The Opposite House
Style Gleaming glass glamour
Setting Sanlitun urban village
A gorgeous glassy boutique hotel in the centre of Beijing’s glossy Sanlitun village development, The Opposite House is as appealing for its light and luxe rooms as it is for its two restaurants, with alluring design care of renowned Japanese architect Kengo Kuma. No need to go looking for the heart of the action – you’re staying in it.
Need to know
- Rooms 99, including the two-floor penthouse.
Double rooms from $374.87 (CNY2,300), excluding tax at 15 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (CNY2,300) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Two spa treatment rooms, gym, free WiFi throughout, valet parking. In rooms: LCD TVs, Denon DVD/CD with iPod dock, French press, Ploh bed linen, rain showers and deep oak soaking tubs in bathrooms.
- Poolside The hotel has a 20-metre pool lined in striking stainless steel and illuminated with a ceiling of tiny lights.
- Check-out Midday (check-in, 2pm). Both are highly flexible, subject to availability.
- Children One child can stay free, and extra bed or baby cots can be supplied. There’s a kids’ menu in the Village Café.
- Also Some smoking rooms are available.
Food and drink at The Opposite House
With midnight blue walls and chocolate leather chairs, Sureño serves delectable Mediterranean dishes cooked in a wood-fired oven. The Village Café offers lunch-orientated lighter bites, with an international flavour.
- Dress code Preen/McQueen trapeze dresses if you're dining in Bei; add a jacket for Sureño.
- Top table By the windows or bag a banquette at Sureño; windowside at the Village Café for airy snacking.
- Last orders 24 hours.
- Room service Sureño opens for meals between noon and 10.30pm. The Village Café is open all day, until 11pm.
Sit on the ketchup-red low leather sofas at Mesh, the sexy lounge bar, and sip a cocktail or two.
The Opposite House The Opposite House, The Village, Building 1, No. 11 Sanlitun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing China, Beijing, China, 100027
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Opposite House
A glass of champagne each and a tapas selection at Mesh bar
Offers at The Opposite House
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Light, modern, and delightfully spacious, The Opposite House’s Studios are all uncluttered apartment-style suites. There are four grades of Studio – 45, 70, 95, and 115 – increasing in size as the numbers go up. The seven Studio 95s are our top choice (although the 115s come with the added bonuses of dining tables and Jacuzzis), as they feature balconies equipped with cosy Chinese day-beds. The huge penthouse has a fully fitted kitchen.
Bring a hearty (and discerning) appetite – to ensure you try the Opposite House’s eateries.
The hotel is built at the heart of the Village at Sanlitun, a massive open-plan complex of shops, restaurants, cafés and entertainment venues, so it’s very unlikely you’ll be stuck for things to do.
From the Guestbook…
A beautiful hotel – very well designed and very close to the famous Sanlitun Village (www.sanlitunvillage.com) area, where you’ll find shops, bars and restaurants. Ther...more