The Inn at Perry Cabin
Style Refined riverside retreat
Setting Maritime Maryland
A clapboard colonial darling in storied St Michaels, The Inn at Perry Cabin is a bayside boutique hotel and spa with fresh, gently nautical modern interiors and smatterings of antiquity. Its gardens – 200 years old and containing Maryland's oldest holly tree – are a vision of leafy loveliness and the inn's Linden Spa alone is a reason to visit Chesapeake Bay. Ride bikes, sail or just sit around taking in the scenery and, round here, there's plenty to admire…
Need to know
- Rooms 78, including 26 suites.
Double rooms from $330.00, excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 10% per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($330) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates don't include breakfast (from US$10) or service.
- Facilities Spa, gym, gardens, free-to-borrow bikes free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, preloaded iPod with dock, and CD/DVD player.
- Poolside Surrounded by blossoms and lined with flowerbeds, the heated infinity pool is open in the summer from May to August.
- Check-out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Although the hotel isn’t particularly geared towards wee ones, there's no charge to borrow cribs, beds for older children are US$50 and babysitting is available for US$15 an hour.
- Also From April to November, a two-night minimum stays apply at weekends.
Food and drink at The Inn at Perry Cabin
Sherwood's Landing is refined-but-relaxed riverfront dining room, with a neutral palette, old-school linen-dressed tables, garden views framed by floor-to-ceiling windows and a lighthouse-like beacon. The scallops, local beets and crisp pears come highly recommended. Between 3pm and 5pm each day, a trad English afternoon tea is on offer in the drawing room.
- Dress code Chinos and white linen button-downs for gents; ladies could rock a floaty DVF frock or skinny white jeans, nautical stripes and heels.
- Top table In Sherwood’s Landing, the roaring fireplace makes the surrounding tables romantic hotspots. Garden-gazing window seats are scenic and serene. Lunch on the patio is a must in summer.
- Last orders Breakfast is 7am–10am; lunch, 12 noon–2.30pm; and dinner is served up 6pm–9.30pm. Order bites from the pub menu until 10pm; sip cocktails till 11pm.
- Room service A full menu of meals, snacks and drinks is available 24 hours a day.
The snug, laid-back Pursers Pub overlooks the flowery courtyard. Choose your favourite tipple from the wall of spirits. To eat, fried duck drumsticks and crab, spinach and artichoke dip don’t disappoint. Wash it down with a Chesapeake Bay Retriever cocktail: herb-infused vodka, orange juice and grenadine.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
The Inn at Perry Cabin 308 Watkins Lane, St Michaels, Maryland 21663
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Inn at Perry Cabin
Two tickets to the maritime museum and a glass of wine each
Current offers at The Inn at Perry Cabin
Offers at The Inn at Perry Cabin
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We loved the claw-foot tub and the river views in Room 80, but the Waterfront Master Suite is the showstopper, with a vast sitting room, floor-to-ceiling windows and gorgeous personality-packed antiques.
Break out the deck shoes to play captain and the high-powered binoculars for skipjack-spotting.
A local jazz trio plays big band favourites in the dining room some evenings at the inn's much-loved jazz nights. Linden Spa offers massages for couples, exfoliation treatments, yoga classes and a steam room. Mr Smith can get a hydrating facial or pedicure.