The Nam Hai
Style Seaside design shrine
Setting Iconic China Beach
As much an icon as its legendary location, China Beach boutique hotel The Nam Hai is a spa-equipped designer escape that has become a destination in itself. Beside the South China Sea, between the cultural hubs of Hoi An and Hué, the imperial influence is evident in its opulent-yet-zen ocean-view villas.
Need to know
- Rooms 100 villas, including 60 one-bedroom villas and 40 pool villas each with one to five bedrooms.
Double rooms from $550.00, excluding tax at 15.5 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($550) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Breakfast is extra at US$28 for adults or US$14 for children under 12.
- Facilities Spa, gym, health centre, yoga pavilion, tennis courts, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen cable TV, Bose sound system, multimedia player with preloaded movies, iPod dock, Panpuri toiletries, minibar, espresso machine.
- Poolside The temperature-controlled upper pool features artsy ceramic urns on plinths. Dropping down a level is a long, narrow lap pool for serious swimmers. Finally comes the definitive infinity pool blending into the ocean horizon.
- Check-out Noon, but flexible subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm, unless rooms become free earlier.
- Children Kids are welcome and will enjoy the pool villas if money is no object. Baby cots are free; extra beds cost US$35 a night. You can also convert the sofa to a bed for US$60 in a villa or US$120 in a pool villa. More...
- Also Guests staying in any of the Pool Villas enjoy Club Benefits, including free airport and local town transfers, butler service, free minibar items, daily breakfast, in-room afternoon tea and complimentary pre-dinner drinks and snacks.
Food and drink at The Nam Hai
- Hotel restaurant The Restaurant is another style icon. Mod international cuisine complements the delicious artistically presented Vietnamese dishes. The Beach Restaurant is perfect for a lazy lunch by the pool.
- Dress code Don’t forget the designer wear as this place is mode to the max.
- Top table Settle outdoors on a balmy night and try to score E4, a table with both pool and beach views. On honeymoon? Request a private gazebo for a beach barbecue. It'll work wonders for proposals, too.
- Last orders The main Restaurant is open for dinner from 6pm–10.30pm. During the day, the Beach Restaurant takes up the slack and serves lunches and light bites from 11am-5.30pm.
- Room service Available from 6am to 10.30pm, with a more limited night menu from 11pm to 6am.
- Hotel bar The Bar sits atop the restaurant and the outdoor terrace offers panoramic views over the pools. A sneaky insider trick is to order food at the bar terrace, as bar table E3 has the best views in the house.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
The Nam Hai Hamlet 1, Dien Duong Village, Dien Ban District, Hoi An, Quang Nam Province
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Nam Hai
A bottle of sparkling wine on arrival
Offers at The Nam Hai
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All designer dens are truly Zenic with romantic net-canopied platform beds flanked by divans and freestanding eggshell-lacquered baths opening up to private gardens and outdoor rain showers. The Beachfront Villas are particularly alluring thanks to instant access to China Beach and sexy sea views. 4010 and 4020 are closest to the infinity pool; 4030 is just one villa back from the waves, so is a cheap answer to the Beachfront Villa.
Bring your favourite clothes, particularly retro numbers you can’t find in the shops anymore, as Hoi An is the unofficial tailoring capital of Vietnam. Getting designer threads skillfully recreated is a cinch.
Heaven for sun lizards, the Nam Hai languishes on a pristine stretch of sand on China Beach. Just 8km down the road awaits the seductive charms of Hoi An. Wander the streets and spot kaleidoscopic influences from global traders who have made their home here. Golf fans can tee off at two-star courses nearby.
From the Guestbook…
The Nam Hai is overall an excellent place to unwind. The facilities, decor and landscaping are fantastic. In general, the service is top notch. Hoi An, a 10-minute drive from the h...more