and environs, but if pedal power proves a turn off, it can arrange a horse and cart.
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day (Day of Silence), although stays are still possible. Bali’s airport also closes for the day.
Food and drink at The Shaba
- Hotel restaurant A global smorgasbord of dishes with a southeast Asian bias is served at Asam Garam, the Shaba's irresistibly rustic restaurant. The curry-marinated scallops and five spice crème brûlée are particular triumphs.
- Dress code Relaxed but rarefied.
- Top table Plump for the poolside dining table for starlit-sky, moonlight-on-the-water romance levels.
- Last orders Asam Garam closes at 10pm and the butlers go off duty at 11pm, but the villa kitchen is open 24-hours a day so you'll never be short of snacking opportunities.
- Room service Your butler is on hand between 6am and 11pm to perform every feasible request.
- Hotel bar The bar at Shaba is nowhere and everywhere; your butler can rustle you up a cocktail wherever you wish. Try the signature Shaba, a fruity champagne affair.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
The Shaba Jalan Uluwatu, Gang Gigit Sari, Jimbaran, Bali, 80361
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Shaba
A 30-minute massage each; plus a bottle of champagne for stays of two nights or more
Current offers at The Shaba
Offers at The Shaba
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Each of the Shaba's three rooms radiates colonial glamour. The two Deluxe Rooms are positioned on either side of the central courtyard, opposite the stone fountain. At the head of the courtyard, the vast Master Suite shares its fellow rooms' 12-foot ceilings, freestanding claw-foot baths and antique teak floors. Expect Venetian mirrors, weathered wooden furniture, and calming, coconut-grove views.
From bikes to beach bags, the hotel can provide almost anything you're likely to need – even sarongs, sandals and sun hats for mooching by the pool.
The Henna Spa is set above a lotus pond and offers an array of tantalising treatments, including massages for adults and children, flower baths, and manicures. Go for the three-hour Traditional Royal Ritual treatment if you're feeling indulgent.