The Inn of the Five Graces
Style East by Southwest
Setting Centre of old Santa Fe
Showcasing Santa Fe by way of the Silk Road, The Inn of the Five Graces hotel is a desert kaleidoscope of mosaics, hand-painted accents and the rich, boldly patterned fabrics that chic designer-owners find on trips around Asia. The result makes a stay in each courtyard-facing room feel like bedding down in a jewellery box of Southwestern and Far Eastern treasures.
Need to know
- Rooms 24, including 21 suites.
Double rooms from $450.00, excluding tax at 15.18 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($450) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include full breakfast, parking and soft drinks from the minibar.
- Facilities Spa, gym, CD/DVD library free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, minibar, free bottled water, coffee maker, Desert Blends Natural Earth bath products.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 4pm.
- Children Leave them at home. This hotel is best-suited to adults.
- Also Dogs are welcome for $75 a night in certain rooms; the hotel will greet Fido with treats, bowls, bedding and a kennel.
Food and drink at The Inn of the Five Graces
Each morning, full breakfast with your choice of dishes, including spicy huevos rancheros, French toast, yoghurt and fresh juices is served on site or in the courtyard. In the evenings dinner is served at 315 Restaurant & Wine Bar, just down the road. Chef Louis Moskow prepares mussels, steak frites, seared scallops and other French classics.
- Dress code Crisp and casual, with a bit of local turquoise if you have it.
- Top table Take a table closest to the doors to catch evening breezes.
- Last orders Santa Fe is early to bed and early to rise. Dinner is served from 5pm to 9pm, and breakfast starts at 7am.
- Room service The full breakfast and dinner menus are available for delivery to your room.
There is a bar at 315, which pours excellent wines. Take a cue from the Francophile soundtrack and order an earthy French red. The Burgundy selection is particularly strong.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
The Inn of the Five Graces 150 East De Vargas Street, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Inn of the Five Graces
Welcome gift from the chef, and 10 per cent off 315 Restaurant & Wine Bar, excluding alcohol
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The two-bedroom Luminaria House is the most lavish place on the grounds, with five fireplaces, two patios, brilliantly tiled bathrooms and a lapis ceiling with an orb-like red chandelier. Of Superior Suites, we like Jasmine, which has mountain views from its private balcony, a beautiful sandstone bathroom and a curtained bed that feels like a cocoon.
This is the land of Georgia O’Keefe, so pile on silver jewellery and Native American prints. Bring an extra bag to hold all of the treasures you pick up from Seret & Sons, the family’s emporium of South and Central Asian furniture, including Tibetan antiques, dhurries and patterned pillows.
The crimson-and-gold walled spa has a stone fireplace and a slew of treatments inspired by Tibetan and East Indian traditions. Try an Ayurvedic healing massage or High Mountain Hydration, a steam treatment that is perfect for high altitude.