Style Secluded tropical retreat
Setting Hidden gardens of Khao Lak
Not far from Phuket and the eminently explorable coastline of Phang Nga, The Sarojin is a secluded boutique resort that strives to satisfy every wish and whim. With 10 acres of trimmed and tailored tropical gardens surrounding its ancient ficus tree, this extravagant hotel offers pampered privacy against a beautiful leafy backdrop.
Need to know
- Rooms 56 suites, in seven different buildings.
Double rooms from $166.46 (THB5,139), excluding tax at 18.7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB5,139) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, unless otherwise specified
- Facilities Spa, Jacuzzi, fitness centre, croquet lawn, petanque pitch, library, boutique, free WiFi throughout, free shuttle to Khao Lak, charter boat. In rooms: TV, CD and DVD player, espresso machine.
- Poolside Fringed with palm-trees and manicured lawns, the turquoise-tiled infinity pool’s focal point is the pavilion islands, each with sun-loungers and removable roof.
- Check-out Midday, although later check-out is possible, subject to availability.
- Children Over-10s are welcome; extra beds are THB4,500 a night. Babysitting can be arranged.
- Also A seven-night minimum stay is required over the Christmas period.
Food and drink at The Sarojin
The Sarojin has two. The Edge is a cosy seafood shack where you can enjoy seaviews and sand underfoot. Amid the hanging roots of the enormous fig tree, Ficus fuses international cuisine with spicy oriental flavours. If you really want to push the boat out, arrange a sunset cruise on the Lady Sarojin, followed by candlelit dinner for two on your own private island.
- Dress code Chilled to perfection.
- Top table Humidity-haters should head indoors at Ficus for air-conditioned respite. Incurable romantics should take advantage of the private barbecue that the Sarojin can arrange anywhere in the resort.
- Last orders The restaurants stop serving at 10pm; the bar stays open as long as you're in there.
- Hotel bar Tucked under the fig tree, the open-air Cellar Bar plies guests with wine and cigars. Make sure you get to sample a sparkling Champagne Sarojin cocktail.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
The Sarojin 60, Moo 2, Kukkak, Takuapa, Phang Nga, Thailand, 82190
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Sarojin
A 60-minute Thai massage for two people, to be taken within 48 hours of arrival
Offers at The Sarojin
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We like the Sarojin Suites, with their enormous onyx bathing pools sunk into the terraces – perfect for a late-night cocktail while soaking under the stars. All suites offer plenty of space and are decorated in simple and soothing white and warm woods. The huge bathrooms are an unexpected pleasure: the oval terazzo couple's bath tub set on a pebbled floor adds a relaxing garden feel.
The hotel can provide mountain bikes, kayaks and windsurfing kit – all you need to remember are sturdy shoes, stay-on swimwear and a taste for adventure.
The Sarojin has a full-time ‘imagineer’ who can put together a personalised itinerary for your stay, including elephant treks, scuba, deep-sea fishing and a host of other activities, ranging from simple sightseeing to white-knuckle thrills.
From the Guestbook…
The Sarojin has an additional area on the beach that is more secluded than that directly in front of the hotel. Turn right onto the beach... it's a lovely five-minute walk and you ...more